Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Fabrinka

Fabrinka Dead on Arrival

my god,great FF,but you dont like Julia?I think she is perfect:angel:,isnt she?

2. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

This is my attempt to respond to something a ways back - hope it works!

I want to say that H isn't in love with Julia any more, and tgtb won't go there, but I have to admit he exhibits more affection for her than for you-know-who, and he ended up marrying HER! There is just no telling where this will all go.

I love ALL your captions! Keep them coming. . .

3. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Do you think the 'ship' has sailed for H/Y? Just a thought between fun picture games. I was wondering today if too much time has passed for tgtb to slide the relationship card in for H/Y? Where there was opportunity and motive to comfort each other after Raymond's death, so much time as seemed to pass without any serious contact between them that it's hard to imagine it happening now.
    Tgtb have kept them on a 'strictly business' status for the past two years and although the 'looks' are still there between them, I don't get the sense of longing so much anymore. It's almost like they have both accepted the limitations of their relationship and that it won't go any further and they are comfortable with the status quo.
    Another thought too is that no matter how much we ALL want them to be together, that relationship would be fraught with complications such as...well, in the bedroom for instance. Wouldn't it be hard for her NOT to compare him to Raymond even if he came out on top of the game (tee hee) and wouldn't he wonder how he stacked up to his brother? That just off the top of things that would be difficult to deal with. It would really be tasteless for her to refer to things that she and Raymond used to do together (in general not just the bedroom) but really difficult because it is a natural thing to discuss your history, so that would be pretty uncomfortable. At this point, after they have both had so much drama in their recent past (and H still is having it) they might feel that there would be too much effort to make it work.
    (Office is closed this afternoon. Lots of time to think. Need more pictures to tickle the imagination.)

4. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I have been down that road, too, Silk wondering whether what we want will really happen. But as to your point that they might compare and wonder, I don't see why that would have to happen, but I am in the minority here. I just think that being in love with a new person is being in love with that person because he's himself, and that comparisons between brothers wouldn't happen any more often that comparison between any former and current lovers. Does ANYONE want to hear about former lovers? but in today's world EVERYONE has one!

5. silk

silk Prime Suspect

I agree with you, drgnldy, that people generally don't want to discuss past lovers and it would be in really poor taste to do so. Being in love with a new person is being in love with that person for himself. However, most (not all) but most people don't have a DNA tie to the former lover or a common familial history to carry around as baggage. And our lieutenant has a complete set of Samsonite including the 'carry-ons'.

And personally, I don't think it would be so much a problem for her as it would be for him. He does love to nurture those little feelings of guilt, remorse and inadequicy and then of course, there is always the ever-present St. Horatio martyr complex.

I like H, but personally I'm not sure if I was Y (and oh my goodness would I love to look like that!) how many times I could view the top of that red head of his while he was hanging it forlornly for any number of reasons, without popping him on it with a broom!

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Aw, thanks, but I haven't gone yet! ;) I posted about it last week because I was so excited that the guests I want to hear speak had confirmed their attendance. Apologies for the confusion - I go on Thursday. :D MD is coming too, so you guys will be good, won't you? :p

My brain is too tired to think of anything constructive to say, but here's another pic....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  7. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Actually, I think Samsonite is too light weight. I think he has steamer trunks!

You're right. I think we've already seen that in her desire to move forward with him. His knee jerked so high he almost smacked himself in the face with it!
    Ain't it the truth. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the man has no joy in him. Ironically, I don't think he's happy unless he's unhappy - adicted to his own angst. Yuck! He has to want to change, and until then Y has no chance. But I sure would like to see more of her! I would even welcome them being angry at one another, because there would be emotion of some sort involved - not these passive conversations we've had for years now.

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks. Well to me she's like Stetler, someone you'd love to hate.

I agree with what you said, in fact, don't kill me, I'd rather enjoy seeing H/Julia interaction, cos they have way more chemistry than H and you-know-who :rolleyes: In fact they actually make it belivable that they were ex-lovers. And having her around brings something extra to the H/Kyle storyline. Maybe it's cos I rather like the H/Kyle storyline too. If I'm not wrong in 'Ambush' H even called Julia "sweetheart" over the phone. And it didn't make my skin crawl like with you-know-who. But don't get me wrong, I don't think H still feels for Julia in the love sort of way. More like caring for the mother of his son.

Again I agree. Even having H/Y angry at each other is better than now. Again, don't kill me, I honestly don't think H is getting back together with Julia, but if it came down to it, I wouldn't mind it that much as I was bothered with H and you-know-who. But I'm H/Y fan afterall and to me H/Y belong together.

Interesting point brought up about H/Y thinking that this is as far as they'll go. In fact I mentioned that in my latest fic, so we're thinking the same thing. ;) But when it comes down to the wire, I don't think they've given up on each other neither has tptb. Remeber Mulder and Scully? Of even in JAG with Harm and what's her name? Mac is it? We'll just have to be patient, H/Y will get together eventually. Maybe near the end of the show's run. But I hope sooner than later.

9. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

:lol: Very funny!

Apparently, Pusher is overseeing things in our absence. :devil:

Exactly. The constant H angst/doom and gloom has worn very thin. He currently doesn't have many redeeming qualities at all, and his character has been written terribly of late.

10. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Here's my try for the pic of Y looking at H's backside

Thought bubble above Yelina's head. "God you gotta love this job when you get to play 'back up. I wonder if I grabbed H on the tush if he'd believe it was a SWAT team?"

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

*raises hand*...I have a question..can I join that SWAT team?:lol:

12. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Well actually, my friend, in order to join THIS particular SWAT team you would have to lower your hand. That is, of course, unless H has his 'butt in the air about something"!:devil:

13. ametista

ametista Prime Suspect

Yes, Luce we will :angel: Just please tell when you and MD will be coming back, so we’ll know when to start hiding evidence from wild partying :devil:

Great caption silk and here’s Yelina ready to move in for the kill any second now :devil:

[​IMG]

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I think I could manage that...just let me get my latex gloves:devil:

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

On ur commands Ma'am. :D Have great time and a lot fun with Luce in Bonn. :) So Say We All. *hugs*

Suspect: I don`t remember what happen that night, u have to belive me.
    Horatio: So now u have amnesia?! Very convenient. What do think Yelina ?!
    Yelina: Nice @ss... err nice try jack@ss.