Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

^ *stuffs Liffy with cookies to prevent him from jinxing S05 even more* :p

Well, I know one thing for sure...if Barney does make an appearance it's probably another one of Danny's visions :guffaw:...he truly is mixed up at the moment and all those fumes in the lab cannot be healthy either..."Danny, how about that talk you promised me?" - "Not now Lindsay, can't you see I'm trying to catch a purple dinosaur" :wtf:

I like that idea very much; :) not another awkward D/L talk, but Danny telling someone else about his feelings and what he has talked about with both Rikki and Lindsay...Maybe Danny and Flack could do a guys night out again and this conversation accompanied by some flash backs is used to clarify things for us :cool:

I've tried to explain this odd behaviour with the excuse that Ruben's death was probably the thing that finally pushed him over the edge...there's only so much one person can take and after Aiden's murder and Louie's accident this death (and the fact the he feels guilty about it :() finally broke him completely.

Yup, I have some friends who know I'm crazy about this show and this pairing, but they only watch it whenever they happen to come across it :brickwall:...so they've only seen a couple of D/L eps and notice those scenes because I do talk about it, but they don't watch enough to form an unbiased opinion...anymore (probably my fault :rolleyes:)

2. audacity

audacity Pathologist

I'd love for him to talk about that one. That way we wouldn't be left guessing why Ruben's death affected him more so than Louie nearly losing his life for him. Things might make sense would be greatly appreciated, but we'll see if that will actually happen. I'd also love for him to confront Lindsay as to way she did a complete 180 after the trial. Nothing makes sense with love, does it? :scream:

Easy solutions and quick fixes to their relationship would be shallow and insincere. Now, shallow is fun, but it doesn't help characters in the long run. I'd like to see a natural progression on the road to forgiveness.

3. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

So, what are your theories on how these basketball spoilers work with that promo? And the Hawkes "Montana" spoiler for ep 20? I know I'm probably the only one that is bummed them, but I am. If they were pre RND or if they had any kind of continuity with the previous episodes, I'd be all over them. They sound so cute! But given the circumstances, I am afraid they are just going to rile up the haters on both sides. I can hear them already:rolleyes:. I just hope TPTB make real good use of flashbacks!

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think I've become obsessed with the cast lists. After having gone on and on about Rikki being on screen for only a brief moment, basing said theory on my belief that cast lists are in order of appearance AND screen time, I now think I might have been wrong. I've just done a very brief (and very sad) analysis of previous cast lists and I think they're based on order of appearance only. It's interesting that she seems to appear at the end of the episode, but it seems to be before we get to see plus sized Paula (the pre-diet/surgery version of the cheerleader who seems to be a suspect in the basketball case). Now, bearing in mind both Danny and Lindsay are working the case together I'd imagine the appearance of PSP will be during an interview/interrogation of regular sized Paula during which she has a flashback while explaining her role in the case. As Rikki appears before the case concludes and it's the case both D/L are working on then it seems unlikely that she appears in Danny's apartment. That makes me think she either appears in a flashback or she turns up at the lab.

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

For some reason I can see Danny saying that when he's looking for their baby's misplaced stuffed Barney. :lol:

Err...I don't think that would be the kind of things they'd want to talk about, unless Flack really wants to help Danny get himself straight. Otherwise, I don't think a talk like that would ever happen. Guys don't exactly...do that. If you get what I mean. :p

Again, I would love to have things like that sorted out, but I doubt it would happen. But hey, maybe the writers will surprise us again? And in a good way this time...only time will tell.

And love's the only reason DL would pull through. Face it, if Lindsay didn't love Danny, she'd give him up in a heartbeat for what he did to her, and if Danny didn't care about Lindsay, well, why on earth would he be asking for time alone for no good reason when he can do that with someone else with no strings attached? Love's like really messy glue... :)

Well...because of the fact that the last scene we had was a bad one DL wise, and now they're suddenly friendly and betting, and going out together, I would say...ALOT of time has passed between the episodes. Realistically that is. So I really hope we'll get concrete scenes in the form of a flashback; maybe Danny and Rikki working out their differences and going their seperate ways, and maybe even a 2 second shot of DL talking too.

I guess we can assume DL are trying to make it work as friends for the moment, and maybe their relationship can progress in one of the later episodes. Or something like that... *shrugs*

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: Sorry, but that's just totally cute! :lol:

I'd like to see them being friends first before they go back to having a relationship again. I'm not sure, but I think because the finale might be mostly Mac centric, I don't see much time for any DL. So we have only two more epis this season. I really hope they don't rush and make them get over their problems and get together again in such a short time (especially because 4.20 is also mainly about the cabbie killer, and Reed in danger. When I read comments about this season before it aired, I had much hopes for much great DL scenes. Now I hope we'll get them in season 5. I think, after this season we really deserve something nice, even if it's just bantering and flirting.

OT: What the hell is going on with my keyboard? It's totally freaking out, my 'quick reply' is jumping up and down whenever I push the space bar........

I wish they'd bring on the Louie topic again. I want to know what happened to him.

7. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

I wanted them to take things slow too, but the fact that the spoilers indicate that Danny bought the expensive playoff tickets seems to signify a bit more than casual friendship IMO. I mean if it were "Hey my bud Joe had some extra tickets and would ya like to go with me Linds, since ya like sports and all" it would seem casual. But it seems to indicate that he put some effort into getting them to this game. Not to mention persuading her to go from "This is hard!" to "Wanna bet?".

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  8. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

OIY people Danny and Lindsay are not over. The writers wouldn't do that to us.....I think when they said we won't be disappointed and we will be happy they are gonna bring them back together and stronger in love than before.

9. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

I somewhat think it will start off as friend but something is gonna happen to Lindsay this going to wake them both up to the fact that they love each other.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Well, the thing is...I hope they are over. At least for now so they can get a chance to start again. I really hope that they're not just going to just sweep all that's happened between them under the rug and pretend that everything is a-ok.

At the very least, if the writers are going to fast forward until such a time where they are more comfortable with each other, then I need something that's going to prove that. Having them suddenly okay when the last time we saw them was Lindsay walking out on Danny just doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't really care if the writers bring DL together again this season or not, but I do want them to start treating DL with a little more care and make it more realistic. Unless we really see that some time has passed between their last encounter, the smallest amount of fluff is unrealistic. FFW time is fine, as long as it's obvious that they did it. The only thing I'm afraid of is that TPTB isn't good with that. Moving forward and leaving us to fill in the blanks isn't going to go over well with anyone. So I hope they thought it through - many, many times.

After RND, the last thing I want is for them to suddenly be happy again. I love DL, everyone knows that, but not when they're going to be treated like idiots who'll so easily be happy again just after Danny sleeps with someone else. No, there should be awkwardness (thank goodness we got that), but we also need to see the transition if they're going to start being together again. The gap is too wide for one leap.

11. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Don't quote me on this but I am sure the 'disappointed' quote was part of the answer where they confirmed it was over for Danny and lindsay ..... was that from Kirsten or Aussie (I can never remember his name?).. can anyone help me out here? I cannot find the exact details at the moment.
    And as for the writers, I would not have believed that they would have written Danny to sleep with Rikki so nothing is outside the realms of possibility unfortunately :scream:

I think that I have to agree with you Liffy. As much as I love this ship, and as much as I love a fluffy ever after :lol: , I like Lindsay too much for her to just forgive him in a heartbeat. And I would love to see Danny show her how he feels and prove that he is still the man that flew across the country for her (squeeee!!!). Here is hoping for a shipalicious Season 5!!!

I am just a bit disappointed with how the writers have treated Danny and lindsay this season. Ater Season 3 with SooH and SD, we get nothing about their relationship..... until Rikki :scream: and even then it is not confirmed. It is as if they wrote a memo titled "How to tormet a DL shipper" for this season :lol: It sure worked on me.

12. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

She didn't confirm it was over at all. The question posed was 'are D/L really over?' She said 'yes' then paused before going onto saying 'there is tension . . . but, blah, blah'. I didn't take her 'yes' as confirmation that D/L were over, more that it was a yes, there is tension but it will be okay in the end. I think she was teasing a little in her choice of words and little pauses but the general gist was that it'd be okay in the end. As for Ausiello, he said that D/L fans would be quite pleased by the end of this season.

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I've kind of felt this season like it got past teh writers strike and suddenly they went "ahh crap we've forgotton DL" and then kind of mushed it all in (yes i did just use the word mushed... wierd) to give us our quota but didnt really think anyone would delve into it.

I mean heres prayin its going to be good next episode and we get something. I'd be happy with friendship if they were going to go back almost ot season 2 but if they g on normally there has to be a pretty good excuse.
    I'd be happy if it wasn't in the finale as much as i would be happy if it was (god i'm making no sense) because it would just be repeating SD and assuming if they give us it in the finale thats all they have to do.

14. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

right now Im in a mood where I say whatever happen I just want to know. no guessing, no interpreting of glances and smiles, no filling in of blanks. but a straight forward answer.

I like the idea that they are not together and both are trying to figure out what they feel, what they want and how they want to continue with their relationship.

and I really hope that the writers dont think that after what they did to our ship - and Danny especially, everything is going to be good with a kiss in the finale. that would be cheap and would seriously piss me off

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Exactly, I love DL but I also love Danny and Lindsay as individuals. Yes, Danny being a complete idiot is somewhat "real" since he is pretty messed up sometimes and things like that does happen in real life. The only thing that annoys me with the writers choosing to go down this road is that DL simply does not get enough screen time to properly resolve the situation in a believable manner. There are going to be gaps where there shouldn't be (i.e. the leap between "let's talk" and "this is hard", we should have gotten something more concrete as to whether he's told her or not, what's happening with Rikki etc.), and cutting down in episodes because of the strike isn't helping much either.

I guess the most the writers can do now is FFD and use flashbacks to fill in the gaping potholes. But even that's uncertain. :rolleyes:

I would hate to think that DL can be together so easily again. We've gotten the awkwardness between them in 4x17, okay but now we need to build on that and show they are working it out, and maybe they'll be together together again in time.
    How shallow do they think we are? :confused: Yeah, we come up with the most preposterous scenarios (okay, me especially) but that doesn't mean I actually want them to come true! I'd like DL to be realistic, and up to SD, despite the irritations of Lindsay's actions, it has been pretty realistic if you account for what's happening at the same time. Danny doing a 180 isn't fun, and there's that annoying chance that he'll do another 180 and everything's fine again. I don't want everything to suddenly be fine again. I want them to sit down, work it out and go from there.

Well it depends what they do with DL. If it's a small scene, and they both have their clothes on, I wouldn't really mind if we get another milestone finale (and besides we need some kind of distraction from the case anyway - they always have that). Having them start again in the finale would end the season on a better note than what they've been playing lately, and would give me an actual reason to look forward to season 5.
    And hopefully the upcoming "date" is nothing more than Danny trying to spend more time with Lindsay to show her that he does care on some level, and he does want something more without crossing the friend-line. Lindsay's probably trying to bring back the easiness that they once had too, hopefully the later scenes will bring more confirmation instead of confusion.
    The writers really do need to clear things up for everyone. I'm just seriously tired of guessing in between the scenes.
    I wouldn't mind a kiss in the finale, if the context is right. If we do get something to suggest that they're going to start again and try to do it right this time, then a simple kiss (not a make-out scene) would be pretty nice.

But if they're randomly going to start making out, then I won't be a happy camper - I think :wtf:

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.