Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!11 ♥!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #29: slkdjfhaslsjkdfhksajhkjhsdfomg!!!!!!!1

Thank you... Well, we wouldn`t want that site to be in trouble, right? Where would we get our spoilers then?

Somethingsdont, I`m so glad you updated your story... You made my day!

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You know what would suck? If the actors strike happens in June (last I heard of it, that's when it was planned for), we're screwed again.

3. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

So what exactly is brewing with the actor's strike? All I know is that RA and SAG split or something, but I'm still unclear as to why this would create a strike...granted, I just heard about it earlier this week, so I guess I don't really know what's going on.

Plus, how is it going to impact the filming of shows like CSI? Other than a brief little snippet I read in a magazine, there's really no indication that much is going on with this strike...

4. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Apparently the actors are in contract negotiations, and their contract is up June 30th. They were asked to begin negotiations 3 months ahead of time. Here's an article I found...

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/033108/marquee_2008033100443.shtml

Ok, for on topic talk...it would stink if the actors weren't able to come to an agreement and did go on strike, because then we'd get less E/C goodness. I still hope for something to happen between them before the end of this season, even if it is just them both admitting to the other how they feel.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  5. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Argh, the last thing we need is another strike. Why does this stuff only happen when we're about to get our EC kisses and up-against-the-wall sexiness? Okay, so maybe that's not in the plans, but it might've been if not for all the striking. :lol: ;)

Aww, how sweet is it that Calleigh would lie (again, mind you ;) ) for Eric? We all know what her getting caught in a lie would do to her career, and we all know how important her career is to her. But yet, she still lies for Eric...possibly because Eric is more important to her than all that other stuff? I think yes. :D Aww.

6. Marija_Magdalena

I hope there`s not going to be a strike... It would be really, really bad for EC storyline :(

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Personally, I have had enough of the strike crap! I mean c'mon...do you think the writers will support the actors the way they supported them? Only time will tell ;)

If they do strike, I hope it is over a lot quicker than the 3 months it took for the writers to get resolution....whatever happened to carrying about the fans? I mean we ARE the reason they have jobs!

8. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

I hate the quick reply feature...
    I'm still trying to figure out what the actors have to strike about. It's not like they're not getting enough money or anything ridiculous like that. If anything, perhaps we should go on strike to protest all of these fricking ridiculous strikes that don't actually need to exist.

Then again, it only makes sense that all of this would happen now when we're finally about to get some love. If Adam or Emily decide to leave the show, I think I'll cry. DC on the other hand...he can totally leave and take his stupid sunglasses with.

9. delkolover

AMEN!! :D

10. Marija_Magdalena

I don`t think that Adam and Emily will leave the show. I mean, why would they? In all the interviews they gave, you can really see that they love doing the CSIM (and EC moments :))
    I have a question: if the strike is supposed to happen in June, wouldn`t the season be over till then? And the next one starts in September, and hopefully they would end the strike till then, and then we wouldn`t lose anything.
    Feel free to correct me if I`m wrong. We don`t actually have actors strikes here.

11. Leela

Leela Pathologist

Ahem.
    I made a new one.
    Animated.
    [​IMG]
    Tehee.

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

For the new season to start September/October, they would need to start filming the new season's episodes by sometime in July...and if they go on strike the end of June, they won't be filming any new episodes to air at the normal time in the fall. It would push back the beginning of the 7th season.

13. Marija_Magdalena

Jennifer, thank you for the explanation. That would really suck.

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

A lot of shows aren't getting much of a break this hiatus because of the strike. ER, for example, only has one month off and then they're back to shooting. If Donahue wants to make 27 episodes for next season, then I'm thinking Miami is on the same boat.

15. delkolover

They had enough of a hiatus when the writer's were striking. ;) They basically got their summer hiatus in the middle of the season.

I really hope the actors are able to resolve things w/o a strike. You think by now all parties involved would have realized it is really in no one's best interest to strike for a long period of time. Plus the only ones who totally suffer (especially from boredom), are us the fans and we are the ones who keep them ALL in business!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.