George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, Monica is 12 years younger than him. What gets me, is this is so typical. We already have one May/December romance with GSR, do we need another. Though Nick's would be a little more believable. I don't know, always saw Nick with someone closer in age and I still think they should have stuck with their original plan.

But Nicky does need someone in his life, darn, it should've been a Ward girl. :lol:

Oops, sorry Blackflag! Nothing against blondes. I have my red head moments let me tell ya.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

So what is an acceptable age gap for a Nick romance. And what do people consider and acceptable age gap period. There is a 5 year age gap between the hubby and me. He's the older by the way :) Sometimes the age gap is not a problem and other times it is. As George is starting to mature nicely was Monica too young for him which is why the break-up if rumours are to be believed. Was she wanting to start settling down when we all know George is still very much career orientated. She may have wanted someone younger than George in which case I feel sorry for George because damn that guy's a good catch. I wouldn't mind going for the rebound but I'm very happily married.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It's not the age gap that bothers me, what bothers me is it's so typical. Couldn't CSI have gone another way? There are a lot of beautiful talented actresses that are in their 30s and 40s, but nope they had to go with someone in their early 20s. I'm just saying, couldn't they have gone against typical Hollywood. Why I'm letting this get to me, beats me. It will never change.

Not to mention that I spelled "saw" wrong by putting "say". I'll have to fix that.

And as for George and Monica, I really don't care how much younger she was than him, as long as they're happy together that's all that matters.

Ok, I'm going to stop talking about this because I think I'm upsetting people. Not my intention.

4. Jacquie

Speedy You're not upsetting me by talking about this. I'm just putting my two cents worth in on the discussion. I do agree with you on the age of this actress if she is that young. pm me the info so I can get the scoop. I don't want to go through the spoiler thread and wreck everything for myself. Hollywood has a tendency to go for young thin people when there are plenty of older actresses out there. Tptb are trying to get the younger crowd to watch the show which annoys me to know end. I like the show the way it is.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Speedy, I get my threads mixed up! I posted about the age thing in one of the spoiler threads...I think just the regular Season 8 one. But I totally agree. This along with the Warrick thing...it's just depressing me. :(

I guess the one good thing is that they've really drawn us in and gotten us to care a LOT about this show and the characters to make us feel this passionately about some of these issues.

But I still think it all sucks!!!! [​IMG]

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm glad I wasn't upsetting you and I agree with what you said and since you can't be George's rebound, I'll be more than happy to do it and give you all the details! ;) :lol:

7. Smokey

It just annoys ME that they think this is what the character would do, and it's not. I mean, at least not the way I've come to know him, and I think all of us here know him pretty well.

Like I said, I hope it's done well, but just the thought
    of Nick hitting on a 23 year old waitress
    screams lack of respect for the character to me. [​IMG]

8. Jacquie

Until we get it from the horse's mouth, read GE :), we won't know what is going on with Nick. Maybe this was a compromise for GE so he could get some other things for Nick or even himself. He's commented before that he would like to be more involved with the show and if this is what happens...... who knows?

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You said it Smokey. It just isn't Nick. I wonder if George had anything to say about it. Oh, love your smiley.

But what Jacquie said makes sense too. It will be interesting what he has to say about it.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm fundamentally ticked about this spoiler because I'm tired of this old man/young woman relationship they beat us over the head with for over 7 years with Grissom and Sara and now Nick. It's gonna be the end of that character as we know.

A lot of these relationship dont' work out (and I know it didn't for me) because you're at way different stages of your life.

So I don't think I'll be watching CSI anymore.

11. Smokey

Now that's an interview I'd be interested in, but it ain't gonna happen. Just a feeling. Because I doubt if anyone will even bat an eye at it, except us fanatics, of course. ;)

I'd like to hear it if there is some reasoning behind it besides the obvious. It would be great if there was...gosh, I don't know...maybe a really original storyline?! [​IMG]

I'm in quite the mood today, eh? :p

12. Jacquie

Is this what happens when you have to go and do you civic duty and vote :) if this is the case I hate to see what you'll be like in November. Hide the computer from Smokey :guffaw:

I think all these comments are valid because I think we know Nick better than tptb. I said I think we know remember :) You go back over time and look what fans of the original Star Trek did back in the good old days without computers. Will tptb listen to us fans...who knows but I'm sure that tptb are aware of what is said on the boards.

13. Smokey

Hee hee...no, I'm not in a mood over the election, tho I probably will be before the night is over!!

I'm sure tbtb are listening to *some* fans, just not us, otherwise we never would have had to suffer through all the stuff I'm not going to say because you know what I mean and I don't want to offend anyone.

Oh hell, GSR! There! I said it! :lol:

14. Jacquie

I don't think you will offend anyone here by making the GSR comment. I for one was very glad that ended.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I watch two and a half men, I did miss George then I went back again to see him, it was about 10 second, he was talk to the girl and he was in the background and talk to the men. I went to the tvguide.com, guess what they gave two and a half men, 'Jeers' and I disagree with them. I don't know about you and what your opinion about the show last night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.