Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Yes, that's what I want, too. We had to speculate an entire season, and we still have no real answers. I finally want to know what's going on. I just want to know: are they together or not? Were they together before or not? I can't believe that this is so difficult to answer!

Yes. I don't need them to show me all this on screen, as long as we know that they're working on their relationship. And yes, I want to know it, not just assume they're doing it. Of course my fluffy shipper heart would love to have them be happy. But I can also read fluffy fics for that, or write them. On screen I want them work on their problems, to have a stable relationship. And please, no guessing anymore. It's driving me crazy!

2. HillHarperHOT

HillHarperHOT Prime Suspect

I'm with you guys. They don't have to show me the talk on screen, but let me know they talked.

If I never know if they talked then for their future relationship, if any, I would always wonder whether she knows or if they will bring it up later, etc.

Plus, I am very fluffy and need as little angst as possible, so that we can get to the fluffy part.

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, some angst is good. And I so want them to talk. To finally figure out what they want. They can't just go on, or break up or be friends without even talking once. And they also can't do that to us. I mean, I know, we shipper aren't the major part of the viewers. But there are so many people who love DL and want to know what'll happen next, and what's going on between them. They spent time for giving us the cheating scene, I think it's just fair to now give us 1) a talk to clarify everything and 2) after they worked out their problems at least one nice scene (just a tiny bit fluff, please).

4. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Yeah, I think the reason this thread has been so slow lately is that we have nothing else to say. All the theories have been posed, and I still think the writers are going to try to surprise us. I can't wait till tomorrow!

5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I agree with what you guys are saying but frankly I am getting sick of all the angst. That is why I am fine with fluffy moments and everything. I mean, I don't want it to be all rainbows and butterflies but is it too much to ask for some happiness? :D

Here is to an amazing episode tomorrow!

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, so many interesting questions to answer!

Btw, at the moment (to not totally freak out about all the drama), I often watch old epis. I really wish I had started watching the show with Zoo York. Because when I finally saw this epi, I already knew what'd happen later. But even though I knew about DL, I still love watching this very 'first' epi. It always makes me grin, especially when I think about what happened later......... (SD, lets just ignore what else happened). When I watch the old epis with only focusing on DL, I always feel like I'm watching a movie. It's so nice to see how their relationship is build up. First the scene in the zoo. The tension is there, since the first minute. After a while, they become really good friends. But being friends isn't enough and after a while they notice that they have more feeling for each other (they have, I won't change my opinion. never.). There is some angst, but after this very sweet scene in SOOH, they end up together on the pool table. And we know they both were glad that it happened. Awwwwwww, when I just write about this, I'm already squeeing! For me, it's like the perfect movie. It's not overdone, I'd say it was realistic, and it was wonderful to watch.

Sorry for this suddenly topic change, but I just was in the mood to say that. :D

7. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think the only way to find resolution (short of them breaking up in a spectacular way and one of them leaving the show, which isn't going to happen) is for them to get to a point where they can freely admit that they've both made mistakes in their relationship. That's the only way forward. The fluffy part of me will be disappointed if they do decide to call it quits and we've not actually had any real fluffiness all season, but, that is far outweighed by the part of me that will find any quick and attempt at painless resolution that just isn't believable.

Yes, the romantic in me would like a kiss or other such fluffyness but I'm just not sure how that would work. I guess it really does depend on how much time has passed and how much honestly is between them. :)

Oooh, 50 posts! Does that mean I'm off of probation?

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Sorry that I've been mia...been quite busy :cool:

I agree; a bit of shallowness is fun in a comedy or in a soap, but this still is a crime show - it's just a crime show where they are trying to give us a little more insight into the lifes of the characters, how their personal relationships with each other and others influences their jobs and the decisions they make...and to keep that realistic they do have to really try (and in some cases try a lot harder :rolleyes:) to not scamp or totally forget about the story lines they come up with. I'm sure no one would mind waiting a bit for D/L to get back together again if we can go without the rather unbelievable leaps we are now fearing :scream:

Well, the spoilers are not giving away the details for everything that happens in the ep; so perhaps the guest stars are in order of appearance :), but that could still mean that Rikki is in some kind of flash back towards the end of the ep, then there is the conclusion of the case perhaps followed by another D/L moment we know nothing about yet (?) :)

Flack was, however, the one who was with Danny and Rikki in that alley and knows about what has happened with Danny's gun and all, so perhaps he could just ask Danny how Rikki is and the talk progresses from there :)...*shrugs* they are good friends and that could be something they writers can use...

That it was...the whole built-up over two seasons between them was sweet and believable...and it still is IF they keep up that same pace...:cool:

I don't think it's that slow...we are already at page 9 after just 3,5 weeks and I noticed that again we passed the 10,000 views count very quickly.

Congrats! Since we've changed boards, I don't know if you already get extra options at 50 posts or if that's still at 100?

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  9. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

That is exactly how I feel about the situation. As we have stated OVER and OVER again, communication is the key here. But I don't think that we will get to see that. I think that we are just to assume that everything is peachy keen and move on from that. Which will make me quite angry but there is really nothing that I can do about it. Blegh...

Jelly, yay! now that is probation is over for you, how are you going to celebrate? :lol:

10. JellyBelly

Thank you. Well, the message at the top of the page says it's supposed to disappear when I've been a member for more than two weeks AND have made 50 posts. I've done both but the message is still there, darn it!!:)

Thank you. I'm going to celebrate by eating an entire tub of B&J's Strawberry Cheesecake and wash it down with a delightfully fruity glass of something cool and crisp. Ya want some? :)

Edit: Ooh, apparently I needed to make 51 posts because the message has now disappeared. Off to explore.

11. dutch_treat

^ [​IMG] *cheers*

It'll probably change after 50 posts...and since that was your 50th you will now be able to send and receive PM's too...

---

Something completely different that just struck me about the time that passes between the eps in relation to the D/L situation...Unfortunately I don't think that much time has passed, the cab killer was there in LWFM ("this is hard") and after that he has just made one (?) more victim so I think that there's just a short timespan between the current eps
    We know that the cab killer is there again tomorrow, so I really hope that after the 'date' we DO get some explanation about D/L, since apparantly it has not been that long since Lindsay couldn't even watch a movie with Danny and the basketball game
    ...Didn't Mac, in last week's ep, not say something about how long they were already on that case?

---

[​IMG]

12. JellyBelly

Oh my, I've just seen a clip on Tv.com and I'm speachless! Will post the detail behind a cut.

Lindsay is not at the game. As I've seen many people speculate over the past few days they've completely changed it. Danny is there with Flack. On one hand I'm relieved, it gives me hope that they might be handling this right. On the other hand I'm disappointed we won't get the anticipated D/L banter. It also makes me really, really nervous about Lindsay and what might happen. If they've changed this then who's to say they won't change the 'Reed being in danger' to Lindsay being in danger as per the promo? Oooh, am intrigued now.

13. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Doop de doo, Cosmos for everyone!! - reason to feel smug? Check the views baby! Doesn't this top the previous thread? (ratio to posts/number of weeks active vs views?) No one with me here? Guess I'm dancing by myself.... :lol:

Congrats Jelly! I felt so happy when I got my first PM!

I don't want fluffy ever after but I want something! I'll accept a make out scene if they can do it properly. You know slight awkwardness afterwards, but sneaking glances back at one another and smiling. That's acceptable, right? :lol:

*runs back to the kitchen*

14. dutch_treat

^^ Jelly txs for pointing that out...if anyone wants to see that clip it can be found here spoiler!

On one hand I'm a bit dissappointed that we probably won't get a fluffy D/L scene, but after what I posted earlier about the time-line being too short between the 'not watching a movie together' and going on a 'date' is does feel more natural this way...they need to slowly and believably try to patch things up again...and now that the original spoilers have obviously changed that much...I wouldn't even put it past them to have Lindsay in danger instead of Reed...I'm pretty intrigued now too...all we thought about tomorrow is suddenly changed...I do hope there still is some truth in what both Ausiello and Kristen have said *bites nails*

15. JellyBelly

Tis a pleasure, imagine my surprise when I came across it completely by accident. :eek:

It's got me all hyped for the epi now which I guess is what tptb want. There have been so many changes in terms of D/L spoilers that my head is spinning a little and I've been lulled out of the security we were teased with by A & K. Not saying we won't still be pleased but lordy the one bit of hope I had was that Lindsay already knew about Rikki and they were trying to fix things. Now I'm thinking, what with the title and all that maybe, just maybe she doesn't know and the whole 'Personal Foul' thing will be so pertinent (because honestly if Danny had taken her out without her knowing I'd have been pissed at him).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.