"A Thousand Days on Earth" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 5, 2008.

1. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I am the same way, I won't skip it, cause I have to have my Grissom fix, and there is always the off chance we may get another GSR micro moment.

I tend to not like the Catherine shows. I'd rather they show off Greg or Nick if it's not gonna be Grissom.

I am going back to my happy GSR bubble. :)

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

pretty sad GSR fans are complaining about ONE episode, seeing as season 7 was one big GSR fest. Good lord, there are other characters on the show. If the case is good, it shouldn't matter the character featured, since CSI focuses mostly on the cases...

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks _Hush_ for sharing the link to the promo from Alex.

Wow if the promo is that powerful and emotion filled, I hope the ep follows suit. Though continunity hasn't always been a strong point, there is still hope.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I have no idea who said what to have you reply with this, but I agree with the one episode VS. one season bit. Catherine hasn't had her share of drama for a long time. The latest Cath!Drama I remember is Built to Kill. I'm aware that there has been a couple of Catherine-heavy episodes such as Leaving Las Vegas, but those were all case-centered. Considering season 7 and the first few episodes of season 8 had G/S going the whole time, then Greg and Warrick got their own drama, too, I'd say it's time for another Catherine-centered episode. It would be nice to see emo Nick, too, but I always love Catherine more. :D

LOL I still remember how people started criticize Catherine already before Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye even aired, which turned out to be a pretty nice episode that a lot of people actually liked. :p

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Actually she was very upset in the "Carp" epsiode with the nuclear waste in that lake, the last scene with Grissom & how she was so disillusioned, and was so down about the circumstances:(

6. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I don't really care which character the episode is centered around, just as long as it's a good old-fashioned let's solve the murder episode.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

^ Three cheers to that statement, ashlmorr3!

It's time to get back to the meat and potatoes of what the series was based. :)

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^^ That is very true. It's sad that we don't get that often now, though. And in the old time, even when an episode was centered around a certain character, it was still case-driven.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  9. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah in episodes now they do not use an even mix of all the characters. They usually focus on 2-3 and we are lucky to catch glimpses of the others.

The clips look good but you can tell it is definitely a Catherine centric episode.

11. hotmama

hotmama Victim

Wendy and Hodges are so real together! Great scene with Grissom asking Wendy questions - she is a natural. Sure could feel Hodges' frustration when Grissom went past him to Wendy.

12. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

woah, that scene was freaking creepy

13. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

I actually really felt for that guy at the end. He has nothing. No job, no friends. They killed his cat.

I feel like that storyline was a long-awaited acknowledgment of the pretty crappy ways the CSIs and detectives treat their suspects a lot of the time.

14. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

I'm all for the good old-fashioned crime solving episodes, but all I can say is, case wise... the writers need to come up with some new material. How many sibling-unintentionally-kills-another-sibling-and-parent-tries-to-cover-it-up episodes do they have now?

Nonetheless, it was a pretty good episode. From what I saw of it.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I cheered for Catherine (which doesn't happen often) when she asked Hodges would the death of the little girl be less tragic if she were homely (I know I don't have it exactly right).

I really like it when Catherine points out how some murders are treated as more tragic then others like she did with the show girl in season four. It shows that despite the luck she has in the looks department, she still thinks all victims of crime should be treated equally with respect.

I'm glad they brought that element of her out in this show. It's her best quality.