NY Forum Trip to Los Angeles: Year Two!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 29, 2008.

1. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Yay, I love coming in here and seeing all this ticket booking talk. :) I'm stoked the Elsies have their tickets now, so there's no backing out. And at least Mr. Elsie knows what he's in for this year. :lol:

Springmoon - Once again, I love your resourcefulness. Nicely done.

1CSIMFan and Fay - Get on your sh*t. *poke poke*

I'm stoked that so many of last year's attendees are making the trip again this year. :)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

We nag because we love. :D Seriously, it's great to see so many people from last year's trip coming back. That tells me we did something right last year. :D And that you guys are awesome. :cool:

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We're coming because we love y'all! I've been looking forward to going back out there ever since I got back--and it ain't because it's LA. :D We could be going to the middle of nowhere and I'd still be stoked.

I'm a bit annoyed that the prices have gone up (since I now have to buy a new computer), but them's the breaks. I'll come close to emptying my bank account again this year. :lol:

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Hey, this is fast turning into my third vacation in any given year. Except... no family tagging along except the board family!

5. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Okay, I am now ready to make my reservations so I have a couple of questions for the returnees. About what time of the day do some you anticipate arriving in LA and are any of you going with last years suggestion of staying at the Best Western. The reason I ask is I was hoping that someone might want to share a rental car if we are coming in around the same time and staying at the same place (I haven't made my hotel reservations yet so if someone wants to share a car but is staying somewhere different, I have no problem with changing my plans). I just figured with the prices of EVERYTHING being high right now, someone else besides me would want to save a little money. :)

6. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I've got everything set.
    Actually not really. I will be there, because I have all the grades and money that mom told me that I needed to be allowed. So all I need is plane tickets and to book my hotel. This year I don't have to get a passport because mine is still good.
    I can't wait!!!

7. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Well, I am now the proud owner of 1 roundtrip ticket to Los Angeles, CA. :)

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

That's great news stormymac! I look forward to meeting you in person. :)

9. Faylinn

Rhonda was on Travelocity and...

F*CK YOU GUYS, WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII! :D

I kid, I kid. :p

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

:D Y'all don't mind, do you?:p
    I FINALLY booked our trip. We will be arriving on July 31st at 11:51 am. The same time as last year.

11. Faylinn

:p

Our return flight doesn't leave until Monday night, so we'll have to figure out some way to spend Monday. :D

12. Top41

You two are just big teases! :p

I'm sure there will be something to do on Monday. If I'm not working/can get the day off, I will definitely hang out with you. :D

YAY!!!! I'm glad people are starting to get tickets. :D

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: :lol:

Yay! I'm glad you're finally booked. I can't wait to see you all again. :D

14. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Awesome that people are now getting their tickets. Woo hoo! It's getting closer.

Can everyone who is attending please PM both Top and me your current email addresses? We're going to be sending out a group email listing all the activities and asking you to cut and paste the list with a "yes" or "no" next to each activity and send it back to us. We're 10 weeks out now and plan to start making some of the reservations about 8 weeks out. I know it may seem like we're asking a lot in expecting you to know this far out which activities you're down for and which (if any) you're sitting out, but large group dinner reservations are not easy to come by.

Also, as you make your travel arrangements, if you could please PM those as well so I can compile them into the same chart as last year, that would be awesome. We want your flight info, hotel and a cell # where you can be reached once in LA. For any newbies attending this year, fear not -- none of this info will be publicly posted. It will be handled the same as last year in that all personal info and detailed itineraries listing specific addresses, meeting spots and times will be distributed by email to only those attending.

Thanks for getting your info to us, ladies. It's time to get into serious planning mode now. :)

15. Top41

I've only received one PM! You rock, Elsie! :D

I am still waiting to hear from the rest of you! :p ;)