Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

^ I have put the link up in the 'spoiler thread(s)' too...have credited of course

Yeah, I would have been totally pissed if he had tried to be all friendly again and not telling her why he has been behaving so odd (big understatement, I know) lately...So at this moment we are still at the point where 'it is hard'...I do wonder if D/L are still going to work on this case together AND if Rikki is still going to be in this episode; perhaps we do get 'the talk' and is that is why she's there (still going with the flash back idea)

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I still think we'll get a Rikki scene somehow. But, this could now play out in so many ways. We could have revelation through flashback, Danny and Rikki interaction, Danny and Flack interaction or even a direct D/L interaction. All we've had since the whole revelation has been one awkward moment where Danny was obviously trying to reconnect in some way but that she was finding it too hard. I'm just intrigued as to what Danny has said to her. If he hasn't told her about Rikki then I wonder how he dealt with the whole 'i've fallen in love with you' thing. I'm assuming they've had to have had some sort of talk, unless of course Lindsay refused.

3. dutch_treat

I still don't know if he was trying to reconnect or if they both were just caught up in the moment (laughing because they could both quote from the same movie) and he let his invitation slip, before -she first than he- they suddenly realized that thing were not the same between them anymore as they had been 'till recently...:(

I do hope that the title (again) has a double meaning and that it could mean that Danny realizes that what happened between him and Rikki was wrong...her farewell to CSI:NY will be the only thing I would like her to be there for tomorrow night...

I will now not even rule out that they will use the possibility of Lindsay being in danger to finally have Danny snap out of it completely :cool:

4. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Oh My God! I can see it now, Lindsay heads over to SMM - and by god he looked damn fine in that clip (I'm still pissed at him) and discovers him having an all too revealing conversation with Lady V (I still have her heading away in my rant) and catches on that the scumbag moron (still sexy) cheated(?) on her, she runs out gets soaked and kidnapped by the cab killer and the tvcom or whatever guy and the girl at E! have been winding us up and it's all a huge disaster! Screw Season 5 - I may have to ship Flack/Monroe and feed Messer to Sassone!

I don't really mean that last bit, I still hold some hopes for nakie SMM minus Lady V of course!

Sorry bout that, ask me again in half an hour and I can prob be a bit brighter. Till then, Dutch! I would like something strong and pretty in a fancy glass. :lol:

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I think i'm still a babbling mess after that spoiler tho pleasantly surprised.

Awkward moments are hard i have experienced it kind of its like you know its not perfect timing or its not how it was planned but you almost give in and make the allowances to make it better

Was it only me who was actually pleasantly happy they have changed it i mean as much as i seriously would have loved to see DL interact at the game would have been priceless given the timing and everything its quite nice TPTB have abviously recognised it.

I mean this could mean now Lindsay is in danger. But it also means the RIkki thing is totally different cos i kind of thought it would lead in from the game. I'm guessing she will come in as the second CSI.

think tho i'm babbling crap cos my two boys looked soo sexy

6. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

The video is making my head hurt from all the dang confusion...WHY WRITERS WHY?! I want to be able to enjoy the show in peace and doing this is NOT helping. Although I am happy with the outcome of that video.

*le sigh* Now I am going to bang my head on my desk...:p

7. dutch_treat

Here you go Peaches [​IMG]

I still hope very, very much that Lindsay and Rikki never meet...someone suggested a while back that Lindsay getting in the cab could be a cliff hanger, so this could happen at the end of tomorrow's ep: Danny says goodbye to Rikki and then meets with Lindsay and confesses everything...Lindsay leaves (she has to think about what he told her) quite upset and then gets in the cab...Aaarghh

Nope, you were not the only one...once I realized earlier this evening that not that much time could've passed I think this is actually more believable...but if Lindsay's comes in as the 2nd CSI it will be awkward watching them work togehter

8. Little_Peaches

Why thank you, Dearie.

Ok I'm calmer!
    Ok, I like SMM & Flack at the game and not just cos the two were looking so pretty sexy. I don't know how Lady V is coming in but I'm not thinking Linds is getting abducted just yet. It's possible if she is coming in as second CSI, she gets paged as she's heading home - oh look, it's raining, and she changes her mind about subway and grabs a cab. When she arrives she gets an ass kicking for taking cabs whilst a killer is on the loose driving one :rolleyes:

On a tangent - Reed getting kidnapped is just as messed as Linds, no doubt Mac would have warned him - as we know he's the boy with insider knowledge, to avoid the cabs at all costs.

It's all just messing with my confuzzled head already! I'm going back to that clip to do some serious perving now.... :lol:

9. JellyBelly

I think the whole ass-kicking re. Lindsay even contemplating getting in a cab is quite believable. I think she either will get in a cab or get caught attempting to get in a cab, she'll be okay and then get said ass-kicking from someone. It doesn't have to be Danny but if it is it will potentially give us a decent 'airing' scene where;

Danny: "What tha hell are ya thinking Lindsay?"
    Lindsay: "What the hell has it got to do with you, jerk?" :lol:

Ooh, I kinda like that idea. I really hope we're not going to see Lindsay upset. I want her mad. We haven't really seen that yet.

Well, I think Reed getting in the cab is more believable than Lindsay. He's young and enthusiastic, which will likely make him a little foolish. Lindsay on the other hand really should know better.

10. Little_Peaches

Happy Wife Beater Day!!! Meg, stop giggling! Erm, Happy Hump Day! (Am I the first?)

Well, she should but at the same time, she's abandoned evidence.... God the effect that man has on people. I said it myself a few weeks before this disaster, I don't know how she copes with working with him and not stripping every shred of clothing off his body....

Dear God, that was digressing beyond belief, I apologise people but it feels nice and warm in the gutter!

Yeah, I'd love to see Linds go off on one at him. Mad is infinately better than upset - it also shows moving on from traumatising events ;) SMM - take notes

11. JellyBelly

In terms of the 'knowing better' I guess I find myself going back to the rock and a hard place theory if she does get into a cab. Would you stay by a closed subway station in the middle of the night where it may well be relatively deserted or do you get into a cab and take your chances? Personally I'd take the hide and phone a friend option, but maybe she really doesn't feel she has anyone to call at the moment bearing in mind she feels like she lost her best friend.

As for the gutter, I'm with ya. I've gotta say I feel a little worked up having seen Danny and Flack off the clock. And lordy, how Linds manages to control herself around him [them] is perplexing to me. :)

12. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

I knew it! I just knew the writers were going to try to surprise us and boy howdy did they ever! I have mixed emotions on the change. I think that the light, teasing banter made L look bad given LWFC. At the same time, I really liked that it was clear that Danny had bought the tickets and I like to imagine that he had done a lot persuading to get her there. I am also uncertain about every thing again. I am guessing that the original spoilers were pulled from a script, so I think (hope) that the info. from K&A is more accurate since they reference actually talking to a writer. I just wonder when the change was made. I go back to the poster who said the show was filming at their school. They said:
    1. Admissions and Personal Foul were being filmed simultaneously.
    2. There would be tension between D&L over Rikki.
    3. They thought D & Rikki would make a "fresh start"
    4. There would be a double cliffhanger
    All of this seems to me to fit more with the promo and with the general tone of LWFC.

I think L might see D and R together. It might be misinterpreted or it might be ... really bad. She and Danny have words (remember the tension could be in either ep if they were filming both at the same time). She then runs out and gets into/ seriously thinks about getting into a cab. I've always discounted the idea that she might be kidnapped because of the Hawkes "Montana" spoiler for the next ep, but obviously those spoilers can be questioned and it could be a flashback. I don't like any of this because I don't want Danny to want L back because he feels guilty.

I dunno, I am being to wonder if we will have any clarity with this ep either.

I really like NY independently of D&L, but I am just feeling very toyed with right now.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

*Liffy pops by after a warm day spent mainly by the poolside to face the music* :D First of all, Happy HUMP DAY! It's been a while since I've actually announced that, but oh well. Times were bad and my inner fluff really wasn't all into it.

Well, I have to admit that when I saw the clip (thanks for the PM dutch ;)), my heart sank that once again the writers were playing with us, and yet another DL spoiler thrown away. I really wanted to see them okay and and be happy and banter - and just do all the things they used to do. About...20 minutes later, that heart sinking was lifted as my realistic side woke up and began to kick in.

In all honesty, I'm pretty glad they changed it. I can't really see between the angst we got in 4x17 and the angst we may be getting in 4x20 how a completely fluffy scene would fit into the flow of things (are the writers really working on flow now? I'm simply gobsmacked!).

Despite the fact that we didn't get the basketball game, I'm still holding out on a DL scene later in the episode, and if not, at least a Danny/Rikki scene which talks about DL in a way. What's been happening and what's going to happen next. Having Danny admit his feelings would be nice too. (How awesome would it be if we get Danny admitting he wished he could have taken Lindsay to the game? :p)

I'm slightly disappointed that once again, I got my hopes up (if this continues, my brain might just block out CSI:NY completely by the end of the season). I wish we had never gotten the spoiler in the first place, even though it's served as some kind of shining beacon (somewhat) for the last few days. Having that taken away makes me realise that maybe the writers really are going to try and make their transition between the angst and awkwardness to a glimmer of what DL used to be as realistic as they can.

Although I wonder if the spoilers Kristen and Ausiello gave us still stands, I'm going to keep hope that they know more than we do, and that we will get a good resolution by the end of the season. My one concern is that they may lump it all on the finale, which, if done right would be okay. It's just the possibility of those scenes giving us yet more unanswered questions, and at this point, I think the best move the writers could make is to tie up the lose ends of this storyline. We need to know, not guess, what's happening, and if they intend on keeping the storyline as rich as it is (soapy yes, heart breaking, insulting...blah, but definitely not boring - that you have to admit), they need to round it off strong.

If we indeed see Rikki's departure in tonight's episode, then I hope the writers use the opportunity to fill in the plot holes we've gotten so far (as in, what happened between RND and now?) and use the later DL scenes for the transition. I don't think it would be wise for DL to move forward without everything being explained. The guessing game seriously has to stop. Seriously.

We've been put through the ringer with this storyline, but we'll come out stronger than ever (and seriously, it's going to take much much more for my heart to drop to the ground again).

Now this makes me wonder; if the writers do have DL possibly reconnecting in the finale, as in they do agree to start over and put the past behind them, where do you think they will be when Season 5 starts? Will they do a Flack (where he's miraculously healed, and so DL is already on the road to being a happy couple) or will they do a Danny (getting better, but he still has to squeeze the squish ball)?

Your thoughts? (And yes, I said squish ball - stop laughing!) :p
    Peaches, we rock - you and I already knew that, and we've been rocking it from the get go. :)

I don't think reconnect would be the right word for that scene. To me, he was kind of like testing the waters to really see where they are beyond the words. If they had already talked about everything, maybe he doesn't believe that they can just not have anything between them and that was some kind of attempt at proving they still have, and always will have something between them. Much to his dismay, Lindsay won't allow him to take advantage of her again, if he wants her back, he needs to stop treating HER like a doormat.

Nah, I'd prefer a small kiss and then a hug as Lindsay buries her face in his chest because they can't meet each other's eyes yet. Hug, hug, hug continues and Danny kisses her forehead, Lindsay looks up and they share a hesitant smile. They go back to hugging, the scene ends, and I get Lindsay in a miniskirt.

Wait, that last part was part of my daydream, ignore that.

That's likely, which is why I think the writers would do best to plod along slowly, until we get some kind of ultimatum in 4x20 (which is called Taxi, so assuming that's when the arc ends) so that some time can pass between that and 4x21, which is a stand-alone episode for the season (as are the other finales). Maybe we can get Danny and Lindsay some kind of firm footing as to where they are by 4x20, and we can see them possibly re-embarking on a more well thought out relationship together by 4x21. We might just go CANON again by the end of the season. Seriously...are the writers going to make us go up and down every dang season and make us go CANON 28 times? :lol:

I still believe that the lack of DL spoilers for the finale is due to the fact that they have no scenes with any of the guest starts (which is where the sides come from). That means if we are going to get a scene, chances are they're alone - which is good since they really need to have a scene alone without work yelling after them, and that the case itself, with Mac being held hostage, is still going to need a breather for dramatic effect (like them cutting to the DL scene when Danny's just been socked in the head in SD). So here's hoping for a good scene in the finale!

I really want this season over. Seriously. :cool:

14. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

Everyone I read the previews on my TV last night and she isn't even put into the small little caption about the episode.

I sense her short part will be something to make us smile......maybe she's telling Danny what happened shouldn't have happened and you deserve to be with Lindsay. I guess we have to just wait and see tonight.

15. JellyBelly

God, I hope not. Quite honestly, if Danny were to be with Lindsay because someone else told him he should be/deserved to be then I'd scream. Quite frankly Lindsay deserves way better than that, as does anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.