The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I haven't read the rules for a while, but from what I gathered, links aren't allowed... I could be wrong. -shrugs- And yeah, PG-13, but PG-13 a lot. I don't really think that anything's gone over the PG13, but I'm not a mod, so I could be wrong D:

candy - I mean the one for "A Thousand Days on Earth", I think - the one airing on the 10th in the US.

Katlynn - suggestive? I don't really know. :\ Uh. There was the anal swabs scene in S1 (was it the pilot? People good with titles/eppys, halp!). Haha, I don't do well with the subtext of this ship, I'm so horrid at even BEGINNING to really get into it - I just wait for these guys to jumpstart my brain. I seem to do better with people I DON'T ship, but that's completely off topic. Speaking of the chat, I toootally would have made it had I REMEMBERED. I don't even know what happened, I just completely forgot!

I think we just kind of feed of each other here. 8D There's so many different thoughts and it just gets you thinking from different viewpoints of a shipper.

Hmm... Had one of them been a girl, I definitely think that it would've gone differently. I think that the world is just so much happier to see a straight couple *except for people like us (that sounds like I'm bashing us shippers)* on TV than a gay couple. But you've gotta look at the context! Neither of them, from what I can remember, have said anything about a potential date, female or otherwise. o___O Now, I'm not saying that just because neither one of them have said anything about dating on the show means anything (that aspect of their lives doesn't seem to be touched upon very often), I'm just saying that if TPTB were REALLY intent on messing with the N/G shippers, they would have introduced some sort of female character, or at least said something to get us off track (Kind of like what Nick said in the S7 episode of whatever, "I don't think it's a good idea to date someone you work with..".

Although, I've gotta say, if I were a TV station or even just writing for a TV show, I'd want a pretty diverse fanbase and I'd try to strive to get that. And besides, CSI: may lose some viewers by outing these guys, hell, even ONE of them, but think of how many more they'd gain! From what I've seen, N/G fanfic on FF.net has really shot up since last weeks episode, and even just LAST WEEKS, which wasn't even one of the slashiest episodes there could have been. I'm sure that if they'd out even one of the CSIs, ratings would shoot up. It's at least an interesting storyline that they could have fun with and actually raise their viewers, assuming they'd do it right.

Wow, that turned into something MUCH bigger than I expected.

Personally, if they were to do anything with a N/G storyline, I wouldn't want too much angst. :3 I think that someone on the show needs to have a little happy in their life, outside of work or at work. And if they were to break up, I'd hope they'd let it happen on good terms. I'd prefer to leave the angst in fanfic, kthnx.

SO! If they were outed, would you want it really really angsty and depressing that ended making you want happy!fic, or would you want it happy and FINALLY getting what they've been leading up to for years?

SO! If they were outed, would you want it really really angsty and depressing that ended making you want happy!fic, or would you want it happy and FINALLY getting what they've been leading up to for years?

That's really hard to say, for me anyways. As someone else pointed out (I can't remember who, I just got off work and my brain is dead. :rolleyes:) the subtext can be way better than just letting the whole world know. I am actually pathetic at spotting subtext (I watched Grissom's Divine Comedy and didn't spot a thing. Also in Bull I noticed nothing. *slaps wrist* shame on me!)
So, to stop myself from rambling, I'd have to say that I want those two boys outed as long as it was in a sweet, adorable, FLUFFY way. :angel:
Oh, and to everyone who said that the boys are more than just their sexuality, I completely 100% agree with you. They have their good and bad qualities and how they deal with life as well, and that's what drew me to 'em in the first place. I lovers Greggo and Nicky. *shnuggles them both*

Seabird~I am a BIG GSR fan and I totally agree with what you said.

As much as I'd like to see more subtexty moments for our boys, I cherish the ones the writers have given us. And even though I wasnt a Love shipper from the beginning, there are episodes that sometimes I will see for the fifth time and deiscover a new subtexty moment than before. And this is even after becoming a fan of the Love. Fannysmackin' and Greg's bi-sexuality or Nicky being the one to hit k-fed is an example. I think it can happen to even the Love fans that have been one from day one.

Not to flaunt, and make fun of me for this but when we all were praying for the 'one card' (in bull~ and shoot me if this is the wrong epi.) and either no one or very few saw. But thankfully I tape every episode this season (I'm a dork, I know. Proud of it too!:thumbsup:) and with the power of being able to play the tape in slow motion, I saw the one card!!!;):thumbsup::bolian::D:beer:

As for Nicky saying anything that could be considered gay, I do know of one poss. I believe that Jay was the first to notice this, is when Nicky says Giddy-up. Not necessarily used by only those who are gay. And Nicky is a texan, but it was more the way he said it then the word itself.

As for fanfiction stories~ sites and authors that have been mentioned are good. I all depends if you want angsty, romance, etc. Some other good authors that I have enjoyed that havent been mentioned are shacky20, serenity, ArtemisEmerald, Elle, & EvenStar. I could go on because I have many favorites for different reasons, so anyone I didnt mention that posts on here, no hard feelings, I love you all!

Any couple that has been together for a while start to mirror each other. I'm glad Nick and Greg are no different.
I was watching Stalker last night and I love when Nick is trying to get mad at Greg for photocopying the article, but he just can't stay mad at him. True love methinks.
I just think they are they are the most complex couple on the show.
Who do you think told the other they loved them first. My bet is on Greg and I think Nick would have freaked out.

Totally. My five bucks is on Greggo, and Nick would haqve seriously freaking out. But, then he would have gone home, and thought about his friendship with Greg, and realize that all those times, THEY WHERE FLIRTING! So, yeah, I'm betting on Greg's side...

-Lynn

So, I had this really nice long reply to everything you've all said, and before I could post it, the site logged me out. *sigh* I hope I can get it all right as I couldn't even copy it to paste it back it. So annoying. Anyway, on with The Love!

With the listings of fanfic and authors I think you've all hit the big ones. Though there is one more: DisasterousLetDown on WMTDB is a great writer! EvenStar posts on WMTDB but also posts her stories on ff.net under EvilMyst, and I think some of her N/G are not the same so check both sites, because she's got some really amazing work out there. lol, I could go on and on about my favs, but I won't. I will say this though, the wiki Defining Moments of The Love has a good selection of one shots supporting the boys becoming cannon so be sure to check it out! We need a lot more works of art and a lot more supporters! (The link is in my sig below!)

As for the subtext, I think, as I've said before, it's fun to hunt for it, but it would also be really awesome if they did come out. If we had a lot more obvious subtext mixed in with the not-so-obvious subtext and then the big reveal, that would be sweet. Having the reveal at the very end, while I'd like it to be earlier, could be good, as long as there's the obvious before hand, and it would also be cool because non-believers of The Love would be thrown for a loop, reaching the end and thinking they were right all along and we were wrong, when it's really the opposite! It would make my day. lol.
As for them coming out, I would want it to be a happy ending. Perhaps some angsty story lines here and there before the ending, but I would hope it would be happy. They've already had several unhappy endings with everyone else, what with Kristy dying(not that us Love shippers care much for her.), Sara leaving, and Warrick getting divorced... yeah, some happiness would be great, especially for my fav pair!
Now, about who says "I love you" first... it could go either way, because I think Nick's an old-fashioned romantic at heart. But also, technically, even if they aren't together yet, he's already said it! Remember in "Abra Cadaver" Greg signed "rock on" while Nick signed "I love you" in return? I just wish Cath had seen that exchanged because her reaction could be a significant clue to just how far their relationship actually is, you know? Ah well, just a thought.

LISTEN TO QOTU, SHE IS AWESOME!

lol. Yeah, Defining Moments NEEDS more people! That wiki is so dang small...makes me sad...*Crys for our wiki*

Yeah, I guess I can see it from two directions...but Nick being antsy about it, I can understand as well.

I'm always wanting to compare them to Jack and Ennis from Brokeback Mountain. Greg is Jack. The one who knows what he wants, and isn't afraid to flaunt his sexuality, but only if he has someone to do it with, you know? Then, there's Nick, whom is a lot like Ennis. More guarded, and sometimes even afraid of his sexuality. I keep on comparing them...

Hi, Queen! Long time no see, hun!

-Lynn

Remember in "Abra Cadaver" Greg signed "rock on" while Nick signed "I love you" in return? I just wish Cath had seen that exchanged because her reaction could be a significant clue to just how far their relationship actually is, you know? Ah well, just a thought.

I really do not remember this! Am going to have to go back and watch this one I think, is it around s3?

I would like a happy ending too but maybe something a bit angsty to begin with...and this is just my own personal ideal...but maybe Nicky would accidentally upset Greg, say something to him to make him think he didn't want the relationship. Someone, I think Catherine, would find Greg absolutely in bits and would start to get the whole story out of him, meanwhile Nicky is interviewing the partner of a guy who has been attacked and almost died...he says something to Nick about how all that matters is the person you love, whoever they are. Which of course gives Nicky a massive reality check and he races back to the lab to tell Greggo he loves him and he's sorry. In front of everyone. And that is how everyone finds out. Happy ending, yey!

Have I thought about this too much? ;) If I had the talent I would write a lovely fic about this very event.

Thanks so much for all the great tips re fics, will keep me busy for hours :D

Remember in "Abra Cadaver" Greg signed "rock on" while Nick signed "I love you" in return? I just wish Cath had seen that exchanged because her reaction could be a significant clue to just how far their relationship actually is, you know? Ah well, just a thought.

I really do not remember this! Am going to have to go back and watch this one I think, is it around s3?

First things first. Abra Cadaver is S3 and you must rewatch it because that scene is so worth it! And to make you want to watch it even more:
abra04.jpg

Can you see that grin on Greg's face :eek:? I bet he thought something like "What a dork, he can't live a day without telling me that he loves me" :thumbsup:

Another pic from the episode:
abra05.jpg

I would like a happy ending too but maybe something a bit angsty to begin with...and this is just my own personal ideal...but maybe Nicky would accidentally upset Greg, say something to him to make him think he didn't want the relationship. Someone, I think Catherine, would find Greg absolutely in bits and would start to get the whole story out of him, meanwhile Nicky is interviewing the partner of a guy who has been attacked and almost died...he says something to Nick about how all that matters is the person you love, whoever they are. Which of course gives Nicky a massive reality check and he races back to the lab to tell Greggo he loves him and he's sorry. In front of everyone. And that is how everyone finds out. Happy ending, yey!

Have I thought about this too much? ;) If I had the talent I would write a lovely fic about this very event.

Absolutely love the idea! I'd love to see them get a happy ending they so diserve it after everything that happened to them.

Another thing, and I'm almost ashamed to admit it but I found a screencap and I can't tell which episode it's from. So, please help me!!!!!:confused:
love1.jpg

If this helps, that's Nick's third season-to-fourth season hair. And, I can't exactly tell, but that's Greg's fourth-to-fith season du...I think...

lol.

I am getting ready to write the idea I got from Sara's Girl. I'll tell you all when I post!

-Lynn

I love this idea, it would be a perfect way to introduce the boys as a canon. I personally Catherine would already know and would be the best person for Greggo to talk to about his relationship with Nicky.

love_fan the cap is from 'Evaluation Day' from season one. Its form the scene where Greggo is telling Sara and Nicky about the peanuts on their victim or something. Its also my icon. I love that picture so much.

Love the idea girls! Now, if only you could fit that under 500 words I'd say definitely post it on the wiki... but I think the longer it is, the better it will be. But I love it, just the same. Can't wait to read it!

Hi Katlynn! Yeah, I know, I got a little busy, got a full time job now, even though it doesn't pay much, takes time away from writing about Nick and Greg, and from commenting here, it's still something.

And me being awesome... *blushes* I hardly think so... lol... I'm still getting over the fact that people actually like my writing and it's been almost a year since I started working on CSI stuff for The Love. wow... scary thought. Almost a year... I'll have to do something special when the date comes around! Could just be when I start that merman fic everyone wants to read, at the rate I'm writing these days, but we'll see. I do promise it'll get written though!

One of my favourite moments is in "Viva Las Vegas" when Greg is showing Chandra around the lab and Nick walks in completely filthy. They flirt a little, and then when Nick says he's going for a shower... I just love the smile on Greg's face when Nick says that. Nick almost slips an invitation into his comment about the shower, and you can just see that Greg would love to join him. I do like that moment.

Been a while since I watched it, mind. Really need to watch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back