Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm supposed to be working right now, but I put on the full episode of "Personal File" in the background to see if I was right about something I remembered. For those of you who believe that the segments when Danny calls Lindsay and when Danny speaks with Rikki have been flip-flopped, I think I have proof that it was flipped. If you look at Danny's left elbow on the counter when he is speaking with L, and he says "The truth is, I miss you", there is a flat grayish card that I believe to be Ruben's memorial card (that Danny picked up off the coffee table) laying there on the counter. Then if you watch the scene where he is walking to the counter after closing the door when Rikki leaves, there is a pad of paper on the counter to his left, but it is farther over and it isn't flat like the card is. Bingo. :thumbsup:

I'm such a nerd. :lol:

:eek: :guffaw: Oh yeah. I am so going to check this out! Thanks for the tip, snickerdoodle!

I'll be back with screencaps should I find the above. :evil:

I'm supposed to be working right now, but I put on the full episode of "Personal File" in the background to see if I was right about something I remembered. For those of you who believe that the segments when Danny calls Lindsay and when Danny speaks with Rikki have been flip-flopped, I think I have proof that it was flipped. If you look at Danny's left elbow on the counter when he is speaking with L, and he says "The truth is, I miss you", there is a flat grayish card that I believe to be Ruben's memorial card (that Danny picked up off the coffee table) laying there on the counter. Then if you watch the scene where he is walking to the counter after closing the door when Rikki leaves, there is a pad of paper on the counter to his left, but it is farther over and it isn't flat like the card is. Bingo. :thumbsup:

I'm such a nerd. :lol:

You are awesome! :D Nice CSI work there. ;) I wondered about the scenes being flipped, but there you go: evidence. So I guess originally Danny called Lindsay after Rikki said her goodbye and left. It makes more sense that way, though I guess not if you believe Danny was calling Lindsay because he actually wants to be with her, and not because he's insecure and needy and all that jazz.

It does make you wonder why they'd film it that way and then only change it during the editing process.

^ Despite all our fun speculation about that and the possible significance of switching those scenes imo the reason is still as simple as the shot of Danny at that counter in front of that window was such a great and moving shot.

I'm glad to see someone found evidence of those two scenes being switched, I thought the same thing when I initially watched the ep, and quite frankly Danny's call to Lindsay simply made more sense to me if it happened after Rikki said her goodbye, because now his support and comfort is gone, and he turns to Lindsay as a Second Fiddle, so to speak. ;) I tend to agree with Dutch Treat, they might have switched the scenes in editing simply because that long shot of Danny made a more aesthetically pleasing ending. Regardless though, I do wish they would have kept the original sequence, it simply makes more sense to have Danny turn to Lindsay again after his major brush-offs, only because Rikki is truly out of his life, and not because he has been sitting around and pining for Lindsay. Because Lord knows, they've never shown any evidence of that, that I've seen.

Last edited:
Back