This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

I thought the Keppler character had too much baggage. The show does not need a CSI head to be screwed up like Kepplar was. Not to mention he was too depressing to watch.

I agree that "Gumdrops" was one of the best episodes ever; in fact, it's in my top two all-time CSI favorites. But episodes like that are a rarity.

I'm looking forward to the new season's premiere. I hope we get some legitimate spoilers soon.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I whole heartily agree with on the Keppler character he was so boring, and I almost fell alseep when he was on screen, 4 weeks of yawn-yawn. But it's a bit premature to talk about Billy Petersen leaving geez, he's just signed up for S/9 & when he goes, I go, his overwhelming acting his gorgeous face, his mannerisms, the tone of his voice, he's quite mesmorizing, he's un-equaled to me[​IMG]

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

4. Desertwind

Thank's MacsGirlMel interesting, what the hell is going on? is he or isn't he, how many more what if's are we going to hear about his exit or not? we have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes, now that he isn't going to do jail time, maybe TPTB have done a switch-a-roo..again:vulcan:Once again we all saw him get shot, we didn't see him die, and we saw Brass gst shot, and he didn't die, and we saw Sara drowning, and she didn't die, and we saw Greg get the crap beaten out of him, and he didn't die, and the all time nail biter "GD" we thought Nick was a goner in that underground coffin, and he didn't die! sooo

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really think that Gary will still be in the first episode of the season simply because someone has to find his body plus they are bound to have his funeral. But everything else points to him dying, so I am sticking with that and think it will be true.

As for someone replacing Grissom, I agree if they get a strong good actor and a good character for that actor the show could go on still without Billy P. Keppler did not thrill me. I do not think he would have been a good permanent replacement and glad he was not there to be one.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't get people's problem about Bryce being young and flirty. The character is obviously young since they have casted a young (and pretty!) actress who's turning 28 this coming June. I think the "flirty" bit is just to describe her personality and that's all we've got about this character so far. There's nothing indicating that she'll hook up with any other main characters, but people are already acting like she's going to end up in one of the male CSIs' bed in her first episode. Aiden from CSI: NY was young and flirty, and she had great chemistry with her colleagues and was well liked by the fans. I'll save my thoughts about Bryce after I have actually watched her on the show, but if she's an interesting character, surly I'll take her over GSR any day.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Of course I'll wait until we meet the character to decide, but of all the adjectives picked to describe and "introduce" her, why "flirty"? Why not another word like....strong, intelligent, wise, witty, smart, educated, intense, brave, dedicated? Why does a new female character have to be described as flirty to get people interested in the show?

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I think it could be the stereo-type that if you say they have brains then they are saying they will be ugly as sin, but if you say they are flirty they have looks. Now if they were to say they were Smart, flirty, etc. then your saying they have looks and brains. That little stigma still follows people around, and I hate that Tv goes with the flow on it, in descripts of characters.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think it doesn't depend so much on what they say about the character, but how the actor portrays the character. You can be flirty without being overtly so. I hope this actress is able to balance the flirtiness with some brains; subtlety is the key to any character on CSI.
    And I also think that the show would do okay without Grissom, if they add an interesting geeky male part. People on these boards all have their favorite character(mine is Sara) and it is difficult to part with them; but I think the general viewer is more interested in the crimes and the storylines. If it is well written and produced, people will continue to watch.

10. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

My spoiler source has just told me that Jorja may be in up to five or six episodes this season. The premiere and episode 2 we know about, but apparently she may show up in one or two during sweeps and then one or two around the finale.

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

That is awesome news :D

Also, I don't know about Bryce, I think she'll be quite fun, and flirty is ok in doses, but I agree they could have described her differently. I think she may be a breath of fresh air, maybe... But we'll have to wait and see I guess.

12. Desertwind

Thank's GSRLUVER I figured as much who "inks" a deal for one ep. silly:wtf: No offense to Jorja, but she's done the things she wants to do, & what other offers does she have right now? and maybe this :deal" was something she couldn't refuse, it already has from our souces [FILES] she's on at least two, so maybe Billy and Marg and her buddies Eric & George persuaded her to "come on down" and re-join us. And on the new girl, we've lost others due to not being that big of a hit? Mia, Sofia, Ronnie, the list is endless. There were some who lasted a bit longer Det. Vartann, and Lady H. in 8 years she was on 4 times, so on this new CSI, Lauren Lee Smith, the old "time will tell" rings true:rolleyes:

13. hammers_fan

hammers_fan Dead on Arrival

That does make sense. The return of Sara Sidle for the conclusion of Warrick's character. Then she returns once more to provide the storyline for Grissom to depart mid-way, and finally she's back again to prosumably conclude her own character's storyline (and potentially Grissom too). That's my theory anyway.

14. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

In a weird way, I look forward to seeing the funeral. I can imagine it: the various personnel standing around (some in tuxes and suits, some in police wear - especially Brass); Nick eulogizing his fallen friend, bursting into a flood of tears and then facing the challenge of having to be one of the pallbearers witha straight face; Catherine touching the rim of the casket and remembering the fact that she and Warrick never had a chance together (recalling how "it kinda sucks.") and Lindsey's memories of "Uncle Warrick;" Grissom - poor Grissom - somber and stoic, but with his own voice wavering as he says his goodbye; Hodges so shaken that he can't even speak and Wendy is there to comfort him; Sara borderline hysterical (and maybe, in a sense, Catherine); Brass, angry and heartbroken over the loss of Rick, but also very suspicious as he looks in the direction of the undersheriff; can't forget Ecklie, who by all accounts feels horribly; and of course, the undersheriff - there will a close-up of him, almost smirking, at the end of the episode.

Reminds me of the second season of "Law & Order" after Max Greevey was killed, and Mike Logan had to deal with his grief and a new partner in Phil Cerreta.

15. Desertwind

But then again don't "jump the gun' maybe, maybe not:vulcan: although MacsGirlMel posted this, apparently some fans didn't get a chance to see it, this is for them~

WARRICK TO RETURN?
    CLICK HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.