The Challenge Guide Thread - Updated May 1/11

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Mar 11, 2008.

1. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Re: The Challenge Guide Thread

Yeah, okay, but you could do it with 20 icons/pics/whatever and then make the screenshot. This would work for people who don't have/want an Lj... ;)

2. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

OK, this way it'll work - but it seems to be as complicated as the other two options :lol: Oh well, whatever: take the option you like most. :)

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

No one will have to get a LJ to view the icons. I would put the icons on the LJ, post the link here.....you will view the icons on LJ and post your voting here. :wtf: I hope that made sense! :lol:

4. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

^^ :lol: Well I guess many things on the new board are complicated ;)
    Vera just wait and see what you'll get for acting like this :p Monday will come:guffaw:

@ Kat I know what you mean, I just thought maybe some of the people who run challanges don't have an Lj, which would make it impossible for them to make a screenshot there ;) :p

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Yep, we've thought of that too. Which is why we've labeled this as a 'temporary solution'. For now, each can do whatever works best for them, and we'll see how things go :vulcan:

6. Dragonfly

Because this is related to entering challenges:

In order to send a PM, you now need only 50 posts, and you have to have been a member for a minimum of 2 weeks. You must meet both of these requirements, not just one.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks for the heads up, Meg. :) That should help with the next go round.

8. Dragonfly

Update!

I've just been informed that you can now post 40 images in a post, rather than 20. This should help when putting up the voting, but the LiveJournal will remain available.

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

*does a happy dance* Thanks for the amazing update, Meg! :thumbsup:

That will defiently help me with the banner challenge. Not that I don't love the LJ account, but the coding over there doesn't like me too much. :vulcan:

10. CSI_Kat

well that helps for most challenges - which is great! - but not 100% for me. :( It will help with the 1x1 but not for Miami. I will still either have to use LJ or 2 posts......the last 2 Miami challenges were over 60 icons each. My Miami challenge average roughly 50 icons.

11. Dragonfly

Challenge Break!

Ladies and Gentlemen, as many of you have probably noticed, challenge entries have been way down lately. Because of this, Vera and I have decided that it's time for another challenge break.

As always, we are not doing this as a punishment. We just want to give everyone a break. What you do with this break is, of course, up to you :lol:

This break will last for One Month. Yes, a whole month. An exact date will be announced closer to the actual time. As always, the challenges that are currently open will be allowed to finish (this includes the final challenge of the LIMS).

This time, however, we have something new for you to do while you're waiting for the challenges to resume. Be on the lookout for the new thread ;) It will be up in the next day or two.

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

This actually comes at a bad time...I was about to go post the new challenge....guess I have to wait for an entire month.

Though the banner entries weren't down that much this past time. :(

ETA

The final numbers in the last challenge were 39...I hardly see that as a problem.

Though it would have been nice if the runners had gotten a heads up...like I said yesterday I didn't know what was going on until posting was about to start. Plus I had worked out everything so it would coincide with my corrent schedule.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  13. CSI_Kat

For me I have mixed feelings. My 1x1 challenge is still going strong. My entries for Miami are still over 50 - which I still feel is a solid amount. I only have 2 colors left for my color series. I hate to have to wait. However - the next few weeks will still be kind of hectic - so this may be a blessing in disguise for me!

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

.....Personally I am really happy at this news :D Now I cant be tempted into entering challenges while im meant to be studying :D

Im just glad I gave in and did the latest miami and 1x1 :D

15. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

hehe I think the challenge break came at just the right time for me...as much as I would like the challenges to continue I have a few exams, my cousins wedding is coming up and I'm going to a Paramore Concert in a couple of weeks -- real life is going to hectic so I glad that there's a break from the challenges for awhile