The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #18

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Katlynn, I would have been so mad too - definitely so much more than 'those gay CSIs'! There is no hope for some in understanding the subtleties of the Love ;)

Regarding this ^^ if it helps, my mother is firmly convinced that there is 'something going on' (and I quote) 'between those two, they are always exchanging glances'.

She has definitely not seen any slashy websites or anything, so perhaps it's as obvious as we all think...in which case, come on TPTB, make it happen...

Also, loving the idea that Greg would wear Nick's scarf to make himself feel better..bless :)

Thanks for the welcomes guys, what a friendly thread you are xx

2. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

AW! THANKS, Sara's girl! You're a sweetheart!

Now, I just have to convince my dad of that! lol.

-Lynn

3. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Okay those pictures made me laugh out loud. I haven't seen them in a while and I had forgotten how often they get close to each other. But my oh my are some of those pics hilarious, especially the one where Nicky is checkin' out Greggo. :guffaw:

^-^ My friend pointed that out to me and I totally agreed. Definite germ sharing here. I usually never get sick from people in my school, it's only my friends and family who infect me 'cause I see them more regularly.
    I think Greg's scarf was extremely adorable though. Warrick commenting on it and Greg's reply was priceless.
    Greg: Leave me alone; I have a cold.
    <3

4. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Nick & Greggo are so much more than their sexuality. It be like constantly pointing out Warrick being the black CSI or Cath being hetero CSI.

For those who have scene or read about the CSI game and that Nicky makes a comment about a gay bar on it. It was brought up on another site of CSI boards. TI became a thread, with it being something like is Nick gay.... And I know not everyone is accepting of homosexuality but some of the stuffed scared me that was said.

To me Nick is a Texan, former frat boy who is a dedicated CSI. He cares about his team. He fights for what is right. He is pasionate in what he does, esp. cases with kids being abused. I could go on but I basically rambled on in my response to prove that Nick isnt just gay, that there was more to him. Just like every other character is more than one thing.

In re-watching one of my favorite and hardest to watch episodes, Fannysmackin' I found evidence of Greggo being bi and that at least Catherine knows!

This is before the 'incident' as I call it and Greggo walks into the layout room where Cath is. And he spent the day in court testifying.

Cath: How'd you do on the stand?
    Greg: So good the prosecutor took me to dinner.
    Cath: Female?
    Greg: She was icing.
    *btw I have my own ideas what Greg meant by icing, but I wanted to know what everyone else thinks it means*

And love those screencaps.:drool::thumbsup: I may have to show them to my friend to get her to understand why I believe Nicky is gay. She's in denial. Its funny how some people easily believe Greggo is bi but not Nicky gay and others see Nicky gay easily but dont by Greggo being bi.

5. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

TOTALLY AGREE! NICK IS SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST A GAY CSI!!! AND GREG IS MORE THAN A BI ONE!!!

I think they find it hard to beleive because Nicky and Greggo are some of thier favorite characters! And, you know, to some people, bi is worse than gay. i mean, for pete's sake, swing one way, but don't swing both! (Not my thoughts on the subject, just so you know)

-Lynn

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh but True love- I do believe that Nick is gay and Greg is bisexual. Am I the odd one out lol, not surprising there though...

Sexuality doesn’t make the person who they are, sexuality helps to define who they are attracted to

Cath: How'd you do on the stand?
    Greg: So good the prosecutor took me to dinner.
    Cath: Female?
    Greg: She was icing.

Ahh, I’ve done my research and icing-…. That can mean when a woman takes a man’s product and uses it…. Turkey basting… (Cant say anymore as it’s a Pg-13 board!)

Ok just mail me and I will tell you.
    So, going by what I found….

Greg was having lunch with a judge who wants to have his or Nick’s baby… The evidence is there, just have to find it lol.
    Yeah I believe Catherine does know, and has known for a while, if not since day one… Why, well Catherine is a smart cookie, plus she has seen Greg check out Nick, Nick checking out Greg, she also was suspect in knowing well before everyone else did about Sara and Grissom.

Personally I think that Catherine and Hodges knows about Greg… Hodges suspects about Nick. Why, because Hodges is faking flirting with Nick that’s why… In my opinion, Hodges might have a bit of a crush on Nick… But in a straight metro -sexual way, probably Hodges admires Nick.

Grissom has suspected about Nick since the old times of his bad one night stand with the prostitute. Funnily enough, that’s when Catherine saved Nick’s career. Sara knows about them both, but like I said for different reasons…
    My views maybe wrong, they maybe right, but who can tell…

Oh just one more thing, can anybody find any conversations that either Nick or Greg has had that hints of their sexuality, for example, has Nick ever said faboo? Which is used prodomently by gay men...

Why you might be thinking, because I'm wondering has Nick and Greg been using words that are used within the GLBT community infront of our eyes... Just another way of not being subtexy.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  7. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I looked it up myself, yeah that is really weird. I wonder if Cath knew what he was talking about.

I argee. Catherine and Hodges seem to know more then they let on. Hodges most defiantly has a hereto man crush on Nicky. It may have to do with Nick's hero complex thing. He wants to be able to save people and have them live happily ever after. Heres some evidence.

Hodges: [on seeing Nick's shirt covered in blood] Have you been shaving with a broken beer bottle?
    Nick Stokes: No, no. Some drunk driver ran into a radio car at my crime scene, freaking idiot.
    Hodges: Yeah, I heard you pulled the freaking idiot's friend out of a burning car.
    Nick Stokes: Nothing was on fire, and I didn't pull anybody from anywhere.
    Hodges: Ah, so humble. You know some people are just destined for greatness.

Its hard to find some quotes where he is using what we call gay words but there is some evidence. But there are some intances where he seems to be covering up his sexuality and relationship with Greggo. Like here.

Warrick Brown: Hey, you were supposed to be ready. I don't know man. Maybe it would work out better if Tina was someone who did what we did. At least she'd understand the hours.
    Nick Stokes: Well, I don't know. I don't think it's a good idea to date someone you work with. You never really get to get away from work, or them the way you need to.
    Warrick Brown: You mean like you and me, Baby?
    Nick Stokes: Yeah exactly, Honey.

And then there is the thing with him telling everyone to get a girlfriend. Does that mean that hes trying to hide his sexuality from his coworkers? I don't know I might just be rambling.

Nick Stokes: [Archie was talking to Nick about a Star Trek episode] You need a girlfriend.
    Archie: You first.

And finally there is when they are talking about marriage in 'Rashomama' . Nicky says that a wedding is a "It's a public declaration of love.". Notice how he phrased it. He mentions nothing of it having to be between a man and a woman. Maybe hes hinting to Greggo. :)

8. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Hello all to those I know and those who are new! I wish I could have participated in the chat the other night, but my new work hours mean I can't. And I would have gotten on here sooner to talk about the ep, but a busy weekend turned into a sick weekend, so I'm curled up at home while I should be at work today. yay. lol. But, I'm relishing in the fact that I get to talk about Nick and Greg! hehehe.

I agree with all of your thoughts about the last episode. It was sooo cute that they were both sick together, and that scarf was adorable on Greg. I just assumed he was having the chills.

As for the question about Nick being female, yeah, it probably would have been more like a Sandle thing, though I'm sure TPTB would be quicker to make it cannon than The Love for that reason. And who knows, maybe it would have worked out and maybe I would have liked it, but I think Nick being a guy, just makes it that much more interesting. I mean, otherwise, we wouldn't have to hunt down the subtext, and I think it's kinda fun, even though I still really want them to become cannon.

*sigh* well, I'm off to go read some awesome fanfic about the boys to make me feel better. ttyal!

9. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Amen to that! :thumbsup:

candygirl1uk, Nick hasn't said words like "faboo". Not yet. :lol: But he called Greg "Doll" in "Bad Words" while touching his chest. According to experts in body language, flat palm on chest means "love".

"Thanks doll":

[​IMG]

Thanks for all those awesome caps, Wojo! I especially like this one:

[​IMG]

Looking at the boys in this scene, wearing similar haircuts, clothes, shoes, their posture....It's almost they are like mirror images of each other. Symmetry. If anyone here is a GSR shipper, then they will know that in the past, before they became canon, there were multiple references to symmetry in their relationship. And similarly to GSR, it seems to me the writers keep hinting at the Nick/Greg relationship.

I also love that, in the same scene, the boys kept exchanging glances over Grissom shoulder:

[​IMG][​IMG]

I've read on different boards that in a scene from "Grissom's Divine Comedy" Cath was taking a pic of Warrick's ass and this remindes me of what Greg did in "A La Cart": ;)

[​IMG]

Which leads me to think that, perhaps, it seems they're trying to handle Nick/Greg like any other het ship on the show...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  10. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

I sort of agree with this, having to look for the nice little moments is kind of what I like about it, but then again actually admitting/showing their relationship would be amazing :)

I really really don't get what a fuss some people make about the idea characters might be gay, though I suppose it's just the same as in life, people sometimes define individuals/relationships by only one of their characteristics and it upsets me :mad: if it works, it works, right?

*gets down off soapbox*

btw can you recommend any good fanfic sites/authors, I have been struggling to find any good ones recently...thanks xx

11. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Well, there's the always wonderful QOTU, known as QueenoftheUniverse on fanfiction.

And, there's our very own Twins1729. They have one of fanfiction, and two on the NIck and Greg fanfiction site.

Then, there's His Little Labrat. She's a doll. I really like her one story, "Presence" (I should, I'm betaing it for her) In which Nick and Greg are Demon hunters, looking for the demon that killed Nick's parents and Greg's girlfriend (Neither of us like her.)

There's Latrat Love. She does really good with smut. and we all love ze Nick/Greg smut here, correct? lol, jk.

And, there's Mickylover. I can't think of anything by her off the top of my head. But, she's really good and I like a lot of her stuff.

Krysnel Domeri Nicavis. THE best MPreg author this side of the Pacific!

And..tha'ts who I can think of at the moment!

Hope that helps. You can find these people at www.fanfiction.net, go to search and type in the names provided! Or, some are at www.nickandgreg.com, better known as, "What makes the Desert Beautiful."

So, hope that helps in your search, Sara's Girl!

-Lynn

(Would I be tooting my own horn if I said I'm pretty good too? Probably...)

12. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Y'know, maybe the writers DO know what they're doing. I'm thinkin' I should give them a little more credit. Hey, they could give even less and cut out any scene they may have together, yeah? And even if they never become cannon because that's not what they wanna do, there's at least the subtext. :3 And subtext can be better than flat out saying something, yeah? And as much as I appreciate the subtext we DO get, I'd like a little something, you know? Even offhandedly that doesn't get brought up again. Just something.

But I'll take what I can get. 8D

So, let me be blunt: what's the next eppy supposed to be surrounding? And why did the promo (that I cannot understand for the life of me) make me feel like I should sit in a corner and cry?

Fanfiction? Oh, there's a bunch. There's also a csi-forensics site that has N/G fanfiction (I ALWAYS forget the site address, but if you just put it into google it'll bring you there), it's got a lot of different pairings (unlike WMTDB where it's just N/G), but from what I remember it's got a bit of N/G too. Oh! There's the subtext is everything LJ, too 8D

On wmtdb Kiekster Banjo's pretty much awesome. QOTU is awesome, too. :D Wojo and Clarrisani. Catlover2x... A lot of people I can't remember right now. And MsMaggs has a huge huge HUGE fanfic at her site and at ff.net, and she's got some oneshots that are definitely worth reading too. This fandom has a lot of good fic, I'm really glad to be a part of it. 8D Majority of the time, you've just gotta click and you find TEH AWESOME. Hehe. Oh, I just read one on ff.net the other day...But I can't remember it to save my life. xD All the people Katlynn said are great too.

So I'm sure a lot of us have read the whole "wear a scarf to cover the hickeys" fics, right? Why has someone not applied that to Thursdays eppy?! Now, I understand Greg was sick... But if Nick thought he was getting sick, would that not work out? Greg with scarf, Greg sick... Nick thinking he's sick... Nick getting sick... Oh, my mind. It gets me good.

By the way, I loved his scarf. 8D

13. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

I agree. As I was saying on the live chat for the episode on thw Wiki, "Greg,a re you hiding more than chills under that scarf?" lol. Though, I think you're the first one to suggest that here!

-Lynn

14. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Everyone just remember the rules... Three lines per post regarding the characters of Nick and Greg and their relationship.

Also remember as this is a pg-13 board any references to adult themed sites shouldn't be mentioned via the board, but maybe via personal messages....

Correct me if im wrong.

Sucker for a smile- what promo? was it for the one that Nick and Greg and Grissom was ill?

It should be airing tonight, yay cant wait.

Ahh thanks Seabird- once again you have came up trumps with the old photos of the visual evidence for the love.

Yeah the whole "doll" word- which is a reference to someone who is beautiful and sweet... A term of endearment used for a nice or attractive person. So Nick likes Greg... He finds him attractive lol

also for this- term of greeting for stars of silver stairwells and red eyed carpet tiles; approved by homosexualists everywhere....

I cant wait to see the episode, but when I do, I shall be posting my thoughts about the love...

15. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Can I ask you people if there has been anything suggestive in the subtext of the show? I'm talking like, something that only people who are best friends or closer would do. Say, Greg drinking out of the same soda bottle as Nick or, visa versa? Just asking! Because I'm not great at catching things like that!

thanks!

-Lynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.