"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

To die or not to die...

You know what, I said earlier in this thread, or the spoiler thread - wherever, that I was dissapointed that they wheren't killing Warrick off.

So if they DID manage to fool everyone, and HAVE killed him off, then a big yay to them all.

Harsh as it may sound, I can't be doing with this pandering to stars wishes. IE - Leaving slots open to them in case they come back. I know this is different to Jorja Fox leaving, cos Gary Dourdan got fired off (or not offered a new contract) - so why would it even be an option for him to return?

Have some b**** and kill the character off!

So I hope that remains the case. To have him survive 2 gunshots to the head/neck is possible, but surely he'd have serious damage and would never be the same. IF they wanted an option to have him come back into the show when he's sorted his life out - they surely would have done the ending differently.

2. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It sounded so familiar but I couldn't get my finger on it. Honestly I've never heard of Bobby Hebb. I only knew Boney M.'s version of this song.

3. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

About the Warrick's car beng alone in the alley.... well it might not have been as Grissom,cath and Greg had all just left ahead of him so maybe their cars were parked there too? After all Warrick's car was not parked right outside the door of the dinner and there seemed no obstacle to stop him? Don't you try parking closest to where you are going?

(PS my husband doesn't - he likes to park where there are no other cars- like at the far end of mall car parks- this is a source of the odd minor argument - as he is generally not the one carrying the bags or dealing with the small kids getting them to walk the whole length of a car park without running out infront of other cars. I digress..... none of this could apply to warrrick's parking choice!!! But you see it is obviously a bee in my bonnet! ha ha )

(PPS my husband's brother is just the same- much to annoyance of *his* wife!!)

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Releasing from Tack feel free to continue the discussion. ;)

5. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

I'm very sad about the fact that Warrick died, I loved his character sooo much. :(

Afterall the weird thing for me in that whole 'Warrick's death' scene was when Greg, Catherine, Grissom and Nick left there was a calm and happy smile on their faces. They didn't know about that was the last time they saw Warrick alive. :(

In my opinion the writers did an excellent job with this scene. :thumbsup:

6. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

I wish I could tell if he were dead or not though. But think of it from the shooter's point of view. He obviously shot to kill because he wouldn't want Warrick telling people he was shot by the undersheriff (that is his title, I think?). If Warrick recovers then US goes down without a chance in hell. If Warrick dies... well, they can at least tell that the bullet passed through glass? They're all smart cookies, and it wouldn't look like suicide, since it's not Warrick's gun

That's my take on it

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

I'm amazed that there's this much speculation over whether Warrick died. In my mind, there's no question. Maybe if the only shot had been to his neck, there would've been a slim possibility, but the second shot to the head definitely looked like the killshot.

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Was the supposed "Second Shot" actually a second shot or just a different take or angle on the initial first shot fired by the US?

My hats off to the writers on this episode. Even though we're losing a second "main character" , story lines for season 9 will be great. Well, at least the first few anyway. Endless possibilities on how the writers can expand on this.

9. flashofgenius

flashofgenius Victim

Gil, Greg & Catherine go off in the opposite direction as Warrick.

You're very welcome. The reason it was driving me crazy is I'm trying to figure out if it was supposed to mean something to the story. That shot of Warrick turning down the radio was just an odd shot. Like the old saying goes, "If you show a gun in the first act, it needs to go off in the second act."

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  10. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

ITA. McKeen definitely went Soprano on Warrick. The first shot was a through and through to the neck, similar to the shot Bell took in ABRTI. And we all know what happened to Bell. Second shot was the killshot. That would have been through the head. The fact that McKeen stood back meant that he was making it count.

11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Is it Elisbeth Kubbler-Ross who said the first stage of grief is denial??

I agree with you no way Warrick survived - nor should he much more of an emotional reaction in the audience and as you say leads into so very dramatic storylines for next season.

I mean it has got us all even more desperate for the start of S9 than for the staart of S8!!

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Is Warrick dead or alive? Would it have made a difference if Nick had gone with him? Basically, whatever the writers want or wanted to happen is what's going to happen. Trying to make sense of it or figure it out or rationalize it won't change what they want to do. :rolleyes:

Heck, if something changed over the summer with Gary, they could open next season with McKean saying, "Oh man, I had this dream where I set you up and killed you!" Can anyone say, "Dallas"? :lol:

13. Veze

Veze Rookie

I really hope he's dead.

First as I've said before, we've many stories with a CSI making it just fine (Nick, Sara, Greg, Brass etc.) so the odds are against Warrick

Second, Gary Dourdan did left the show (fired or not it doesn't matter at this point) so no need to keep an "open door". And by the way, flashback are always possibles if they really want a guest appearance in the future.

I really didn't see the finale as a cliffhanger. For me it was pretty straightforward. Warrick's dead and Season 9 will begin with the aftermath.

I'm not a psychic so I'll wait and see in september if I'm right or wrong. But I hope I'm right because otherwise... it'll be jumping the shark for me.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It's HARSH, to wish Warrick dead I think that's cold and not caring, I just remember Nick in "Grave Danger" I never thought he'd get out of that underground coffin alive, but he did:thumbsup:, and Brass in 'ABRTI" shot and almost died, but he didn't, and Sara underneath the car with rain pouring in, I never though she's survive, but she did, and Greg beat to a pulp, and he made it too, so it's not out of the realm of possibility, that Warrick also makes it, I jut like to keep a positive attitude about all our CSI's:bolian:

15. Veze

Veze Rookie

you get me wrong.

I'm not happy Warrick's dead. I'm sad like everybody. but I just think it was the time to kill a character off after all the rescues of the other seasons.

It's because everybody else make it alive that I thinks Warrick's dead. I'm not doing a happy dance or anything like that. I just think his death and the investigation and the mourning will make good drama next season.

Life's not fair and we don't always get an happy ending. I'm not harsh neither uncaring, just realist.