Dexter

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by LoneWolfe001, Mar 18, 2007.

1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Hey Kari, nice to see you around the board again.

I just got into watching Dexter too and I love it. I'm so torn because I love Dexter, but he's a serial killer, LOL I'm on season 2 ep 4. Season 1 just blew me away. The writers for this show are amazingly talented. I've been watching the showtime verson of it and Sunday I'm going to watch the season 1 finale on CBS just to see how bad it sucks being censored. I just think it's going to take away from the characters personalities. Has anyone watched it on showtime and cbs? What do you think of it being censored?

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Thanks! I know, I'm hardly here anymore!!

I agree with what you said about the censoring taking away from certain aspects. The episodes I've seen on CTV/CBS I didn't see on the DVDs or vice versa, so I don't know what I'm really "missing" though.

I agree (again :)) that the show is really well written. Michael C Hall is awesome. He's great at playing the creepy serial killer, but also making him loveable too! It's crazy!! hah!

3. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Does anyone watch Dexter? Oh my GOD he is ONLY my favorite serial killer. Although who would ever have thought that I'd love a show where a serial killer is the "hero".

4. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I have only finished S1 and now will have to hunt down S2 (although I don't know if it is out on DVD yet) but will definitily continue to watch the show. I still wonder if CBS is going to air S2 or not?

I loved the twist of the Ice Truck Killer being his brother. I also like the idea that even as a killer he sticks to the "code". That was a great season ender.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i don't know if they will be able to...season 2 has a lot more nudity and stuff they can't show on american network tv, so it would be more choppy. I would try to get the uncut version. I am pretty sure its coming out on dvd in august.

Just looked, August 19 is the expected release date.

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Thanks xfcanadian. I am going to try to buy the DVD.

7. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

The censors would have a stroke trying to edit S2. I like the uncut version better myself. It doesn't seem like Deb unless she is saying f#*k every other word! (LMAO)

8. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I watched the 1st season finale on cbs. I had already seen the Show time verson of it. CBS did a fairly decent job of editing out the bad words. The part when Rudy had Deb on that boat and she was cussing so bad they had her saying something like Oh mother of God or something, instead of oh muther :censored:

I agree that taking away Debra, Doakes and Angel's foul mouths would be destroying their characters. I'll keep watching it on Showtime!:thumbsup:

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I can't wait for season 3 to start. Dexter is addictive.

A serial killer who is also a CSI. That's like catnip for me...;)

10. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Has no one watched Dexter this season? I'm so hooked on this show. I love it. Tomorrow is the season finale already. I wish it got more than 12 ep a season, it deserves more. This season has really been up and down again with Dexter fighting not to get caught. I love Jimmy Smits and it was great having him on it. Can't wait to see tomorrows show.

11. CSIViet

CSIViet Victim

Season finale already??? Noooooooooo!!

I love this show. It took a couple of episodes to get into it at first, but after that I was hooked. This season has been great, Michael C. Hall plays it so well.

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Yeah tonight is it! I can't believe it went by so fast and they only get 12 eps. :(

Micael C. Hall is awesome as a calm serial killer. I love how he does one thing and says something else in his head, cracks me up. This show is great for twist and turns and surprises. My second fav character is Deb, I love how she can throw the F bomb :censored: in any sentence.

13. CSIViet

CSIViet Victim

Awwww, it was over all too quickly.......

Nice to see they are already advertising season 4, I'm guessing we still have to wait until September/October though. I liked that the adverts call him the "loveable serial killer" - words you don't tend to put together!

14. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I just got to see the finale today and it was awesome. I was suprised it didn't have some scary big cliff hanger like it usually does, but the ep was great. I love how he talked the brother out of continuing his attack on Dex. Ack, I hate to wait that long for new Dexter.

He is a very lovable serial killer, not something you would think of a serial killer.

15. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

God, I love Dexter! My favourite season is 1, 2 is very good and 3 is not as good in my opinion. It's one of the best shows out there right now, very well written and acted. Love everything about it, Michael C Hall gives a wonderful performance, dark yet has its funny moments, unintentional or not. He has this unconventional sex appeal about him, don't know how to describe it, sexy in a kinda geeky way?? LOL, yes, his sis Deb sure swears like a sailor! The intro always makes me hungry tho :lol: