Do you think there's any chance Lindsay knows about Rikki?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 12, 2008.

?

Does Lindsay know Danny slept with Rikki?

1. Yes--I think she knows

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Maybe--I think it's possible she knows or at least suspects he did

21 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. No--no way, she's got no clue

37 vote(s)
    59.7%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

About Danny sleeping with Rikki, that is.

She's never brought it up and neither has he, but I'm curious to see how much people think she knows...

And if you think she doesn't know, do you think she will find out? Do you think she should?

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From what we've seen on screen so far I don't see how she can possibly know about Rikki or even suspect anything went on between Danny and Rikki. Danny pushed her away from the moment he saw Ruben brought into the morgue, so I don't see how his not wanting to have lunch with her would make her suspicious of anything. It's not like we saw him turning to her and then all of a sudden he did a 180 and stopped. If that was the case then I could see how she might suspect something. But it appears, so far anyway, that he pushed her away from the start and was consistently distant from the time Ruben died until she confronted him in their office.

As it stands now I will be disappointed if it's revealed she's known or even suspected, because it wouldn't make sense to me based on what's happened on screen so far.

ETA: If she doesn't know she needs to find out. If the relationship is going to continue Danny has to come clean and they have to deal with it. I'm still not convinced he "cheated," but Lindsay supposedly loves him, so I would think even if she wouldn't label it as cheating - and I think she would considering her feelings for him - it's still obviously a huge issue. From Danny's stand point he needs to tell her or else he will feel guilty, even if he doesn't think at the time it was cheating. They need for it to be out in the open so if they decide to continue/start over they can do it with nothing left hanging out there unresolved. They need to clear the air with complete disclosure and honesty if they want to move forward.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  3. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

I don't think Lindsay has any idea about Rikki. I do think she knows something is still off with Danny and that's one of the reasons why she's pushing him away at the moment.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

No, I don't think she knows. Unless Danny told her (and why would he?), how could she know?

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I answered 'maybe' (jeez, all this fence sitting really is uncomfortable). :) I tend to be of the mind that any woman whose boyfriend/love interest/friend with benefits is pushing her away has got to question whether it has something to do with another woman. And the only obvious 'other woman' has got to be Rikki. Lindsay knows what Danny is like from her own experience with him. He seems to be drawn to people who are needy while being needy himself so I think it's possible she suspects.

For all we know he could have out and out told her, but that doesn't really make sense considering she's had plenty of opportunity to comment about it on screen and she hasn't.

Someone in another thread commented that it doesn't seem as though they've even had the talk that Danny wanted in RND and if that's the case then she obviously doesn't know. But then why won't she talk to him? The only plausible explanation I can come up with (other than just poor storytelling on the part of the writers) is that she's afraid of what he might say.

I do believe that Lindsay has gotten so used to being cut off from people on an emotional level that to have given up that emotional protection to Danny she feels betrayed by him pushing her away but then again I'd have thought she'd understand his grief.

Lordy, I just don't know with this one. It hurts my head. :rolleyes:

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I had to say maybe because for some reason saying No didn't feel right but maybe also didn't.

I have to agree a lil with Jelly Belly in that part of me thinks she must suspect something with the way he has been acting and for me its natural if a guy suddenly changes tho Danny has more reason than most a womans first instinct is that is it another woman. Though that could also be that she suspects it but is doing her best to assume it's not true

But then I could totally understand if she didn't know because the way Danny has been you couldnt put 2 and 2 together and equal he's been sleeping with someone else you would end up with he could be but then he's also grieving so that allows for anything.

I would want to know in that situation even if they weren't together together she at least assumed they were more than friends so she deserves that. It would be nice for him to tell her but part of me thinks it will be a move TPTB don't take and they just take it from where it ended last ep.

7. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Hah, I just mentioned something about this in the other poll thread you started, Top, so my apologies for that.

I think she knows he's 'cheated' but not with Rikki. Like I mentioned in the other thread, she's CSI, she ain't all that dumb, she'll know. But not necessarily that it's Rikki.

There's no way for her to know who it is, but I think she knows something's happened.

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I voted that she may suspect it. Like I said in the episode review thread, I think that because of her job she is a really perceptive person, she does talk about him as her best friend and she's a woman so she must sense that there is something more to his current behaviour than just his grief over Ruben. And the way he (after her confession that she's in love with him) suddenly wanted to talk to her and is trying desperately to get her to talk to him over and over again can only add to her suspicions.

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Very interesting thoughts everyone. :)

Hmm, Lindsay being afraid of what he might say is a very plausible explanation. Whilst I doubt she actually knows, because obviously I'm not sure when Danny would have told her, I wonder if she subconsciously knows something is up, and perhaps suspects that Rikki is it. That's with the understanding that Lindsay is aware that Danny and Rikki have been closer since Ruben's death, and given they haven't been talking much I'm not sure how much she would know. Lindsay subconsciously knowing lends more credibility to her current and (imo) rather baffling behaviour towards him, which seems out of proportion to the situation.

I'm undecided about whether Danny should tell Lindsay anyway, partly because I'm not sure if Danny and Lindsay were actually a couple. If they weren't then I don't see why he would or should tell her. Honesty isn't always the best policy, and if Danny and Lindsay weren't a couple before then imo the information would perhaps just hurt Lindsay rather than make her glad he was honest about it.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I voted 'no,' simply because I think if Lindsay had any inkling Danny was unfaithful, she would be livid and probably would be raking him over the coals for it. However...

That's a really good point. Maybe Lindsay is afraid Danny will say he's been with someone else/wants to be with someone else and that's why she's avoiding talking to him. If she's afraid of getting the official dump or the "I'm just not into you" speech, that could have something to do with her not wanting to talk to him. That's something I hadn't thought of before, but it makes a lot of sense.

In real life, I would definitely concur. But this is TV, and usually things like this have a way of coming out.

11. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Chose second option. I think she definitely suspects something's wrong, and maybe that's why she's behaving so strangely. I really can't find any other explanation for that whole forgetting-birthday-and-missing-lunch plot. Can't really imagine she would behave that way if she didn't think that Danny's pushing her away not only because of Ruben's death. It's for me like clutching at any signals that sth's wrong, sensing sth's wrong but not knowing exactly what. She's behaving in such immature and ridicuous way right now because she feels Danny's not totally honest with her (sorry, probably not the best word, can't think of something better to describe his behaviour) - so she doesn't know what's going on but IMO it's not unnatural she thinks of some other woman and the fact he forgot her birthday, didn't want to go for lunch just confirms her suspicions - which makes her behave hysterically and making fuss of sth of little importance.

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: Yeah, but why have it all at once? They could totally save the revelation for when the D/L relationship gets a bit stagnant later next season... Maybe bringing Rikki back for the drama! :lol:

But seriously, I agree that being TV it's bound to come out sooner or later.

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

That's what worries me the most (worry in the context of this 'just' being a tv show of course). And I'm not talking in relation to me liking D/L together, I'm talking in relation to wanting this over and not having it revisited at a later date because Lindsay finds out or Rikki turns up with baby Messer in her arms. The relationship drama needs to be drawn to a close whether D/L end up together or not. :rolleyes:

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think it's possible Lindsay might think there's something going on, but not necessarily that there's a woman involved. So in short, I don't think she has a clue about Rikki. And like others have said, I'm not sure whether or not Danny should tell Lindsay anyway. As of late, I haven't really felt that they were exclusively together. :shrug: Maybe if this were an earlier season/episode, I might but I've observed that they've been pretty distant from each other.

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Kind of got me thinking that I know i'm one of these people of when something happens bad or things change and people change you go through every scenario as why its happening. Lindsay has probably gone through all the different scenarios in her head and you end up assuming the worst cos then you're less likely to get hurt from it.

I mean when i split with my bf the 1st week i told myself yeah he split with me what he said was right (Yes i got the "its not you its me" speech) but it started running through my head did he cheat on me i mean he dumped me 2 days after i got back from my holiday you run through every possibility of why it happened... and it makes you react differently. I never did find out but its always in the back of my head did he.

* I'm babbling but it made sense in my head so i typed it and posted it*

I mean that might not make sense but women process stuff like that so much more differently to men.

I came to it in my head we might never find out, we know what TPTB are like with those important bits of information.