Ratings: CSI vs ... Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Lucy, May 28, 2007.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I've heard mixed reviews about Jorja's leaving. Some have said , "Thank God" because they were tired of GSR and others have said they won't watch, but decided in the end to watch the show anyways.

I also watched an interview today with a media reporter and she stated that people have plain stopped watching tv over the strike.

I don't think Jorja's leaving left that big of an impact.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

I suspect that may be part of it, simply because most people don't know when new episodes are going to air (instead of repeats), so they give up altogether.

However, I would take with a grain of salt anything reported in the media about the writers' strike. The reason for that is because there is very little in the way of independent journalism anymore, as the media are owned by the very same corporations that own the studios. Conflict of interest? I would say so.

I've also read from WGA sources that talks between the WGA and the studios broke down on Friday, and the studios have hired, and are paying big money to, political and PR gurus to create a smear campaign against the WGA. So it sounds like things are going to get a lot uglier.

3. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

American Idol - 26.12
    American Idol Results - 24.84
    Dancing With the Stars - 20.56
    CSI 8x12 - 20.4
    Dancing With the Stars Results - 17.28

4. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

oohhh AI lost a good 10 million in a couple of weeks!

I guess Sara leaving didn't have much impact after all.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

anybody knows how WAT did? they had this crazy 'Jack is kidnapped' storyline. you would think they'd pull a nice number with being after CSI.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

According to the fast nationals at zap2it

At 10 p.m., CBS' "Without a Trace" dominated the hour with a 9.8/17. ABC's "Eli Stone" was a distant second at 3.6/6, and two more episodes of "The Office" earned a 2.9/5 for NBC.

Keep in mind these are prelims and numbers are subject to change.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

csi won the night, and beat out idol YES!!! :thumbsup:

"CSI" OUTDELIVERS "AMERICAN IDOL" IN VIEWERS

"Without a Trace" Wins its Time Period in All Key Measures Opposite First-Run Competition

CBS Places First on Thursday in Viewers

CSI was Thursday's Number One program in viewers on a night that included a special elimination edition of "American Idol," according to preliminary Nielsen live plus same day ratings for April 10.

CSI won its time slot in households (12.5/19), viewers (19.93m), adults 25-54 (7.3/17) and adults 18-49 (5.7/14). Compared to last week's first-run return, CSI was up +1% in households (from 12.4/20), retained 97% of its viewers delivery (from 20.58m), 95% in adults 25-54 (from 7.7/19) and 97% in adults 18-49 (from 5.9/15).

CSI outdelivered "American Idol" in viewers (19.93m vs. 19.57m).

from the futon critic

8. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

And there was not even a mention of the romance in this one. I wonder what this is telling the showrunner? :p

Maybe people will start to turn back now that the abomination is buried?

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well, let's hope when Grey's Anatomy starts, the rating will continue as is.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

CSI: Earth's Number One Show

Source: New York Post

CSI is officially the most popular TV show on the planet.

According to a new study, nearly 84 million viewers around the globe watched the CBS crime drama in 2007.

It beat out its sequel, CSI: Miami and House, according to the ratings firm Eurodata, which ranks shows by their worldwide ratings.

With 61.5 million viewers, Desperate Housewives snagged the title of top comedy, while The Bold and the Beautiful was dubbed the most-watched soap in the world (26.2 million viewers).

The biggest show in the US, American Idol, did not place because different versions of it are seen in different countries.

CSI debuted in 2000 and has been renewed for a ninth season. It follows a group of Las Vegas crime scene investigators who use science and high-tech gizmos to solve grisly murders.

It has spawned two popular spinoffs so far, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY.

11. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

that is very cool, most watched show on the planet :D

It's credit to the actors, producers and writers of the show that after 8 years it's still going so strongly.

It's quite amazing really the longevity of CSI. And the funny thing is, people do seem to keep writing it off, yet it keeps on coming back strong.

I think the part that edges it though is the cast, imho there isn't a stronger trio of leading characters and actors than Billy, Marg and Paul Guilfoyle. Added to that George Eads, Robert David Hall, Gary Doudan and Wally Langham, Eric Szmanda (and of course Jorja Fox), that's a really strong cast.

My hope is that they don't spoil anything with bringing in this 'pretty face', cos what I love about CSI is that it's a really human cast if that makes sense. OK, so yer not gonna shove Billy, Marg, Eric or George out of bed on a cold night. But unlike the other CSI's (and most other shows), the whole cast is actually real looking, rather than just 1 or 2, if that makes sense!