The Challenge Guide Thread - Updated May 1/11

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: The Challenge Guide Thread

If we could please everyone, the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen.

We apologize to anyone who's been inconvenienced by this, but we're doing what we think is necessary. We don't want people to burn out.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience. This isn't something we really planned ahead, it just felt like what needed to be done. But yes, perhaps in the future, we can find a way to give the challenge runners a bit more warning.

Thanks everyone for understanding :)

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

*jumps in* yes, I'm still alive! Just wanted to give an explanation about the short-termed challenge break, too.

Sara, also apologizes from my side, but as Megan said, we didn't want to roll-over anyone by our decision, next time there'll be a heads up, but we needed to act fast cause otherwise all challenges would've already started the next round again and we would have had to wait for June with the break - and hands down: by then the burn out syndrome would have infected even the hardcore icon makers ;)

Seriously, there WAS an decrease of participants in many challenges, and we don't mean only the last challenge round but also the the rounds before. What I've realized is, that we should remember ourselves again to have an eye on ALL challenge starts. Sometimes three challenges started in one week, and that's perhaps too much for some participants, so that some challenges lack of entries. And I address this to everyone, no special person, also to us mods. :)

And our decision to make a "full stop" and not only have a break for selected challenges is simple: we didn't want to put anyone at disadvantage :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  3. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Re: The Challenge Guide Thread ~ New Challenge Break ~ May 12 08

I think this is a sound idea and its pretty good timing, on my part. Entries have been little down for the general CSI icon challenge so this is a chance for everyone to catch up with some other things. (Plus, I need time to think up some themes :p)

4. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Aaaaalright, attention, everyone! :D

Here it is: the desperately awaited final countdown till the end of the Challenge Break!
    ALL challenges are open to re-start again by the end of next week, to be exactly from Friday, June 13th on, you'll be able to de-dust (is that even a word?? :p ) your graphic programs to jump into the next challenge. ;)

One request, please read, especially the Challenge Runners: keep an eye on the starting dates, make sure that not all challenges will start on the same day - be patient! Best would be not to start more than 2 challenges per week, just try to keep this in mind ;)

Thank you all for your understanding and patience *hands out cookies for everyone*
    and thanks again to Megan who kept us busy with her awesome "Gift Exchange Thread"!

So long!
    Vera

5. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Well I will be on vacation from June 17 - 23rd so my challenges will go up after I get back!

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Friday, the 13th, huh? ;) i may start the sign ups for LIMS during the weekend, but the first challenge will probably follow a week (or more) later. so i guess it's ok?

7. Dragonfly

^That would be fine, Adzix.

Have a nice vacation, Kat!

And yes, it's friday the 13th :p My favorite day.

8. Roosey

Roosey Captain

It'd be cool if I could put up the challenge right away next Friday, as I'm in the middle of my test week and I won't have any time during the weekend or a week later.

Roos

9. Dragonfly

If Friday works best for you, that's fine.

If you guys want to keep using this thread to work these things out, that's fine too. It may help, so feel free :)

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I planned to start the next banner challenge on Sunday morning (my brain isn't in the right week lol). Just a heads up to the other runners so we don't have a pile up that day. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  11. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I think Im going to start the General CSI icon challenge sometime the week after the starting day. Probably Wednesday :)

12. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Only one day left till challenges may start again in here, but meanwhile check out the new Icon Challenge in Misc! --> Challenge #31: Gilmore Girls ~ Join Now!

13. Dragonfly

In the first post, I put in a list of current themes and deadlines for each challenge. I'll try to keep this as up-to-date as possible, but you may have to give me a poke every now and then.

I encourage our challenge runners to look at this list before posting new challenges ;)

14. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

Animation Challange is missing in the list :)

15. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Done. ;)