Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

That is probably why we didn't see where exactly Lindsay was going, because *gasp* that would be too much of a soap opera and the writers of this show wouldn't want to do that!

The drama involved in that whole potential scene would of killed me, One Tree Hill does enough of that for me thank you very much! :lol:

2. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I kept thinking about that! I think that Rikki would have already gone back to her apartment by the time that Lindsay would have arrived. I would have to say that it would have been pretty interresting if they were there at the same time.

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

*Liffy pops into the thread after yet another span of absence* Hey guys, anybody miss me? Well, I'm still alive (which is a very good thing), and still lovin' DL! :D

Thoughts on 4x19:

From the beginning of the episode itself I was surprised by exactly how compartmentalised Danny's life really is. We had Flack's quip; that Danny should piss Lindsay off more often and then Danny simply laughs. Either Danny's really good at masking his emotions and faking it or Flack simply isn't part of the life he has with Lindsay. The fun and light scenes at the basketball game between Danny and Flack is the complete opposite ot the exhausted Danny we see later when he's on the phone with Lindsay and talking to Rikki. It's interesting to see that really, and we get the idea that Flack's only there because Lindsay turned Danny down. Flack obviously knows there's some tension between Danny and Lindsay but I don't think he knows what, probably thinking it just a simple squabble, and thinks nothing of it.

Later on we see Danny, once again, telling Lindsay that they need to talk. I'm glad that Lindsay turned him down with the work excuse, which shows at the very least that she's learning to seperate her personal life from her work. The fact that she doesn't know when they should talk when Danny asks her tells me that despite her feelings for Danny, she's still somewhat conflicted with what she wants to happen next. The choice is either to let Danny go and move on, or well, try to work things out.

We know Lindsay has trust issues, otherwise she probably wouldn't have kept her past to herself and pushed Danny away in season 3. Now that Danny's pushed her away, I don't really blame her if she feels somewhat betrayed or used. Danny's actions up to this point has done nothing but show Lindsay that he may not trust her as much as she trusts him, and that, coupled with her reluctance to trust in the first place, is going to hurt her much more than it probably should.

Lindsay's confusion is shown a little clearer in the elevator scene where Danny impersonates the popcorn man and we see Lindsay somewhat fighting to just enjoy Danny's quirkiness. It's a little sad to see her do that when they'd normally be grinning back each other rather than suppressing that urge.

The rain-walk scene was yummy (and this is proof that I did not drown in my own drool!), but I really wanted to give Lindsay a hug more than anything. Walk with her a bit...ya know? Danny's scenes, I thought, were heartfelt and I loved his facial expression when he says 'please' after asking her to come over and talk to him in person.

I agree with the whole 'Montana' thing that she probably wasn't saying that only people in Montana take rain walks. To me it means more that it's what she does, and he just doesn't understand her, just like she doesn't understand him. Lindsay's voice is pretty light throughout the conversation and that I think goes to show how much easier it is to talk on the phone rather than face to face. I'm glad that Danny's acknowledged that pushing her away has hurt and driven her away. Although it would have been nicer for Danny to go see her rather than ask her to come over, it does on some level make sense. Perhaps Danny's realised that if he keeps taking one step forward, she's going to take a step back to match, and than it's really up to her to decide when she will come to him. All he can do is ask. Again, we see Lindsay indicisiveness (the writers are really on the ball with keeping this realistic - seriously, despite how annoying it is) when Danny asks her to come over, and she hangs up without giving him a concrete answer.

I'm glad the Rikki scene was short (because I can't stand looking at her), and that she is being given a way out of this. Despite the fact that the moving away is cliche and overused, it is in reality quite a believable outcome. I've known a few people who've moved to escape memories and start over. It's do-able, not always easy, but possible. (It seems she's already started with her hair too; made me miss Lindsay's curls when I saw her). Danny's finally admitted that what they did wasn't a good thing but I'm even more elated at the fact that he said that before Rikki told him she was moving, so no matter what the outcome, it was still a mistake.

Overall it was a pretty good episode (aside from the boring Paula case), but I'm not exactly jumping up and down with joy over it either. There are still alot of unanswered questions that I hope will be addressed before the season ends.

Should Lindsay have gone to Danny's?

Well I'm partly yes and no. I think Lindsay really needs to hear what Danny has to say, and I hope that he does say the things we need to hear. After Rikki leaves, Lindsay's still in the rain so I doubt Lindsay could have made it there and still catch Rikki. If Danny's apartment wasn't that far away, she wouldn't have needed to take the subway, so it's probably not that near (this is if she was intending to go there in the first place). If they're going to work this out, they really need to talk soon. And if Danny has yet to tell Lindsay about Rikki, it's best that they talk before Lindsay's made up her mind, because it's going to be a big factor that needs alot of thinking on Lindsay's part. The sooner it happens, the better.

Lindsay - Rikki

I'm a firm believer that if Danny and Lindsay are going to make their relationship work after this, then Lindsay needs to know what happened between Danny and Rikki. Everything needs to be laid out in the open so they can work it out together and start over. To me, there are three routes the writers could go: Lindsay doesn't know and Rikki is never mentioned again (sets up a possible source of tension further down the line that I don't want to think about - way too soapish), Lindsay does know but enough time has passed that she's moved on from that and is now simply working through what she wants with Danny, or Lindsay doesn't know but she suspects and has accepted the possibility that Danny's turned to someone else for comfort. The third option sets up minimal dramatic tension if the writers are going to address Rikki again before the season is out, and I do hope that they do.

If Lindsay doesn't suspect, but finds out when they do finally decide to talk, yes it will hurt her but it's also going to show her that Danny can be truthful to her. If she finds out later down the line when their relationship has been reestablished, then she's going to be questioning how much of that was true - and that's even worse than where they are right now.

I think we've had enough drama to last a lifetime to be honest, and I hope the writers don't bring back storylines of this kind. If there needs to be drama, then let it be connected to a case in some way, which would make a case more interesting and engaging, but doesn't push a relationship to the front of the screen. Cases should come first and the relationships should stay in the background.

I hope that this episode wasn't what was meant by us being pleased with the season's outcome, because right now even though I'm slightly happier, I'm far from being pleased. I probably won't be pleased until it's clear that Lindsay knows about Rikki and that they are going to work it out. AND, we need a small kiss in the finale. There you go.

:)

Hi Weapons_Tech,

[​IMG]

I think I've done enough rambling now. Time to go back to drooling over wet Lindsay. :cool:

4. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Why yes, yes we did miss you! *offers big hugs!*

That had me intrigued too, it seems strange that he'd laugh the comment off, I don't think he has told Flack what has happened, I don't see 'You should have sex with another woman behind Linds' back to get me tickets' as a very likeable scene between the two of them. :rolleyes: But then, you never know!:lol:

I wholeheartedly agree, it appears to me that they flung this case together without any effort just to get SMM and Linds working together. Yes, we like to see the interaction regardless of how traumatising it is but come on - put some effort into what your show is really about.:lol:

He didn't let Lady V into his apartment - I like that, not against Lady V but that he chose to take a stance (look, he's getting his Team Lindsay shirt out) and confirming it's not happening again before she gets to say anything. Looks like we don't need to worry about any ridiculous 'something happens to Lindsay and this is when he realises how he feels' scenes.

Now that is rambling!:p Again, welcome back Liffy. x

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Welcome back Liffy! And just two days till our next episode...

That's quite a review you wrote for us...loved it and I think it really sums up what we are all in a way feeling after this episode...we are getting somewhere, but the how and when is still a big question mark.

That's right, she either has to find out now, or it has to never come up again, because that will make things worse.

I still have hope that he will tell her, not only for her sake, but because he couldn't live with himself either if he kept this from her now that he knows how she feels about him.

There are two interesting polls up in the general CSI:NY thread both regarding the Danny, Lindsay, Rikki situation.

Do you think there's any chance Lindsay knows about Rikki?

and

Was Lindsay's anger justified

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

They are very interesting poles i replied in both so no point repeating myself here.

Its a pretty messed up situation but i was thinking and its funny the 1st thing i thought when i split up with my bf about a week later after i went on believing he was right saying it was for the best etc was did he cheat on me when i was on holiday cos he dumped me 2 days later..... and i swear it goes thru every girls head

she is a csi so instinct has a part to play she must be playing the scenarios around in her head of what could be happening.

I just hope it plays out well but it have this inkling that they will blow it over and assume the phonecall was the "talk"

7. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I've been thinking they would just bury it under the carpet but now I'm not so sure.

I've just seen someone comment on another site that TV Guide is talking about Mac's situation not being the only drama for the finale. They apparently refer to some sort of emotional drama involving two of the team. That can only mean one thing in my book (although actually it could really mean anything). But, it makes me wonder if Lindsay finds out in the finale. On one hand I hope so, on the other I really don't see how they can make them 'okay' (take that with a grain of salt) before the end of the season as they've implied. :confused:

8. dutch_treat

Yeah, that's what I've been saying too. She is trained to pay attention to small details, and she has known him for a long time and she knows him well, so she must know that there is something more going on...something that he is not telling her.:scream:

You're right it could mean anything, but when I read "emotional drama involving two of the team" I immediately thought about D/L too. I just hope that the 'drama' means that they indeed have that talk or that we find out some other way that Lindsay knows about Danny and Rikki.

I keep my fingers crossed that we find out she knows before the end of this season, and as far as the 'okay' part, that could work if they show that they together 'decide' to at least try and pick up the pieces again. I actually would like that because it'll mean that they can use that to get D/L back to how they were in season 2; of course it will never be exactly the same again, because of everything that has happened, but while they try and make things work between them again and slowly get back together we can look forward to lots of bantering. :)

I just hope that (since 4x21 and 5x01) is apparently a two-parter that we don't end with Danny telling Lindsay, Lindsay's shocked face...to be continued...:brickwall:

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Its nice to see peoples views in the polls about what they actually think. I think majority think she has to know but i gotta say if she doesnt i'm blaming danny for being danny in the way he shows his emotions.

Hmm i've very intrieged now about the spoilers.

Tbh if i'm honest i dont want that... the finale is about Mac sorry but i can already see that if it is them and she finds out then a few people will be pissed because although it would be an end i would have prefered it to end by new ep and leave the finale for good oldteam work.

Though i've now though it will be SD repeated hehe make up sex

I've very half and half about it now its not got me in the best of thoughts about it

10. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

There is another death connected to the hostage situation. I am assuming this is the case D/L are on. Could that be the turn people are talking about? Because considering whom this person is, I can see it being kind of an emotional thing. (Its no one connected to the team, its connected to the bank manager)

11. dutch_treat

Well, there can be (like you mentioned in SD) very good team work and still some time for personal issues, especially since this ep is gonna be a two-parter. And although I would like to see them have sex again somewhere in the future I think the finale will be a bit too soon...than again, like between Danny and Rikki, it might be for the (different) wrong reasons. They both need time and do not need to rush things.

Perhaps another hug or even a small kiss, but imo that should be enough right now.

I cannot remember what that other case was about - do you have more info? But if they are working together and it gets pretty emotional, then perhaps that will somehow help bring them closer together.

12. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Its mentioned by Flack about notifying the bank managers wife of his death, later on its mentioned that the wife is dead. I would presume that, that is where D and L are because in my sources everyone else is accounted for except them. If this person is dead, she wouldnt be listed as a guest star on the press release because, she wouldn't speak. It would also explain how Danny seems to appear out of no where at the end of the episode, seeing as though the robber lives across the street from the bank manager and his wife.

Also the bank manager and his wife had children, whom are now left without parents, and goodness knows the circumstances in which she died, maybe protecting her husband. I shudder to think.

I think most people see the word drama and automatically think of something bad, drama is also used to describe anything that is exciting or highly emotional, just like TV GUIDE said, "emotional turn"

13. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

:rolleyes: No, no, no! I don't wanna hear it/see it. It's just unneccessary - I'm so upset I can't spell! Perhaps being affected by a case but if they end the season on SMM's confession I may have to shoot my tellybox (how cool is the e4 man?) CSI is a crime show not a bleeding soap opera. I want my finale to be what finales ought to be made of. Bombs, blood, angst & terrorists! None of this broken heart malarky, how off putting will that be for Season 5? I don't care how they do it, I just don't wanna see this stuff in the finale. Give us Snow Day ii and that's not in reference to the good stuff!

Edit: See, back in the days Drama! was a good thing in relation to CSI! :lol: How times have changed....

I'm doing a Meg and traipsing back to my OTH DVDs for some angst where it belongs!

New game - how many mins into an episode before we get SMM in his wife beater? Bonus points if we see Linds biting her lip in reaction. :lol:

*runs back to the gutter where it is safe, warm & downright dirty! - Wanna play? ;)*

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  14. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I will place a twenty dollar bet that it will happen within the first ten minutes of the episode :p

OK, these spoiler boxes aren't working for me which bums me out! (its not because of the system, i am on a very old computer) so if anyone is willing to PM with what's going on...that would be great! :D

*pushes peaches out of the way, so much fun! :)*

15. dutch_treat

^^ LOL Peaches, don't get your knickers in a twist, although that does fit the guttery atmosphere...:devil:

See they are missing at the start of the episode, because they are having their conversation in some nice sweet restaurant with their phones shut off :wtf:...and while SuperMac saves the world again, they come back into the picture too to be there for the big shoot-out - with all the fun stuff Peaches mentioned, and the real non-drama related kevlar action goes on 'till the end of 5x01 <- this is all my speculation of course :cool:

Meg, a Benjamin :p says it will happen in the 35th minute...and no idea what's wrong with the boxes..

*tosses her halo in the bin again and thinks it's Danny's time to be caught in the rain* :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.