William/Grissom : The Hotness of #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ladyhunter, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That scene between Gil and Wendy was cool;) is he priming her for the field? with stars dropping like flies, maybe she'd be good. I liked Mia too, what happened to her? Here's some "quotes" from Billy, for those who haven't seen them yet:thumbsup:

BILLY QUOTES

2. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

Based on his qoutes, it's a good thing he didn't stick to playing football or else we would've get to see im everyday on tv.

3. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

OT: I liked Mia too. I just wished they had mention where she went. Aisha Tyler was great in GW until she became a ghost herself. That was a great Season Finale. God, I wasn't even expecting that? :eek::eek:

As for the stars leaving, I'm really surprised BP stayed on? :eek:

-----------------------
    [​IMG]

4. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I tell ya, I'm more surprised by the day that BP stayed as well.

My theory is though, and I aint suggesting Billy JUST does this for the money ;) So hear me out!

But, his great love as we know, is stage work, he wants to do more of that, and he's already got the Steppenwolf gig and the one at Victory Gardens arranged. Now, he ain't gonna be making any money from these.

So this is kinda best of both worlds. He gets to do a limited amount of episodes on CSI next season, so he's not stuck just doing that, gets paid silly money (and good for him, he's the only actor I don't begrudge such wages), and get to do what he loves to do as well.

Not that he's poor or anything :lol: But if he does CSI for another season, he's well set and can do what he wants to do after that.

Most actors leave and go and do movies (or at least try, I think a couple of the people who are leaving/have left CSI may be in for a nasty surprise) - which pay well. Billy doesn't do that, he wants to go back to the stage. Which lets be honest, ain't gonna pay well. Good for him!

As for Wendy - wasn't there a suggestion she'd become a CSI? I really hope she does, I think she's terrific.

5. Desertwind

WP_Rocks and GameFace I was so excited and thrilled when I read he was staying, he's a hard case to figure out, isn't he? on one hand he's been saying since the other "CSI's" started how he was, lets say "miffed" "what are we a MacDonalds francise":klingon: and every year I figure he'd leave, the plays and the "I want to go back to Chicago" for me, I had prepared to just get used to the idea he was leaving, and wa-la, he signed up for S/9 ~scratches head..again~~My daughter said "why wouldn't he stay he got everything he wanted, and then some" and Gary was the one I was really suprised about:wtf:, we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I sure would have liked to been an invisible being in the room where he [Billy] said "OK":thumbsup:

Enigma, hard to understand, or explain:mysterious that's why he's so intriguing and interesting, like what's next, Billy baby?

6. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

After 8 years you know the regular cast is going to move on.

With BP, I honestly thought he was moving back to Chicago. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him coming back. Sure it won't be a full season. Nevertheless..:thumbsup:

As for Actors leaving and going to the big screen, it's a hit & miss situation. Plus, not all Actors can do theatre.
    And with the amount BP gets, I say "good for him!" it just shows the respect he's getting from CBS. [​IMG]

Seriously, why can't they just go with Gil, Cath, Nick & Greg??? :eek:
    How many times have we heard Grissom say "they're short on Days & Swing?" :wtf: I don't get it??? :scream:

--------------------------
    [​IMG]

7. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

OK here's my two cents on Billy staying for another season:

If BP stayed, that's because he considered that next season will be rock solid stuff both story-wise and character-wise. He wouldn't have renewed his contract otherwise. I mean, he obviously doesn't need the money, so there's gotta be a better reason for him to make the decision to stay one *at least for now* more season.
    ESPECIALLY considering his love for theater and the fact that he could have quit CSI to dedicate himself entirely to his passion.
    I don't see what else could have convinced him to stay other than the quality of the storylines and characters' development.
    He's shown over the years that he can be very vocal when he doesn't like something -remember when he said he disagreed with the concept of CSI spinoffs?

SO, him renewing his contract is VERY good news for us, IMHO :cool::cool:

8. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I'm sure there are a whole host of reasons why he's signed a new contract. But I doubt they have a really solid idea of exact storylines as yet, especially with other cast members having not signed new contracts.

As for money, sure he doen't need it. But look at it this way, he's in his mid 50's now, so it's not like he's got this long career ahead of him. Plus, he doesn't like doing movies, so things he does want to do (theatre) won't bring in loads of money. So it does make sense that he does this highly paid work for a while more.

No way does he do it just for the money, but the money would certainly (and rightly so) have a BIG say in him returning!

TBH, I've become totally 'meh' about him returning now. From being happy bout it, to being not arsed (as they say over 'ere ;) ). Dunno what it is, but I sort of wish he'd not signed a new contract. But I know that by the time the new season comes around, i'll be glad he did :thumbsup:

9. GrissomFREAK

I hear you GF.

But I'm sure they must have at least a vague idea of where they want to go with the show -same thing with the characters, and if not with the other characters (since all the actors haven't renewed their contracts), at least with Grissom.
    Even if it's not written in stone just yet, I mean, they have to know at least a little bit what they want to do (with) next season.
    Especially considering that this season is almost over.

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think Billy is concerned about all the people that work on the show and feels responsible for them, in a way. he realizes that it depends quite a lot on him if the show will continue on, and being a collective person, he just doesn't want to leave them all with no paycheck.

i guess that's another reason apart from money and the fact that he has to end what he started. it's not possible to wrap his character up in only a handful of episodes.

11. Desertwind

I think you hit it on the nail Adzix he's a kind compassionate man and is concerned about these people, this way they've got a time to find something else and move on;)plus, he pretty much got everything he wanted, besides :thumbsup: time off, not in every ep.more $$$$ etc. and back in January he said this!

http://www.csifiles.com/news/310108_01.shtml

12. GrissomFREAK

Yeah, I agree Ad.

Just another facet of BP's great persona.

13. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

yeah you are right about the collective side of things, he does feel the responsibility, something he's mentioned more than once, shame some of the other 'stars' of CSI don't feel the same way. Not that I can talk, cos I know for sure I wouldn't feel in the slightest bit responsible either!

14. hammers_fan

hammers_fan Dead on Arrival

Hey, just joined, been browsing this forum for ages now without ever signing up and contributing - so thought it was about time I did!

Believe it or not, only discovered CSI at the start of season 7! Had a lot of catching up to do, so bought seasons 1-6 on DVD. Now I'm hooked! Largely thanks to the title of this thread!

I'd just like to know what on earth happend to this guy when he turned 50, because to be honest, from the bits n pieces of him I've seen in his younger days, pre CSI - if I didn't know who he was then I probably wouldn't have given him a 2nd look. In the UK a few nights back they had his serial killer movie on tv (which I'm guessing the folks on here from the UK will have watched). Saw some of it then switched over channels to see S4 ep "Bloodlines", (think that's the one with the double DNA killer?) Well.... what a difference 20 yrs makes! I dunno.. p'raps it's just me?! Maybe it's coz in CSI he just ticks all the right boxes!

And as for signing up for another season?.... well obviously good news, but I'm sure with other cast members leaving the producers will have bent over backwards to keep him on, no matter how many eps it'll be for. There's gonna be a time when all those guys will wanna quit. Wondering if the show will continue for a few more seasons and just keep intergrating replacement characters or by promoting the current ones that are in the background. Gonna be interesting to see what happens. Really hope the storylines don't suffer and the viewing figures nose-dive!

Anyway, good fans forum - enjoy reading it.
    Cheers

15. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

ITA with you, WP! Maybe that's would bring me completely back on the CSI bandwagon... I found the last two episodes very good but couldn't watch them a second time: my DVR is dead! :(

And Da Beard is back! :eek: Sure hope it stays that way! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.