Emily/Calleigh #10 : 'A Perfect 10'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by HoratioStalker, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yeah probably "The Oath" was the best episode in terms of professional look although she still looked gentle & happy like the old Calleigh (not that I don't like her anymore cause she's still my fav.).

She was professional & cheerful at the same time also in
    "Big Brother"
    [​IMG]

and another episode I loved was "Murder in a Flash"
    [​IMG]
    I don't know I found her too cute here ;)

2. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

I loved her old outfits. Those were the nicest, I feel. She wears a lot of black/white nowadays, but the occasional bright shirt she wears, I love! The blue and red, in particular. Oh, and don't get me started on her shoes :drool:.

[​IMG]

(thanks to Leela, and her lovely site, for that cap :))

I like her dress sense normally, but she has changed it, I agree. She's gone from being very girly, to very... womanly(?) but still with that added spark that just screams Calleigh. She changes her hair a lot too, but I think we've discussed that before :lol:

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Adorelo I love the hair she has in this pic!!!!:thumbsup:

ok I just watched the promo for "Going Ballistic" :eek:
    What the hell is going to happen to Calleigh in this episode???? Am I crazy or did I see the ceiling of her lab collapsing???:eek: I can't believe it!!! Another trouble for Calleigh:(.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I don't think you are going crazy, Flò! Whatever it was, it was falling from above:wtf:!!! I'm going crazy for my curiousity...Another trouble for Cal, that's not fair, it' not bad luck...it's a CURSE!!!!!

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

She was also very 'womanly' in season 1 but the show was darker and they slapped on the makeup like a semi-trailer was about to sit in her lashes. Ick. I guess it was the early 2000s and was very much like the late 90s. :lol:

Bah? A ceiling falls on her? :wtf: Somehow I don't remember that in the promo but I wasn't exactly watching it, lol. That's interesting. She gets carjacked and hit 3 times, kidnapped and now the lab falls down around her ears literally. :lol: Poor girl is going to need a hug. That's of course assuming it's Calleigh.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

*fiuu* glad to know I'm not crazy:lol:

Anyway is it my impression or is Calleigh a little bit unlucky??? I mean it's impossible to have all the troubles she had this year!!! Now this thing collapsing almost on her from above:wtf:. Someone must have cursed her:eek:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I haven't seen the promo, but I will tell you right now that the ceiling did NOT collapse because I was spying on Calleigh from up in the air vents.

8. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Ok, if you put it in that way, I believe you, Dynamo1!
    BTW, my favorite Calleigh outfit is in Stand Your Ground. I love that top, oooh and the jacket. I want it!!!!

Yes, the girl is definitely cursed. I can understand people love Calleigh-centric episodes but aren't the writers playing a bit too much with her? A ceiling on her? There's a good word in Italy for situations like those. I'll let Flò understand by herself! :guffaw:

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:guffaw:Dyanmo this was the best expation you could give us!!! I believe you.

A ceiling on Calleigh is the best thing they could ever done to show how she's unlucky:rolleyes:. Oh Lus I already knew the word to use for this situation even before you mentioned it:lol:

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Our favorite girl is really unlucky. As far as I'm concerned we can have Calleigh centric episode every time, but please, please stop trying to kill her!!! There is so many things writers can do to make a Calleigh centric episode without her being in danger. They could have an old friend of hers being the suspect or something like that.

11. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I know what you mean - I love Calleigh. She's become my favorite character on the show over the years. I was really disappointed w/her character development in Seasons 4-5 — they really gave her nothing in terms of her past or development, aside from getting run off the road. I really don't think trying to kill Cal constitutes character development, especially when there's no follow-up.

The "All In" incident might be the exception, as Cal does seem different after being kidnapped, but I miss the "old days" where characters were developed through private storylines. For example, I really loved the story arc they had going with Cal's father in Seasons 1-3, and "Under the Influence" is one of my all-time favorite episodes. It wasn't "in your face," but it was an emotional connection to the character, a side we didn't get to see often.

I think the writers should get back to stuff like that, b/c as much as we all love Cal, people might start rolling their eyes at the amount of danger she's being put in every week. I always hoped her brother or mother would pop in, myself.

I think there's a lot to Cal, and that she has changed a lot over the years, but it would be interesting to look at her past, which was alluded to last year (her parents divorce, etc.)

12. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I totally agree with you, miamirock.
    It would be great to see her father again. I mean, I think heroes are people who are strong being human, being simple. People who can live their personal lives and what they do for the others at the same moment. If they want to make heroes of characters like H or Calleigh, they should show us their personal way to live things. Their human side...

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

miamirocks you couldn't say it better;).
    I think they are exaggerating with her troubles right now.
    I'm all for character development as in my opinion you can't go on with a show without developing its main characters.

As dvelepoment I don't intend too many troubles or dramas...cause as lusiana88 said Horatio & Calleigh for istance should represent our heroes, people who dedicate their life to save & protect people but at the same time are simple with normal lives or minor troubles.
    I think that Caleligh's father was perfect for this kind of development. He was a little problem ( cause I liked him as a alcoholic...he was not violent...he was sweet) for her but still she was always able to work & protect other people.
    Whenever there's her father you can see she's a human being, she is a normal woman with feelings and concern for him ;) which is perfect to me.

Then there was Speed's death which in my opinion hit Calleigh pretty hard...although she maybe doesn't show it. She changed a lot also from that episode & obviously after her father's problem in "Under the Infulence" ( I loved that episode).

Obviously Hagen's death wa the hardest thing for her....I mean he committed suicide in her lab:eek:.

Then we didn't see anything about her character for the whole s4 - s5 which is weird.

I also think that w/ Jake they could have developed her a little bit for example showing what happened in the past to Calleigh...but still they didn't do it, they omitted it althought they practically showed it was their intention to mention Calleigh's past:rolleyes:

S6 they completely changed their way to develop her character trying to kill her twice & now it looks there's gonna be a third time:rolleyes:.
    It's not by attempting to people's lives you can change their character....in my opinion development is almost about family, relationships & past...not carcrashes or people trying to kill you.

"All In" was probaly the best way to change her w/ an attempt to her life. She's different right now after it...but still they need to show me something more about Calleigh's character & personality which is a little bit cryptic.
    Surely the ceiling collapsing on her after her last year is not the best way to do it:rolleyes:.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

You know, it's interesting to bring up the whole "Jake" thing b/c I really thought (from a non-shipper standpoint) that he would lead us deeper into Cal's past. Instead, IMHO, he's only served as a pawn to make Eric look like the better man in this "love triangle" thing. There was not much depth to Jake's character, and we never really got to know why Cal seems to care for him so much (other than the fact that he's a "bad boy.") It kind of hurt Cal's character a bit for me, b/c we didn't get to see beyond the physical attraction or whatever - there was obviously a deeper relationship in the past, and it would've been interesting to go there instead of just "using" the Jake character, you know? Jake should've helped us understand Calleigh better, but I don't think this plotline has done that thusfar.

I just wish TPTB would get back to what made the show work in the first place - the friendships. I really liked that locker room scene between Eric and Cal in "Down To The Wire" b/c it was about their friendship, and they were addressing their own problems, etc. (Actually, a little OT, but Eric reminded me a bit of Speed in "Dispo Day" in that scene.)

Cal has always been ready to help everyone on the team, and "Down to the Wire" was a great example that — even though she's been through a lot, she's consistent in protecting her friends. (Like she did w/Speed in "Dispo Day," Ryan in "Deathpool 100", etc.) She's always willing to go out on a limb for her friends, and for the good of the lab.

The fact that she was willing to ask Eric if his brain injury threatened the lab, knowing it would be a tough conversation, I thought that was fantastic. And someone had to say it. I know Cal said she thought she should've said something when Eric first came back, but our poor girl is taking too much of the blame - H is his boss and he should've been looking out for Eric, too. I think Cal needs to realize that, even though she's the senior CSI, she can't take on all the responsibilities in the lab.

Calleigh is still the rock of the team, as far as I see it. Since all this "drama" has happened w/Horatio over the past few years, she's really been "holding down the fort" the whole time. (And you know it really would be nice for Horatio, as her boss, to acknowledge that fact every once in a while, and even stick up for her. :rolleyes: I mean, Cal has everyone else's back, but who has hers? With all the drama going on w/the other characters, I feel like she's been abandoned a bit, especially by H... but I digress.)

Her strength and smarts are still there, but she's definitely not the "way too cheerful" girl next door anymore. I miss that Cal, but unfortunately too much has happened to her since, I'd say, Speed's death. (I agree w/you guys that Speed's death definitely affected her - I mean, she's the one who asked him to please clean his gun or "it could be you next time," and he didn't listen. It was pretty tragic, actually.:()

If only we could get the "team" spirit back, and those bonds of friendship between ALL the team members, I think we could see Cal's lighter side a bit more. That is, if TPTB would stop trying to kill her! :lol:

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I, too, hope that they will stop trying to kill her. I miss old playful Calleigh. She was so cute in the first two seasons. I miss that. I know that she is more mature now, but even a glimpse of her old behavior would be really, really nice. I'm really interested in that collapsing ceiling thing. Maybe it's only a misleading promo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.