Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

No don't give up. I think the writers are reving us up for a huge breakthough on D&L and I think it includes a heck of a lot of romance and I hope maybe marriage in the coming seasons!!!

I could see Flack yelling: HEY MESSER and hearing both Lindsay and Danny saying.

What.

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

If there is going to be a wedding (which I doubt) I would like to see it maybe like three seasons from now. I love me some romance but I doubt we won't get the fluffy romance until next season. I am just hoping that everything will eventually clear itself up and I am intrigued with how the writers are going to handle the upcoming episodes. :)

3. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Okay, you guys are touching on something that's been in my head a lot lately; what is a realistic hope for D/L beyond this "bump"? I don't watch much TV. (I was the moron who completely missed SD and had absolutely no idea that D/L were anything more than occaisionally flirty co-workers until just a few weeks ago!) When I do watch, it is usually a CSI show. These shows aren't really big on love and marriage that I can see. Most of the characters are either rather flawed (?) or mysterious (and all about work). I really wish the writers would allow characters to grow and develop deep relationships and families. I wouldn't want those relationships to take over the show, but just be in the background and normal. It just seems like that isn't what the writers want. I mean, I never loved Grissom and Sara, but it was nice to see something beyond the cases after years and years. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes, but it kinda seemed like the writers ran out of ideas and had to ditch the girl when things got serious though. I dunno. I guess I just wonder where you see the writers going with D/L if they do indeed survive the present situation.

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, I wonder what they'll do. I have really no idea. All I want is the drama to end. We had more than enough of that for my taste. Some drama here and there is nice, but not too much, please. I don't even want fluff. I just don't want drama anymore. I don't think, that's too much to ask.

5. eveninstarz14

I agree with you guys 100% of the way. This show was not written for romance and when the writers attempt to add drama to the little romance that it has it blows all out of proportion! If these two survive this, I think the writers should leave the drama to Mac or Stella because they are so much better at handling it. If Danny and Lindsay are going to have drama make it case-related. I can see them arguing about reasons behind the murder. Leave their relationship drama off the television.

Infidelity on television is a tricky topic and apparently the writers of CSI do not know how to handle it.

6. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yeah, I agree with you. There are some shows which are only about romance-drama (like Grey's Anatomy, or Desperate Housewives). But CSI:NY doesn't belong to these shows. And if there is romance between two characters, it shouldn't become too much. At the moment, at least in my eyes the DL drama takes away from the cases. Sure, maybe I'm thinking that because I pay much attention to them, but whenever I watch season 2, I don't just look at DL but also at the cases they're solving. At the moment all I think about is how they solve the drama they created. I have to admit, Danny and Lindsay are the reason why I watch the show. But I don't need fluff every epi, and I also don't need drama every epi. I just want them to interact, that's all.

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

The writers suck and doing romantic drama, that's for sure :lol: Way to reel in a crowd (as effective as it was, annoying would be the better word).

Where I see the writers taking DL after this? Hopefully forward, without too much crap in between their screen time. I'd rather have less DL-related episodes and just have them smiling and chuckling, bantering and arguing with each other in more episodes. They can show the relationship progressing without having it overpower the show. Which comes back to why I would prefer verbal moments than physical. It would be much easier for the writers to just add in a small dialogue where we have DL discussing last night's dinner, and maybe them arguing over the tip or something silly like that. I'd actually prefer that than seeing the actual dinner. :lol:

I think the writers need to maybe place DL in the background for a while to offset the heavy last few episodes we've been getting. Now that doesn't mean no DL whatsoever, but rather small scenes with them together, getting along, being overly friendly with each other, smiling, grinning, and just darn happy. :)

Of course, they have to get there first, but perhaps a scene where Danny asks Lindsay out to lunch and we go back to her sounding hesitant and giving him an excuse, but that progresses into her accepting, and then we get to the point where lunch together becomes...well, normal. :)

That kind of continuation would be good instead of the jerky scenes we've been getting. The explosions are nice when you're trying to spice something boring. But we didn't even get any DL to be bored of (like we'd ever be), so...what was the point exactly?

I am looking forward to them hopefully starting over, and we can watch them rebuild their relationship and be in love next season. I seem to say this every season...it sounds oh so familiar. :lol:

Well, I trust that the writers know what they're doing. I watched LRC again, and the more I analyse it, the more I think the writers were good in doing what they did - including the standing Danny up part (which I didn't like either). But in the end, it was pretty darn realistic (I asked a few of my friends who didn't watch CSI:NY, gave them the background story, and where DL were at the time, and thought it was pretty believable). I guess our likes and dislikes tend to blind us from that from time to time.

Hopefully what the writers have planned will be realistic and good. It kinda makes me wonder why the word "pleased" was used rather than 'happy' or 'ecstatic'. Hopefully that means that they know hunky dory isn't what we want right now and we'll get a realistic DL reunion by the end of the season. :)

I feel so fluffy! I love chocolate. :)

8. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

I am confused about this as well. If I was Lindsay, there would be no way that I would be rushing to go watch a game with danny, regardless of if "the talk" had taken place. I think it would be too soon for a friend date as well (unless time has suddenly jumped forward) And as you said, Danny would not want to give Lindsay the wrong idea either. A team outing would work I suppose. I just hope it is not cut from the episode - :scream: as it has been driving me mad.

I know that CSI NY is a crime show (and not the Danny and Lindsay Show - dammit!!) but if it was just about the different crimes with no character developments or storylines for the regular cast then there is no way that I would tune in every week. Otherwise it would be documentary really? For me, I guess that there has to be some reason for me to watch it every week. I am a shipper in most shows I watch but to varying degrees, not always romantic relationships. But i have to care about at least some of the characters and their lives . So i do like to see storylines outside the cases, as long as they are done well and in the background like Cecilia said. And a little romance can be good for a show - most people want to find a partner in real life so why shoudn't that be part of the show (again - you have to get it right). I hope that makes sense - I can never translate my rambling thoughts into coherent sentences :rolleyes:
    And if you look at what section of Talk CSI gets the most views, it tends to be Shipper Central so people are interested in this aspect of the show.

For me, that is what I found disappointing with the whole Rikki incident. IMO the writers were trying to shock us (hence the trailers) but yet had given us nothing concrete this season.... and still haven't really :brickwall:

I do hope we get something good in tonights episode - I m going to try and log on before I go to work tomorrow morning :) I hope/pray Catey will be posting her spoilers for us!

Totally soap opera I know but can you imagine that the ending that will not disappoint us DL shippers is a shot of Lindsay waiting to check the results of home pregnancy test :lol: So there would be hope for them to get back together next season? All the talk of mini messers could come back and bite us on the ass!!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  9. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

Totally soap opera I know but can you imagine that the ending that will not disappoint us DL shippers is a shot of Lindsay waiting to check the results of home pregnancy test :lol: So there would be hope for them to get back together next season? All the talk of mini messers could come back and bite us on the ass!!
    [/quote]

omg i love that idea but haha mini messers and mini montantas would be cute!!! Mac would be a godfather and screw his new love life on there.....Stella could be a godmother!!

10. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Please, no babies. That would be so cheesy and would do nothing to address the problems between the two of them.

11. eveninstarz14

Less than 8 hours for me! YAY! It should be exciting!

Dear lord, I do not want to see children...that would cause for more potential angst for Danny. :scream:
    BTW, is this the Lindsay-centric one I have been hearing about?

12. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I'm not sure about it being Lindsay centric. In fact I am a little concerned that we've had a promo, two CBS clips and several still shots and there is absolutely no sign of Lindsay. But, we did have a spoiler a while ago about Lindsay being the only person a key witness is prepared to talk to about something that happened to her so hopefully that means we're gonna get some good Lindsay scenes.

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Are we talking about babies? Oooh...I like Messer babies but I believe that's only supposed to come in season 7 or 8, and the writers need to leave that to us fanfic writers - please.

As far as I know most of Lindsay's scenes are with Mac, and I think Gerards daughter only wants to talk to Lindsay or something like that. There's definitely potential for some great Lindsay scenes so I hope we get them. Seeing her shine without Danny is something I'm always up for. :)

No idea what's going to happen on the DL front though - if anything. I hope that the title has a double meaning for us, and we do get something regarding DL, and hopefully the mention of Rikki. They really need to sort this mess out fast and get everything in the open.

14. eveninstarz14

Amen to that dude! Leave all that to people who know how to write about that kind of stuff!:guffaw:

Thanks so much for the clarification! Since this is a team case, wouldn't it be inevitable that she has scenes with Danny? :confused: I like seeing her interact with the others though, especially Adam, I have no idea why...:p

15. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Is tonight when D & L are supposed to have words about Rikki? I thought it might be since the poster said they were filming at a school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.