Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

The info from Kirsten (or is it Kristen???):confused: was along the lines of 'a writer from the show said . . . you won't be disappointed'. That, to me says she had information or a statement that wasn't related directly to any spoilers or her interpretation of them, but came from a direct response to the question of what will happen between D/L in the future. :)

2. JellyBelly

This is in response to the question about my earlier (yesterday) post re. ep 19, I hope it clears up the confusion.

I recall reading a spoiler about a girl at the basketball game who had once been overweight and been heckled by the guy who turns up dead in ep 19. It seems she is no longer overweight and in the cast list for ep 19 there are two Paula's, one of which is described as plus size Paula. My point was that if the cast lists go in order of screen time (which some people believe to be the case, although others believe it's just order of appearance) then Rikki will have the least amount of screentime of all the guest actors. That being the case plus size Paula will have more screentime than Rikki but the only way PSP can appear is in some sort of flashback because PSP no longer exists in the present time because she's now minus size Paula (or whatever!). If the cast list is just in order of appearance then my point is totally and utterly irrelevant :lol:

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

It appears to be Kristin (googled ;))

Yeah, but even when it was something a writer from the show said, that still is no guarantee that the scenes will make it to the actual episodes...the so called 'spoilers' are actually copies of script pages, so that's something which was already written down and still a lot of what has been in those scripts D/L wise, we never got to see...I just hope that (like they did with the 'perfect heart', etc. stuff) they didn't second guess what they initially planned...sorry pesimistic mood today :scream:

Aha, that's where I heard that 'Paula' name...and I always believed the order of the guest stars was related to their screentime too...So when Rikki actually has that little screentime I do hope you're right about some kind of quick flash back (hopefully related to Danny and she ending it) - you certainly lifted my mood in mere seconds :)

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I agree that Ruben's death was merely a catalyst, but more so for Danny, it's affected his views on everything around him (I think). So I'd rather have him take some time to really think about what he wants, and he has to do it away from Lindsay. Why? Because I think the fact that he's hurt her is going to play too big a part if he's talking to her. Danny has a superhero syndrome, and I would hate it if he bases his feelings for Lindsay on guilt for having hurt her. He needs to distance himself from everything and just figure things out, and I'm somewhat glad that we didn't get any DL this episode because at the very least we know they're spending some time apart.

Danny really needs to dig deep and really define his feelings for Lindsay. I think she's already made it clear that she has strong feelings for him, and being Lindsay, I don't think they're based on any alterior motives either. Her declaration was honest IMO, so we need some honesty on Danny's part. If the writers aren't going to show him telling Lindsay about Rikki (so they can imply she already knows), then I at the very least want to see him honest about his feelings for Lindsay.

That's what sort of annoys me, because IMO that information shouldn't be left to interpretation. I can accept them doing it for now, but I need concrete evidence that Lindsay either knows, or doesn't. No matter what your opinions on Danny's thing with Rikki, whether he cheated or not, if he wants to reconnect with Lindsay, she deserves to know...everything. Starting out with more secrets is just going to send their relationship into another cycle and it's going to be the same thing all over again. The two of them need to be honest with each other, and if the writers think they can get away with what we've seen so far, then...well, I'm disappointed.

As for the promo, I get me some wet Lindsay!! :D Oh...at the very least that's going to make the episode absolutely rock!! :bolian:

I think they have their own means of getting things we don't have access to. I'll be severely annoyed if Ausiello's bad spoilers come true but the good ones don't! Plus, I asked the question, so our outcome has to be special :D

I'm still not ecstatic about the idea of Danny suddenly realising his feelings because Lindsay's in danger. The first time, I think, just confirmed what he was feeling. This time, he should already be able to tell for himself what he's feeling, what he wants, and whether he's going to work on getting back what he lost or not. I don't want the writers to make Danny into an idiot who needs big dramatic scenes to make up important decisions. He'd be a basket-case and the vision of him stuck in a mental asylum at the end of S5 becomes more and more clear. Maybe Lindsay can bring him muffins on her daily visits? :lol:
    Thanks! :) I also had my one year anniversary on the April 24th (when I was gone). :lol:

Yes...but Kristin got her stuff from the writer, not from the scripts. I'm guessing writers won't go 180 on us in between episodes. Plus, I *think* that by the time Ausiello released his spoiler, all the episodes had already been filmed. Changing their minds would mean they'd have to go back and reshoot scenes...which costs alot of money to do, so I doubt we're going to differ that much.

Who knows, I'm remaining optimistic for the end of the season that DL will be able to work through their differences and start over. :)

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

not realizing, expressing. there is a diference. it may be cliché but it would work in the sense that they will be at work and there would be no need for a mushy personal out-of work scene (dont get me wrong, I love those scenes but Im in the minority on that one). am I making sense?

the sad part is that I actually can see it happening.

I agree with you on the part that he needs to realize and evaluate his feelings for Lindsay on his own but the admission of such feelings, well that is a completly different story. and this could be one way of doing it. she already said it out loud now its his turn

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I guess what I'm saying is that I really don't want Danny to be told that Lindsay's in danger and then he goes all, OMG, Lindsay, OMG, and boom he's suddenly in love with her. You know what I mean? I don't want the fact that Lindsay's condition would contribute to the realisations of his feelings. What I don't mind is if we have confirmation that Danny has admitted that he has strong feelings for Lindsay BEFORE the whole dramatic Lindsay's in danger sequence. Yes, there is a difference between realisation and expression, the latter is fine, the former is just...way too cliché, and would make me roll my eyes, but if the writers were ever to plan such a scene, they need to make SURE that we know that Danny's already admitted the feelings to himself before he goes and plays superman. :p

My mental image of Danny in a straight-jacket is kinda...adorable. He keeps poutin' and only smiles when Lindsay comes by, and when she brings muffins, he becomes all excited. :lol: Goodness...I need to stop now. :p

:guffaw:

7. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

He does want to make the world a better place for everyone around him, but I just don't think that it is what he bases his feelings on. I believe that the fact that she actually showed him that he did hurt her, made him see that his feelings for her were answered in a more serious way than he perhaps thought...maybe he still got the impression that -although Lindsay slept with him- it was still not as serious for her as it was for him...

I do agree that to perhaps clear his head it was wise to get away from her for a while, but to really come to terms with his emotions I hope he stayed away from Rikki too...

Her confession was definitely honest, I think it shocked her as much as him that she suddenly said it out loud...and when they really decide to take the easy way out than we indeed need to at least know how Danny feels about Lindsay...

That's true...this has to be the best omen ever :cool:

That's right, but when he already realized what he truly felt for Lindsay, but just didn't express it yet, than it will be way harder to accept what he did with Rikki...if he knew how he felt than the fact that he hasn't told anyone is no excuse and means that he was not cheating on Lindsay, but on himself...

8. JellyBelly

I guess there's a difference between detailed spoilers and general directional quotes from tptb. I definitely get the sense that they decided to shift the direction of D/L at some point, or at least they weren't clear about it at the beginning of the season, even amongst themselves. From the whole 'perfect heart', they're in love comments you'd think they'd have made it clear they were together before giiving us the 'bump'. But, it could be that they meant they WOULD be properly together at some point. Didn't PV say something about them enjoying each other but that it would just be portrayed in 'little moments' but mostly they'd carry on as before? Maybe AZ was talking about the general direction towards the 'perfect heart' but that we haven't seen it yet and all we had was PV's 'moments' and them kinda enjoying each other until it got railroaded by the 'bump' (Danny's grief and subsequent actions). And now, we're at the point where whatever was between them since SD will be seen as more of a 'casual' thing where they were friends with benefits because their lack of communication prevented any deepening of the relationship but that it's now come to a head and needs to be sorted out.

Aha, that's where I heard that 'Paula' name...and I always believed the order of the guest stars was related to their screentime too...So when Rikki actually has that little screentime I do hope you're right about some kind of quick flash back (hopefully related to Danny and she ending it) - you certainly lifted my mood in mere seconds :)

Oh no, I always hate it when I manage to lift someone's mood in here, it feels like waaaay too much pressure knowing that hopes can be dashed so very quickly. Of course, it could be that while Lindsay's in the rain searching for a cab, Danny is at home with Rikki and she's there to show us that it's not over between them. I doubt it though but I can't rule it out. I honestly think that we will get something next week to show that Danny and Rikki was a one time deal (or at least a short term one) and that whatever happens with Linds in the rain is more a ruse than anything. I think she and Danny are doing the 'friends' thing at the moment, maybe because Linds decided she needed to try and be at least that after being so distracted by Danny at work, hence the 'date'.

I think the 'date' will happen at the beginning of the episode and that maybe we'll have a 'deeper' conversation between D/L or we'll get something between Danny and Rikki that will indicate where they and D/L are at the moment. I think the epi will end with the alleged 'double cliffhanger' being Lindsay and Reed getting into seperate cabs, leaving us to speculate whether one of them has ended up with the killer cabbie. For the spoiler free there will be a week of speculating which one of them got into the dodgy cab.

9. JellyBelly

I just looked at the cast list again and Rikki's name appears above plus size Paula's so my previous theory about Rikki being in a flashback is shot to pieces. Doesn't mean it WON'T be a flashback but my theory based on her being on for a shorter time than PSP (who has to be in a flashback) is moot. Jeez, am I even making sense? I don't know anymore. :confused:

10. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Unfortunately, the cliche hopeless romantic in me begs to differ. :p Sure, maybe not BOOM like TNT, but a gradual blast with lots of rocks and stuff. 'Cause those are cool. :lol: OK, away from nonsensical metaphors.

Where'd the mental image of Danny in a straight jacket come from? o.0 Did I miss something important? I kinda like the straight jacket though... for other reasons... :devil:

THANK YOU!!!! My opinion on this in a tiny paragraph. *worships*

If he acts like this whole Lady V thing never happened, it wouldn't be fair at all to Lindsay. She's been trying to help him through this, and for him to lie to her or just "forget" it wouldn't be fair.

OK I'm freezing, does anyone have cookies? I need to eat.

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

So, from Faylinn's spoiler report, I guess there's a farely good chance that the basketball game scene actually happens, and it sounds like a fairly light scene. I just hope that there's some kind of awkwardness in their speech, because you can't really tell from text alone. As for the scene itself, yet again, the writers have confused me to no end. I mean the bet about buying the next round of beers means, at the very least, that they're comfortable around each other again, at least enough to go out each other and actually have that kind of conversation.

I'm confused :eek: the whole timeline doesn't fit right now because we don't have concrete evidence of what's happened and what's not. At the very least, I hope we get a more serious DL scene later in the episode, or Rikki's scene churns out some much needed clarity on the whole situation. Sigh, I guess whatever happens, Wednesday is going to come with much anticipation because I really cannot wait to see how the writers deal with this.

My trust in the writers wanes slightly, because I think their ego may be too inflated to think that any fluffy DL scene will "please" us. :rolleyes: I really hope they don't think we're not that shallow and dumb.
    He may not, but we don't "know" that for sure and unless (if it happens) he states his feelings have nothing to do with the fact that he had hurt her, and that he really, really cares about her, there will always be the thought that just maybe, his feelings are based on more guilt. It wouldn't be the first act he's done under the influence of guilt now would it? I'd rather not take the chance of that happening and steer away from it in totality.

I can see that happening, and it seems to me that Danny's past relationships has been nothing more than casual. Since SD, perhaps Lindsay has never said anything about their relationship which would indicate otherwise. As for Danny, I don't know how deep his feelings for Lindsay runs, and we've never been given the opportunity to find out - and that is something I hope we do find out in the upcoming episodes. I think it's severely needed if the writers ever wish to resolve this drama. I can also see Lindsay's lack of communication due to the fact that she may not believe in a casual relationship. It's possible that after SD, she's thought of them as a couple and that need to talk about is therefore isn't there. Face it, I don't see Danny freely talking to Lindsay about his past relationships, and so she probably doesn't know about his thoughts on relationships. If I were Lindsay, what Danny's done for her up to that point would point to "serious" and not "casual". You don't go through all that trouble for a casual relationship.

Between her expectations and assumptions, and their lack of communication, this whole drama is born. I have no doubt that if their relationship was more defined from the get go, Danny would've turned to Lindsay rather than Rikki. It's both their faults for "assuming" things rather than actually talking about it and finding out.

I get Lindsay's assumption that he would turn to her. He was there for her, and she wants to be there for him too, but I don't think she should have left it to the very end before telling him that.

Assuming things suck. Seriously. The word needs to go away *deletes it from the DL dictionary* :eek:

I really hope that after what happened in RND, whatever happened between Danny and Rikki stopped. If they continued...well, you can only imagine how pissed off I would be, and that small thought is enough to blow and non-disappointment and pleasing from the entire season. There is NO way to solve that in the short amount of episodes we have left. This isn't the DL show, we only get limited screen time, if we had more, then I could possibly change my mind.

The thought of Danny and Rikki is just nauseating to me. How you could ever base anything on grief with no alterior motive save the act of numbing the pain is just stupid to me.

I'd bet money that they would take the easy way out and simply mention in passing that Lindsay knows. Or they may dig themselves a hole and not mention it whatsoever and make us all annoyed. We really need a scene where Danny admits his feelings, all of them, no matter how deep or shallow about Lindsay. I don't even mind if he says it to Rikki, so he can somehow justify that what they did was a mistake and he needs to win Lindsay back. I'm still slightly torn on love though, it could be believable if Carmine can pull it off, otherwise it would be shallow.

Of course :cool:

Well, that depends on when he made that realisation. It could be his thing with Rikki made him realise how much he needed Lindsay in his life when she specifically told him she loved him, but had to find a way to let that go. It could be he's had deeper feelings for Lindsay all along but was afraid in telling her than in case she pulls away from him again. Rikki could've been the easy way out - that he could get something to numb the pain without intentionally sabotaging his relationship with Lindsay (yeah, you need a pretty whacked mind to think that up, but since this is Danny, and nobody knows how his brain works, I'll let it go...), stupid yes, but not exactly unheard of, and it didn't turn out as planned either. *shrugs* I'm now confusing myself. :p

Well, I like your reasoning - that's for sure. The weird thing is that PV did say they'd kick off the season very much in love and a couple (oh really? We didn't know. Why? Oh, because you didn't bother giving us the scenes :rolleyes:) But I don't really mind it if their resolution to save and reunite DL is believable and not a cliche, overused plot that looks more appropriate for a piece of fanfiction. It could be that this bump propels them into the direction of a more solid and clear relationship minus the ambiguity and confusion. They need to com-mu-ni-cate.

Well the hopeless romantic in me begs to differ too! I don't see how his sudden realisation that he's in love with her, just because he's in danger is romantic. I find it shallow and stupid. I'd rather him admit that he loves Lindsay and THEN gets a call that she's missing, or in the hospital or something. :p Yeah, and she wakes up in hospital and Danny's by her bedside telling her he loves her, and oh so sorry for being an idiot. :p Yup, it's like a really, really bad soap opera. :lol: Oh wait, great, now there's an actual chance of that happening! :scream:

Haha, something from the last interview with Carmine. Danny's possibly headed for an asylum, and I want Lindsay's muffins :D

I don't think anyone, shippers or not, would like it if the writers suddenly treat it like it never happened and DL suddenly act like there's nothing wrong. It would be...well, stupid. I really hope the writers aren't going to be so dumb as to go that route.

I'm also frozen, but I ate all my cookies to keep warm. Haha, none from me! :p

OT: And I totally forgot about this, but for anyone who's reading The 416, here's Chapter 3. Enjoy the read :)

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I'm still a bit confused by this whole feelings stuff. While watching season 2, I had the feeling that there was a strong tension between them, and I liked the flirting. In season 3 I thought that Danny was definitely more interested in Lindsay (and honestly, I don't think this was just about sex). Why else did he say 'no' to the suicide girl and to the other woman? Maybe it's just me, but for me it had to do with his feelings for Lindsay. And maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, but to me it seemed as if he was waiting for her. And when she needed him (in Montana), he was there.

That's why I'm completely confused by season 4. To me it looked like now Lindsay was the one who wanted more, and he seemed to go on distance a bit. But I don't think he did it because he didn't want her anymore. And then the thing with Rikki. I'm still telling myself he did it, because he didn't really think about what he was doing, he was somehow in his own world and fighting with his grief, if this makes any sense (but this is anyway no excuse for cheating).

Now I wonder what'll happen next. I don't want to speculate what they're feeling. I finally want to know it.

So Danny and Lindsay have a bet? Didn't Danny learn his lesson? Never bet against a countrygirl! :lol: Looks like they have to show a scene like this every season. :lol:

13. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

He bets against her again? :lol: That man is either incredibly dumb or incredibly smart.... Bad boy! Liffy, well done my love on being coroner! As I already asked Meg, do you become Mac after your millionth post? :D
    Once again, you're wondering about time lines on this show? :rolleyes: As for the rest - Canada?

Oooh, did I hear anyone asking about cookies? Well.....

*Tosses now infamous bribery grand marnier-choc-chip&mallow cookies in direction of cold shippers*

14. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Cookies! Since I have avoided working out for the last week due to intensive studying and essay writing I shall avoid them...:lol:

I think Danny has enough brains to stop whatever the heck he had with Rikki. Especially after Lindsay's confession. I don't see the writers ruining a two year relationship with this. Breaking it down a little, but destroying it no! I see it as Lindsay thinking enough is enough and aired everything out to him. Now it is Danny's turn to say everything in his mind. The ball is in your court, Mr. Messer!:thumbsup: (literally :lol:)
    So, I am actually liking this episode more and more. The talk that we have all been discussing should be referred to and that is why I think the whole Rikki situation is a flashback considering how much it looks like she will be appearing in. They can't possibly drag this out any longer??? I love the bet, it's one way for Lindsay to power over Danny because like we have been saying , you don't bet against a country girl! :lol:

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Oook.... i had something really clever to say but its gone

I'm actually a tad happier after reading the report to whats going to happen with them from what i read it almost seems like they are starting over and rebuilding what went missing. It actually sounds like the kind of stuff which is nice to see.

Bets... surely danny learn the first time *typical bloke*

But i'm confused as to why she is all wet... the storyline doesnt really seem to me to say lets go play in the rain lol.

With the Rikki stuff i'm going on what people have said with flashbacks it seems the most logical way to go. Or the Lindsay wet scenes is her going to his and he isn't there... well i think thinking about it any more isn't gonna help.

*thinks about a cookie then remembers the mcdonalds she had at work*

I didnt realise how people appear on the guest appearance is how long they are on screen... sounds wierd wouldnt it be logical to put it in alphabetical.

I enjoyed season 2 best with the flirting and interaction it was nice because she still had that almost new vibe and he was trying to work her out. This season i have been inpressed with the joking around specially at the start of the season it works and surely TPTB have learnt that well obv not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.