Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

^ I always make my own caps, but just from the scenes I like :cool:...I know that Lorelai always posts zip files with lots of caps from the eps in the CSI: NY Picture Thread

No, I think that when they finally sit down and talk about what is going on between them, they both need to be fully rested and it has to be in a 'neutral' place.

I have the feeling that they are already having some time apart. And maybe that's why Lindsay does not want to have that talk just yet...she wants to keep some distance for a while to have time to get her thoughts straightened out...And maybe she does suspect something and is postponing the talk because she's simply terrified of what she might hear.:(

She will probably be extremely hurt and angry when he tells her, but in the long run she should at least appreciate his honesty...it has happened and HE decided that it was a bad thing, it can never be changed, but it can be forgiven.:)

Well, that's a good thing...if they ever get back together again, there can not be anything in their way anymore; and Danny's guilt will always cast a shadow over their relationship, so therefor I do feel that he will tell her...someday :rolleyes:

PS - That's the right song! ;)

She did look like she was thinking about where to go...home or his place...I kinda liked it that we did not get to see what she finally did, and like I said, I think it was the wrong moment for their talk...

That's right...he needed to say goodbye to Rikki and Ruben one last time...let it really sink in that both of them were gone from his life, gather the happy memories and try to look to the future again...

I don't know about that...you can piss off friends just as much as you can piss off your girlfriend...But I do think that Flack suspects that there are stronger feelings between them..

Ooooh and now I'm nervous for you too :eek:...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh, and Liffy, where art thou?

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

I saw that too with Lindsay. She was trying to decide where to go.

I kinda wonder if they will surprise us with Danny and Lindsay waking up together in his apartment and then they will show us flashbacks to the talk....the confession.....the proclaim of love to Lindsay.....Lindsay smacking him as a way to say.....don't do that ever again and Danny carrying her to bedroom where they forever seal their love for each other.

I am staying here away from that moderator in the main CSI NY forums.

How can someone be so rude to say that Lindsay/Anna is a horrible actress. What ever happened to freedom of speech and being able to speak your mind.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  3. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Hey y'all! It's Sissi!
    Yeah yeah, you don't remember me. Oh well. :guffaw:

As much as I would have loved to see them talk and straighten all this out, I have to say no. Like someone mentioned earlier, if they were to talk it would have to be in a neutral place. After all, after it all got better, how would they be able to resist another night on the pool table? :lol:

But yeah, I do want to see them get through this. It's absolute torture for us to see them apart, and now that Danny wants to straighten this out lifts my spirits immensely.

4. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Ahhhh dutch, you and your pictures! This one proves that our couple have absolutely no concept of the term "personal space".

Well, we don't know if she did. TPTB decided to throw a TBC at us ;) anyways, despite just writing a oneshot where she did, I am going with no. I say that because it is too early. Lindsay still needs to sort out her feelings, and though the phone scene was very heartfelt (and well played by both Carmine and Anna) and said a lot, I think she would have been too upset to talk to him. They need a few days to work through things. If they talked when they were angry or anything like that, they might say or do something that they'll later regret. Once things calm down, they should talk.

Stuffers is curious...

Just a question regarding a spoiler for the next episode. Does anyone think the 'Montana' reference will still be in?

*hands out yummy, homemade chocolate chip cookies for her buddies*

ETA:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~dlshipper34 - It's a Montana Thing (spoilers for 4x19)

5. dutch_treat

^ I agree, things were way too emotional at that particular moment to have a talk...there were too many emotions on both sides to make it work, so I think Lindsay did the right thing by ending the call right then and there...It did get my hopes up that we might perhaps still get that talk this season instead of next...

Yes, the 'it's a Montana thing, you wouldn't understand' quote brought the fact that Danny hasn't called her that for some time back to our attention and I feel like it was put in there to give next week's scene more impact...Danny told her he misses her and she tells Hawkes she misses being called Montana and thus confirms in a way that she (although she is still denying him 'the talk') misses him too...

Oh and Liffy asked me to tell you that he's got some stuff to sort out, that he didn't drown in his own drool over wet Lindsay? And that he'll probably be back by next week at the latest :)

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Definitely. Besides the obvious reason, a girl walking alone- at night- in NYC should just go to a safe place instead of roaming.

But anyways, she still should have gone over to Danny's. I think she could put her mind at rest if she just talked to him and straightened everything out. It would have been good for both of them to have time to talk alone. But oh well, D/L's love is still strong, TPTB are just giving us a hard time by dragging their relationship problems out.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree with the ones who said that she shouldn't have gone to his apartment. They already had a little talk on the phone, they should take their time and some quiet for the next talk.

After changing the basketball thingy I was also wondering if they might change the Montana scene as well (or cut it). I think, it would fit, and personally I'd like to see it.

Yesterday I watched the DL scenes again (this time with enough sound to finally understand the whole conversations, not just pieces of them). For me, the talk on the phone was one of the sweetest scenes ever. I don't know why. Maybe because......I just loved it. :lol: They made a huge step into the right direction, and I'm glad to see that Danny really wants Lindsay back and that she maybe isn't ready yet, but still loves him. Awwwwwwwwww. This was what my fluffy shipper heart needed. :D

8. dutch_treat

I'm still not convinced that she should've gone to his place after their call...I kinda liked that she did talk to him on the phone and told him how she felt at that particular moment, but she still kept some distance between them and made sure that he understood why.:)

I do agree that she can and must not postpone their talk much longer. They BOTH need to confess what made them act like they did and to conclude why things went wrong between them in the first place...they do need some peace of mind.

Because of the Montana reference in their phonecall I think it will still be in it and now that they are changing so many things from the original spoilers I even have some glimmer of hope that perhaps she will not say it to Hawkes, but to Danny :cool: - Just like I always wished she would..

About Lindsay saying "It's a Montana thing" when she was walking in the rain, I've seen some reactions that it was a strange thing to say because you can walk in the rain everywhere...To me, her remark was more meant like 'It reminds me of Montana' in a melancholic way or something and that's why she added "You wouldn't understand" - thoughts?

9. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Is it possible that Hawkes could still be involved but rather she said she 'missed' being called Montana, not 'misses'?
    To me that's a little more of a positive way to look at the situation and rather him apologising for upsetting her it's more of a light hearted way of sharing that things are back on track? Oh she's getting fluffy - must be the weekend!

SMM in a wife beater and saying please? God Linds is a strong woman to resist - Good Girl! :lol:

I'm well aware what he did was wrong but did anyone else not just wanna give him a huge hug & tell him it'd all be ok when he was in his place alone? (Nice shot, Mr Director) He looked so lost. Bless.

I call for more WB Wednesdays! :devil:

10. audacity

audacity Pathologist

No, definitely not. I realize many people are like "OMG, how could she just not wanna go and jump his bones? Or spend time with him? After he said he was sorry." But adult relationships don't work like that. You can't just say your sorry and get over it that quickly. It's like putting a bandaid over a gunshot wound. Sorry, but that's life. :)

Lindsay needs time to heal; Danny needs time to heal. They both need time to figure out how they feel about one another and if this relationship is worth savaging. Running over to his apartment, and perhaps just getting into an argument, or maybe just 'falling into bed' together might make things worse.

Eventually they will have to communicate, or worse jump ship.

As far as Lindsay's comment about Danny not understanding her rain walk because it was a Montana thing, I took it as she was referring to herself---Montana. *Throwing her nickname out there* She wasn't referring to the state of Montana, but to herself---maybe she didn't feel that Danny could understand how she would want to just walk in the rain without an umbrella or without trying to seek shelter. All those things that country girl does seems to baffle Danny, so she probably thought this would too. Little did she know that he too likes rain walks. ie: Dove Commission.

Sometimes the rain has to fall baby. ;)

11. dutch_treat

Yeah, but she didn't know what he was wearing :p, she just had that goofy pic on her phone :lol:

Good point! I never thought she meant to say that it was something that is only done in Montana :rolleyes: She was either referring to the times in Montana when she was grieving over her friends, feeling down, needing to sort things out in her head - walking in the rain could've been her thing to deal with her emotions or (like you said) she could've simply meant 'this is what I do when I'm feeling like shit'.:(

In both cases his respons to "You wouldn't understand" with "Maybe I would. Maybe there's a lot of things that, that I understand now" seems more logical...

Let it rain down on me ;)

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  12. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

You know, I'm still not convinced that she doesn't know about Rikki. All my watch-when-I-can, non-obessed friends have just assumed that she does know what happened.

I will also say that, while I loved seeing Danny in a wife-beater, I think he might have managed to get her to talk to him if he had chose a more neutral setting or maybe went to her. To be honest, it kinda seemed to me that he was trying to seduce her more than talk to her. (I know I would have had trouble staying focused.) Perhaps that is where Danny is right now; trying to use sex/phyical intimacy as a replacement for true intimacy.

I think that, after that scene with Mac where Linds declares that getting involved with a co-worker was a big mistake, it is going to take a while before she is ready to try again. I just hope that all this built-up tension is leading somewhere. And I hope that somewhere doesn't include babies or sickbed professions of love. What would please me more than anything is two adults sitting down and setting things straight.

13. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

:cool::cool::cool: Well the sun is still out here in the UK and we got some good DL this week.... all is right in the world :thumbsup:

To be honest I was surprised with some reactions that I have seen to that comment . I took it that she was just saying that it was something that she did in Montana. Not implying that no one outside Montana would walk in the rain :confused: It reflected her mood and IMO added to the drama of their intense conversation. I thought that it was a nice touch for Danny to say that he understood a few things more about Montana. In a way, he seemed to agree on the issue that she raised in her "I've fallen in love with you....." speech - in that they had been through similar experiences.

No jumping ship allowed please :) But I agree that they have to communicate a lot better than they have been doing so far. And I think that this week's phone conversation was a great start..... as long he tells her about you know who.

But Lindsay's mention that she misses being called Montana seems to suggest that it may be while before that they are back to that comfortable level of communication. I am interested to see what Hawkes may say about her and Danny. It would be an opportunity for some clarification on their relationship from Lindsay.

I think they are doing more than giving us a hard time, I thought that they were torturing us for a while there :lol:

14. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I didn't expect her to go over (in fact, I didn't want her too) - hence the 'Good Girl' comment! :lol: She made me proud to be Team Lindsay although I'm mainly Team DL - she's showing off by resisting his pleas or should it be please? :p

The rain walk thing I think was just in relation to a culture - not a dig at him. As the rest of my Brit girls have said, in the UK, it's not uncommon. You get your thoughts & feelings together with your iPod or even silence during a thunderstorm.
    I'm feeling positive about this - perhaps it's because we've had pants weather in Scotland for the past few days but I'm still optimistic over possible sunshine! :lol:

The lovely Meg sends her love - she's struggling to get an internet connection at the moment and the iPhone isn't being as awesome as advertised! :p
    xx

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  15. Weapons_Tech

Weapons_Tech Victim

Hello Everybody

I'm new to these forums but I hope none of you mind a new member :)

I live in New Zealand and at the moment we have just started season 4 but i'm addicted to D/L so I have been watching the action on YouTube and I so hope they get back together but im not sure if I want Danny to tell Lindsay that he slept with Rikki :confused:

But I think I will go insane if they don't get back together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.