Grissom & Sara #32: With Every Beat of My Heart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

Re: Grissom & Sara #32: With Every Beat of My Heart

I forgot about that! He didn't give his usual greeting of, "Grissom." AHA! In fact, all the CSI's always answered their phones like that every time except for this time and, "Hello, Gilbert!" AHA! WOOHOO! EUREKA!

But what's on the pajama pants???

2. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

i didn't see the episode yet.. i will see sunday, but i saw some videos....
    i loved the end, sure, i wanted Sara's name or photo ( ID) on the cellphone, but was HER... awwwww you saw on the Grissom's eyes , him smile, was perfect!!!

i kind Sad about deleted scene, i had hope was joke, but ...well, at least we saw the scene
    anyway, i listen so many good things about the episode, i can't wait!!!

and a lot Grissom is always great... but sure, i miss Sara!!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hi IloveBilly waves~~~nice to see you, and here's a thought to ponder, some fans on the *spoiler* thread think it was Cath [she would have burst into his apt] or that Maddie calling.. get a clue folks' right? I just think the writers should have had him say "SARA" damn:klingon:

[​IMG] on his fridge, where he can look at it from his kitchen table:drool:

And hellogilbert I love you icon of Bruno/Hank!

4. hellogilbert

And yet, as much as I would have loved the confirmation, it's kinda appropriate and sweet that he didn't say anything but, "Hi." in THAT voice that just dripped with familiarity and loooove and , well, ya know what I'm talkin about! Sniff.

New random thought- I think I know why Bruce Willis divorced Bonnie Bedalia in Die Hard(s) THe NERVE of the woman! "Gilbert" she says..."BITCH!" I scream at the TV. Among other things. *cough* Oh, shit, no pun intended with that line about Cath, funny though it was!

It's not techinically my icon- I stole it from somebody or other- so sue me!

5. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

hey desertwind!!!! how are you?

was Sara..was Sara..

i already listened Butterflied was about Catherine..everyone see what want, but sometimes you know what is the true.....this is the case, in my opinion.
    i bet they (writers) had this "brilliant" idea (i can blame CM for that) for give more "mystery" or in the others words.. what ppl talk about..
    i don't have doubts was Sara..
    the whole scene scream Sara..
    what i didn't understand was the deleted scene..
    anyway..
    i feel they play with us...afffffff

6. JorjaAnn

JorjaAnn Hit and Run

Wow, I really need to stop taking these mini-hiatuses. Too much speed-reading to get through all the posts.

Ahh, where to begin?

Let me say, I was a little disappointed that Catherine's dress-up detective scene didn't air, but i'm glad that it was posted here so I could watch it. I really like that sweater on her...I think I'll steal it.

Another thing: that final scene, where Gilbert [yes, I am allowed to call him Gilbert :)] answers the phone all smiley after a long hard day? I.CRIED.MY.EYES.OUT. Not even joking; just ask my dad :D That whole thing was just played out beautifully. Screw the antis; I think we all know the real ship here.

Finally, here's my take on the S8finale leading into S9 and JORJA'S RETURN!! Just a little wishful thinking here, folks:

The case is finally solved, happy happy, joy joy, confetti and bubblegum cigars all around. Gilbert checks his watch and, oh snap!, he grabs his coat and heads for the door!
    Catherine: Hey, Griss, where you goin'?
    Warrick: Yea, man, we was just about to celebrate!
    Jim: He'll be back, don't worry. Trust me, you couldn't stop him if you tried.
    Warrick: What the hell's that supposed to mean?
    Gilbert: [yelling as he heads out the door] I'm going to the airport!
    Nick: [slightly confusified] Whaa...?
    Catherine: [being female, has it already figured out :D] Ohh...
    [fade to end credits]

mehh. It will be revised, I'm sure.

7. hellogilbert

[​IMG] HAHAHA! Take THAT, "Bitch who is not Sara but who dares call HIM Gilbert." (Yes, that is your new name, Bonnie Bedalia. I did love you in Die Hard 1 and 2, but our love has come to an end.) Anywhoo- found this icon by majox (http://majox.livejournal.com/10995.html#cutid1) and started laughing. I shall now take it for my own. *giggles maniacally*

8. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I totally agree with you...One of the major continuous plot elements of GSR is under-under-understatement
    I watched that scene about 10 times already and I keep melting every time he says "Hi".
    Did I already mention how much I love that cut from the scene with the DDA (his dreamy smile when she mentions the word "soulmate"...we all know where his mind wanders to, so we have Sara on our minds), and then the phone scene.
    To me there's ab-so-lute-ly no doubt left who he's talking to. But that's just me...and the reast of the people on this thread I guess :lol:

*goes back to preparing a friend's birthday party with crime scene tape as decoration*

9. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I loved how he tuned out any information that didn't have to do with the case, like all of Maddie's remarks. In the deleted scenes, he knew Catherine was going to snoop, but he let her have her fun hoping that she would be satisfied and wouldn't ask any qeustions, but she did.I wanted the deleted scene to be in there. This episode was the first episode that I actually watched after Sara left. I catually enjoyed it. I didn't really like the case. Actually I didn't pay attention to the case. My favorite scene was the very end when Grissom is on the phone with none other than Sara. After a hard case, he goes home. Then his phone goes off and he's hoping that it is not a call to go back in to work. Then he looks at the caller id and the name on caller id made him instantly happy. Do none of the Anti-GSR fans remember the scene where Grissom is talking to Sara and he says "you make me happy". Who else can take all of the stress that he has away. I started crying at that scene. She makes him laugh and he is comfortable. It is evident that they talk often. I wonder if she calls him everyday. I love this thread. I miss Sara but as long as they have scenes like that, I will be okay. Did anyone else notice that he is growing a beard again? I wonder what Sara would say. Maybe he is growing it out so she could come home and he could show her how much he trusts her again.

10. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

You guys don't really think she was trying to flirt with him do you? I didn't get that at all. I took that comment as the friendly banter of really old, good friends. Besides, she said you're either a perfect (so something like that) enabler or my soul mate, and then LIT UP A SMOKE. That was what she was reaching for when she said it, her pack of cigs. That was why it was a joke, get it? And as for the "Gilbert", I assumed that he used to go by Gilbert in SF when he was a teacher, (To the other teachers, staff etc), and that maybe when he first got to LV he still did, to some equals like that, but as he got promoted the newbies would have felt weird calling their boss Gilbert. But Sara knew him back in SF so she would do it as a little thing between them. I wouldn't get mad if any older people called him that. Brass calls him Gil all the time and not one of us bats an eye at it. right?
    Anyway, I liked the show. Not so much the case ,which I thought was a little lame, but I'm just so happy to see the characters back together, they seemed to have the great kind of banter that we haven't seen in a long while. But really, in what universe do any of you think that ANY man, especially one that took eight years to go one the first date with a woman, would dump JORJA FOX FOR BONNIE BADELIA??? :guffaw: Seriously, I don't think so.

11. Desertwind

You fans all are right on and you all make me laugh, so many ideas, but we're boned and fused together where their concerned.. and I agree with you bengali13 I said that to an old male friend once, "your the only one who never lets me down" so that's that:cardie:doesn't mean diddly in his world, so if you don't want to get furious and scream, don't go read the "Grissoms Divine Comedy" thread.. these fans actually think it could have been Hodges or Lady Heather:scream: is that a stretch or what? P-L-E-A-S-E-talk about denial and absurd.. oh well, sad in some respects:( we all know it was SARA[​IMG]

12. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Hay, I'm back!!!
    *silence*
    And I don't know half of you.:( Whoa! Look at all of these smileys!
    Anyways. I'm chocolate bunnys, I left here about 9 months ago, for various reasons. But now I am back! Adzix made me...:p

I enjoyed Thursdays episode it was nice.

Anyways lets see if I can figure out what we are discussing now. Who was on the phone with grissom? Honestly I am not the least bit surprised that people will say that, its the nature of fandom. I watched it and I am thinking 'Who is that on the phone? are we supposed to assume its sara?' Kinda confusing.
    Honestly people think it was hodges on the phone?
    Hmmm. Something wrong with that.

That was my fairly short re-introductory post
    ~Choco

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Oh my gosh! All the oldies are coming back out of the woodwork! *waves* This is so cool!

I think the strike was a blessing for TPTB in terms of GSR, honestly, and for us as well. Sure, angst is fun and all, but getting Gil from where he was in Lab Rats to where he was in Grissom's Divine Comedy is a tough thing, and what the strike did was allow TPTB a freebie. We got a four month break, and so did Gil and Sara.

And, what that allowed TPTB to do was similar to what they did with getting the two together. We know it happened, but they didn't have to screw up our vision of how it would happen perfectly. So, Sara and Gil are talking fairly often, and they're stable in their relationship. They must have long conversations for Gil to settle in like he did, and that's comforting.

I don't know about Gil, but I'm not a phone person. I hate talking on the phone, but when it's my loveyby (Matt), I can talk forever!!

So, I actually think TPTB used the strike wisely in terms of our beloved pair! They still love one another and they're not separated, and they're still together despite the distance separating them! I really hope she's wearing his grandmother's ring! :)

14. Desertwind

Hi chocolate_bunnys ~~waves~~ wow, long time no hear from, some fans have jumped this ship or gone to other areas.. as Grissom said in "Feeling The Heat" "I don't get people" whatever, it is absurd of what some fans think..but it's their problem.. he always answers "GRISSOM" and never would smile if these other people had of called, and CM did say, 'resolution' on them, but they did need to make it clearer, why couldn't he have just said "SARA":borg:a couple of caps from "GDC' good ep. finally after so long 4 friggin' months:(

SICK GRISSOM

HELLO BABY

15. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Don't have much to say, but I wanted to say welcome back to Choco Bunny! Good to see you again.

I'm working on a new vid and I downloaded some clips from GDC to use, so I've watched the phone scene over and over again. Man, that is so Sara on the phone. And he just totally relaxes and settles in for a nice long convo. So cool. *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.