George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the stache either, but the scruff...hoo boy...grow it out just a leeeeetle bit more and we've got ourselves a winner! :thumbsup:

Ducks flying objects here :lol: I liked the stache. It would have been nice to see it a little fuller to be able to appreciate it :) Now before I have to go back and hide under Destiny's desk I will say for George the goatee and scruffiness work. So many can't pull it off but George you look even hotter with them.

Now allmaple as for the grey flecks it is nice to see that George isn't trying to cover up Mother Nature. I hope tptb let him keep them. Come tptb you wouldn't let him keep the stache so let him keep the grey flecks :)

Hi ya Texan Charm. I've been having problems logging in since the switch (some kind of firewall thing, I think). Managed to log in from work but I won't be able to do that very often. Anywoo, I have been able to read comments, so I haven't been totally deprived!

I'm not a stache fan but I think it might be interesting to see GE in a full beard.

Nice to hear from you OT.

I'm not a stache fan but I think it might be interesting to see GE in a full beard.
:eek::eek: I don't think so! :eek::eek: (either that or my imagination is really bad)

Scruff - very nice :drool::drool:
Goatee - nice:drool:
Stache - no way

As for the grey flecks - perfect. :lol: They add some sort of extra dreamyness quality to the man. :D

Susan

OnlyTruth good to hear from you. I hope you get your computer problems sorted out so you can continue to join our fun :)

Now I don't think I can imagine George in a full beard. Nah it would take too much away from the good lucks :) Now that being said GE will probably rush out and grow a beard so we will only look at his acting and not his looks. It won't work George :D

OnlyTruth good to hear from you. I hope you get your computer problems sorted out so you can continue to join our fun :)

Now I don't think I can imagine George in a full beard. Nah it would take too much away from the good lucks :) Now that being said GE will probably rush out and grow a beard so we will only look at his acting and not his looks. It won't work George :D

I don't think he could really grow one. If you look at the scruff lines you can see where he'd have just a little soul patch in the middle and then some along the jaw and chin. I think it would be a very nice look!

Someone (hint! hint!) should photoshop it all in on one of the caps from the episode. Kind of like those old toys where you put whiskers on the guy with a magnetic wand. :lol:

I've been wanting to post this, I thought all of you would enjoy reading it. Some of you may have already seen this on the web.

Let see if you can find the error in this review/article, but otherwise they're right on the money:

Since Standing in the Shadows is our highly influential forum for advancing the careers of overlooked thespians we love, tonight we turn to someone more in need of our help: an incredibly likable actor named George Eads.

Eads is best-known for playing forensic scientist Nick Stokes on original-flavor CSI. In a large cast in which every character is compelling (if not always likable), Nick stands out as the guy you'd most want to hang out with. He's a truly decent man, always quick to help out his colleagues and to empathize with the victims and potential perps he comes across. He is the character who perhaps gets the most emotionally involved in cases he takes on, which makes him exceptionally intuitive but can be a hindrance when he jumps to conclusions too early in a case.

Nick is universally beloved by his colleagues, and is probably the most affable member of the team, able to get along with pretty much anyone. But he is at his best in scenes with Warrick Brown (Gary Dourdan). The characters are clearly good friends, and the actors seem to be as well; they have a natural chemistry together. (In fact they are friends -- Admiral Neck just sent me a link to an article in which they say they have a "healthy man love" for each other. More on that later.) And though Eads is a fairly big guy with impressive "guns" (to use the argot of the youth of today) and the neck of a caber-tosser, he projects a sweetness and vulnerability perhaps even more endearing because he looks so much like a jock.

CSI has managed to play on that vulnerability to heart-tugging effect -- on most shows, it's usually the women who get kidnapped or otherwise end up in need of rescue; they're the most vulnerable characters and usually the most helpless. But on CSI, Nick is the one who usually ends up in trouble. He's like a big Labrador retriever; he's so sweetly guileless that he'll follow the man with the treat right into the back of a white van. And he is so vulnerable and beloved by the audience that the producers immediately have dramatic tension: no one wants to see anything bad happen to Nick. When he was trapped in a coffin during season five's excellent Quentin Tarantino-helmed finale, we were desperate to make sure he got out of there safely, which made the CSI team's race against the clock all the more dramatic. I think Admiral Neck might have snapped a tendon he was clenched so tightly the whole time Nick was in trouble. The show hasn't forgotten the lingering trauma to Nick's psyche, either -- he's still wary of going into dark, enclosed spaces and sometimes has flashbacks. When Sara was abducted earlier this season, it was only Nick who suffered as much as Grissom did.

In another endearing character quirk, whenever Nick has a gun pulled on him, he starts crying. It's only happened a few times over the years -- we're not on CSI: Miami here -- but it's the most human reaction I can recall seeing on TV (or in the movies, for that matter). I think I can confidently say that most people would lose control of their sphincters if they had a gun pulled on them, and we've become so inured to cop shows where the hero doesn't even flinch when confronted with the possibility of imminent death that we don't even mind that their reactions aren't all that realistic (unless they are Horatio Caine, obviously). But Nick doesn't carry a gun and isn't a police officer, so he reacts like anyone would: he's absolutely terrified. Apparently George Eads was the one who suggested this idea to the producers, so good on him for that.

Though CSI has the occasional Nick-centered episode, Eads is mostly just another player in an ensemble cast, and it would be great if, 45 years from now when CSI finally stops making a profit and is summarily cancelled, he got his own show. He's got leading-man looks, affability, charm, wit, and a body like a digitally enhanced Greek warrior -- he doesn't deserve to be relegated to TV movies about Evel Knieval. That's Scott Bakula territory.

While doing my internet research for this article, I found out there is apparently a raging IMDB-based debate about George Eads' sexuality. Now, obviously we have to take these arguments with a grain of salt, as the people who post on the IMDB boards have had raging, two-year-long debates about which kind of cake was served in a scene in Spider-Man 2. (I'm not making that up.) Also, they are moronic. Perhaps you got that from the cake debate. Anyway, does this man look gay to you?

At any rate, if he has healthy man love to give, I heartily approve of him giving it to Gary Dourdan. Preferably at length. And on camera.

If you want to go to the website: Go Here

I've been wanting to post this, I thought all of you would enjoy reading it. Some of you may have already seen this on the web.

Let see if you can find the error in this review/article, but otherwise they're right on the money:

Scott Bakula! :guffaw: I used to love "Quantum Leap!"!

Anyway, yeah, he *does* carry a gun. :) And carries it quite well, I might add!

Might I say that Nick does carry a gun, and I think Warrick even said that he was a good shot.:)

Susan

You beat me to it Smokey. :lol:

Last edited:
Speedy thanks for the article :)

Yup I caught the missing gun part as well. I still love the healthy man love comment :) I would think that growing up in Texas you would learn how to handle a gun. Don't necessarily agree with that but it is a part of life.

I think some of the fear Nick has when someone points a gun at him has to come from GE's own experience with that. George has always said that Nick is certainly more fearless than him.

1. What vehicle does he drive?
2. When does his work day start and end?
3. What does he live in? (house, townhouse, apartment, box.. etc.)

;)

1. I know but I can't remember the name. It's an SUV (from what we saw in Rashomama) if that's any help.
2. He's on the graveyard shift and I think it starts at 7pm since I read somewhere that graveyard and swing overlap. When it ends I don't know.
3. If he lives the same place as he did in Stalker he lives in a house.

Hope that helps somewhat. :rolleyes:

Susan

The vehicle Nick drives is a Denali. Now I always thought his shift always started closer to 11pm than 7 pm but I don't know on that one.

i believe graveyard shift is midnight to 8am. im pretty sure theyve mentioned that on the show before. and i think the denali is just the csi vehicle? im not sure if it is his own personal vehicle.

My neighbor was on a shift that didn't start until 3am, so I'm not sure.:eek:

The Danali is the official CSI vehicle. I think it was a Tahoe (or something very similar to it) in Stalker and Rashomama.

Susan

Yeah Susan, you're right about the SUV's. :D

My neighbor was on a shift that didn't start until 3am, so I'm not sure.:eek:

The Danali is the official CSI vehicle. I think it was a Tahoe (or something very similar to it) in Stalker and Rashomama.

Susan

Hey everyone first time posting in this thread. Some of you know me from the fort. But anyhoo yeah Nick's car is a Ford Explorer. Which look exaclty like a Tahoe except for the emblem.(all SUVs look the same to me :rolleyes:) I only know this cause I just watched 'Rashomama' and when they pull Nicks car into the garage at the end it has a Ford emblem on the front.

Thanks soo much everyone! I really appreciate all the answers I got. Sorry I haven't said my thanks in so long, I've been buseh. >.< RL, it gets in the way, ya know? ;)
So thanks again! =]
P.S- sorry if I missed anyone who replied to my questions. I'm gonna have to read through all the pages, lawlz.

Well what about last night episode. The short time we had Nick on screen was excellent. At least he didn't make the same mistakes that Catherine and Warrick did. Mistakes happen but boy did Catherine make a boo-boo.

Do you think that Nick's shirt was painted on :drool: Was it me or did it sound like Nick still had his cold from last week. Did George, Eric and Billy actually have colds and they were written into the script?

Now we need to wait two weeks for more new Nick :scream: At least it should have lots of Nick in :)

I didn't pick up on a cold....but George has a way of distracting me when I watch just because he's so gorgeous. I thought maybe he was still sportin some scruff in his first scene with Warrick.

I can't wait to see him and Brass playing babysitter to Drops. I have a feeling we're gonna find out Drops asks specifically for Nick to be there just so he can annoy him to death

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back