Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I think you have the crux of it right there. I'm slightly disappointed, but I had convinced myself that there would be no Yelina last night anyway. There was a distinct lack of spoilers/promo pics to support the thought.

I think we keep watching for 2 reasons - old habits die hard and that tiny bit of hope, futile though it seems right now. I'm not sure if watching Liverpool is ever pleasant for me, unless we're 3-0 up! :lol: Or when Gerrard is surging forward. :D

Oh well, I'm strangely not bothered. Maybe because Miami has disappointed me for so long.

Hrockz, I still think feedback is worth it. We have nothing to lose by doing that. :)

2. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Well I guess you're right Luce the lack of spoilers and promos would have told us that Y only would appear for a short while.

Anyway I channelled my energy into updating my old fic so if anyone is interested here's the link:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?p=700327#post700327

Hope it helps cheer everyone up. :)

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Yep, we are die hard fans. :) And maybe exactly the 'don`t care'/'not bothered' part save us from big disappointed when it`s come to CSI Miami. ;)

Btw I too think that send feedback is worthy. After all the last few months there was a lot fans complaint re H don`t work in the lab or H lack of interaction with his team etc.. and now we had little improvement... so who know maybe TGTB try time to time to please us. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the fanfic update Hrockz. :)

4. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Well....................I brought a present that I hope will cheer everyone up. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I have lost all hope that tgtb will ever do anything else with H/Y. They just have her on occassionally to throw us a bone. Frankly, I think DC doesn't want to resolve that story line, because it would cut down on all the women and the emotional issues they bring H when passing through his revolving door. As far as DC is concerned, the H/Y issue has probably already been resolved. This is really the only reason I can think why things would be this way, especially since we know tgtb like to honor his requests.

6. silk

silk Prime Suspect

HEAVY SIGH! Loved the episodes for the action-packed-to-the-wall story lines. Loved the continuity they included with several old story lines. But WTF! Sorry, language! Yelina was in for what???? two seconds??? Hardly worth doing the hair and make-up for. (Hers, not mine!) Have to agree that this does not bode well for any H/Y future. But then again, there hasn't been much in the way of a past in recent history either so same-old crap since season three. Hrockz, you'll just have to keep everyone supplied with fantasy fodder.
    Two questions:
    1. If H/Y cease to exist...Y leaves the show completely, gets killed off, whatever...will this thread cease to exist too?
    2. Anyone know when the next new episode is suppose to air and if there are details about the story line?

That's all. I'm going back to my happy place in my mind where H/Y are about to get married(and other things) after he...what else? saves her from dire danger and disaster. Screw tgtb!

7. Lucy

I don't think this is the end for H/Y. ;) I have no idea where we are heading (and neither do the writers I suspect), but things are at a standstill. One could even argue than we're going backwards! However, as long as the Yelina character exists, there is hope. :) What worries me is that the H character is so dislikeable these days. He's so not worthy of her.

I think the next episode is in 2 weeks time, but I'm not certain. This thread will always be here, so there's no worries on that score. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Next week is basketball palyoffs so there won't be no episode then.

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I agree...as long as she's there, there's hope. I think the writers right now seem to be focusing on E/C and that puts H/Y on the back burner unfortunately. As far as H, if he gets any more "invincible", I'm not sure even Yelina can save him and bring back the old H. I thought we were getting him back in Ambush, but then the opening of All In shot that thought down.

I believe the next episode airs on the 14th cause next week is the NCAA basketball championship games.

10. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I too don't think it's the end for H/Y, just put on the back burner for now, like CSIz_4_H said, they're probably concentrating on E/C for now. Kinda sucks for me too cos I'm more for CaRWash :p I think we're just gonna have to hunker down and wait for H/Y to happen.... season 8 maybe?

Still H in a labcoat is something to be happy about.

silk we'd never cease to exist, don't worry, we'd be flying th H/Y flag high :D

I think we are going backwards Lucy. :brickwall: Y deserves someone better, let's hope Kyle decides to run off and H realises that the person who's always been there for him and his real family is Y and Ray Jr.

I think the reason for Y in the epy was the same as for Stetler, Valera etc, to increase viewership and give the new epys after the strike some weight, also to throw us a bone, keep us happy for now.

'Ambush' wouldn't have been so disappointing if the scene between H and Y was scripted better. I went to look through the screencaps again and if you forget the conversation going on between them about Julia, Rio etc, there actually were those familiar H/Y looks they both give each other, even from H. So I guess it still speaks volumes about the chemistry between those two, just the poor writting as always is the case.

Am home with the flu so my kids are at the sitter's, so I've got some time on my hands to go update my fic again, and hopefully supply some fantasy fodder like silk said ;). Hope everyone is happy about it!

11. Lucy

I agree that the looks were still there. David and Sofia almost can't fail to bring those to any scene that they share. Back-burner is definitely where we're at. I think the writers are still determined to give the H character lots of time to 'recover' from the death of you know who.

If the show continues for several more seasons (which it probably will), they will milk this for all they can. Season 8 sounds quite feasible at this rate! ;)

I hope you feel better soon Hrockz. :)

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yup, it's a great pity tptb aren't milking their talent. I wonder if back-burner is also because of Sofia's other show and her inability to commit more to the show?

Anyways I heard this song by Lifehouse, 'Broken' and I thought it's very apt for our dear H/Y.

The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep tonight
    Maybe it can stop tomorrow from stealing all my time
    I am here still waiting though i still have my doubts
    I am damaged at best, like you've already figured out

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
    With a broken heart that's still beating
    In the pain is there is healing
    In your name I find meaning
    So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
    I'm barely holdin' on to you

The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head
    I tried my best to be guarded, I'm an open book instead
    I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
    That are looking for a purpose, they're still looking for life

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
    with a broken heart that's still beating
    In the pain is there is healing
    In your name I find meaning
    So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
    I'm barely holdin' on to you

I'm hangin' on another day
    Just to see what you will throw my way
    And I'm hangin' on to the words you say
    You said that I will be ok

The broken lights on the freeway left me here alone
    I may have lost my way now, haven't forgotten my way home

I think the lyrics that go I am here still waiting though i still have my doubts
    I am damaged at best, like you've already figured out,
    and also, I tried my best to be guarded, I'm an open book instead
    I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
    That are looking for a purpose, they're still looking for life,
    are very very fitting of his post-you-know-who state. I just hope he gets over the death of her soon enough!

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Post S 3 we don`t have any H/Y development. Now H have new family and try to play saver again. But this time is not the same. Well at last the door for Yelina and Ray Jr. is still open... season 8 maybe? But with this Super H I`m not sure if can I wait so long. And coz of this I`m glad that TGBT play new story line re Eric/Call relationship. This stay good and truthful on the screen and keep my hope that Ann D. & Co. still can write some great scripts when it`s come to CSI Miami canons.

Thanks for this lovely lyrics Hrockz, hope u feel better soon.

14. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

15. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I understand your frustration, Silk. Seems like a long, long time since the chemistry between these two revitalized us, yeah? ;)

This morning I was thinking (why am I always mulling H/Y in my head?) about the smallest little comments by various people that could mean something in the long run, or just be red herrings. Like when the guy in 'Burned' said something like he wished she would look at him like that. And that meaningful pause this week when Y commented that H has never spoken to her about Rio. And even when Julia so passingly calls her 'your PI friend.' (Julia could suspect that Y is more than a friend, and just be telling H in this subtle way that she's not worried about competition. [cat fight coming? :lol:])

There's also the water that we've talked about, and the fact that Y is always in white. Even though there is such a sad lack of a Y presence, these are the things that keep us coming back. :) They could mean everything, or nothing at all. :lol: