Flack #8 - Flack, Don Flack

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Welcome to the eighth Flack thread! :D Yes, this season has given us many great moments, so please continue your discussion of all things Don Flack in this shiny new thread.

Continued from Flack #7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

[​IMG]

2. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

First to reply, woot! :D I love what you did with that picture, Elsie! ;) Look at him, all debonair and charming. *swoon*

I'm sure Mr. Elsie will look just as distinguished if he were to wear a tux. :p :lol:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Damn, that's a sexy pic of Flack! :devil: :D

There was an interesting discussion going on towards the end of the last thread, about Flack not showing any emotional after-effects of the bombing in "Charge of This Post" unlike Danny, who has showed a few signs of PTSD since "Snow Day" (someone brought up how he got upset when Mac got physical with a suspect).

I think Flack's made of stronger stuff than Danny, frankly. I also think the situations were different--Danny was brutalized by people, while Flack was essentially in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm kind of glad they didn't go with the whole "addicted to pain pill" route with Flack that they could have done...like so many other shows have. It was somewhat unrealistic that he didn't have any physical troubles at all after the bombing, but I guess some time had passed since it happened. This is unfortunately hardly new for CSI: NY--Danny and Adam's physical wounds were healed by the time the s. 4 premiere rolled around, and Hawkes was fine by 4x03 after being injured in 4x02 and needing a sling for his arm! Par for the course with the show I guess.

Either way, I think Flack's not the type to internalize something like the bombing. He strikes me as someone who is pretty together emotionally, so I guess it made sense to me that he didn't have any emotional breakdowns or troubles after the bombing.

4. Lessien_Tinuviel

That is very true, Top. Flack strikes me as a very sensible kind of person; whose head is screwed on very tightly on his shoulders. :D

I just don't see him developing emotional problems. I see him shrugging the injury off as an occupational hazard, par for the course of the job. I can also see him thinking that since he was fortunate to have survived the bombing in one piece (almost); he should look forward for the future, instead of brooding. ;)

He's like the Man of Steel; nothing ever gets him down. :D

5. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Congratz on the new thread. *yum-oh pic* :lol:

I should drop by and post over here more. Was lurking the previous thread only... haha.

I agree. But still, would Flack still flinch if there's explosions or booms nearby. After all, he was fell victim of a bombing incident first-hand. Poor guy almost lost his life.

What I want to know is if he remembers anything regarding that incident. Maybe that's where it affected him, memory loss of that event. I've seen people with that -- remembers everything until right before the incident and then when they wake up, they don't know what happened to them.

6. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Our Flack has a new thread, yay!!!! As provider of great escenes and images (aka. his screencaps), he really do deserves it!

Great picture, Elsie, he seems to be the target of the camera behind him!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

7. Lessien_Tinuviel

The explosion at the end of Snow Day didn't seem to have an effect on him. As you remember, he was even smiling at the end when Mac walked off with Peyton.

That might explain my earlier point, about the explosion in Snow Day not having an effect on him. Or maybe he didn't have a reaction to it, because the writers' forgot to write it into the script. :rolleyes: Or maybe he really doesn't remember what happened to him. If so, why didn't the explosion in Snow Day trigger any memories? But I guess the continuity fairy is on a permaenent vacation, as always. :p

8. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Scrumptious pic, Elsie. He does clean up very well indeed! :devil:

It would be nice to know something, anything. It wouldn't be surprising under the circumstances if he remembers going into the building and then nothing until the hospital. That's pretty common with traumatic injury. It would be hellishly confusing to wake up in hospital, in pain, and not know how you came to be there.

I wonder if not remembering the bombing would make his recovery easier or more difficult?

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

^ If he didn't remember anything about the bombing, it must have been a shocker to see himself for the first time without his bandages. If he remembered, he'd be, "Damn, a bomb blew my stomach and I nearly died. Am I lucky to be alive or what!" If he didn't, he'd be, "Wha? I got blown up by a bomb? I don't recall anything like that. Did that really happen to me?"

And then he sees his scars in the mirror, and I'm sure it'd be one giant dose of reality that'll boggle his mind for a while. He's a tough guy though. Obviously in the 1 1/2 months between being hospitalized and going back to work, he must have come to terms with the new additions to his body.

However, if he's the kind of guy who doesn't give a damn what he looks like from the neck down, then I guess he'd probably just go, "Hnn. All in a day's work." :lol:

10. BlueDemon

BlueDemon Dead on Arrival

Sadly they never showed us more about how Flack coped after coming out of hospital.
    Then I read the third CSI NY book "Deluge" and there was it. Not much but a little bit about how Flack felt and coped. At least something. :)

11. Lessien_Tinuviel

Yes! :D I read Deluge too, I was so happy that there was a mention of Flack coping with his injury, no matter how short it was. Woot. I don't remember what the author wrote exactly, I'm gonna have to re-read the book again. :p

12. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Last Night, I saw an episode - "what comes around"......I think. The aftermath of the Clay Dobson case.

I really liked the bar scene with Danny & Flack.
    They should definatly feature 0ne-on-one scenes in the new episodes.(well some thing like that anyway)

The episode aired at 7:00 & 10:00 p.m - I watched the episode twice just to see that scene. There were a lot of good Danny/Flack scenes in that episode.

13. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Wow, thread number 8. Great pic, Elsie! :)

I agree that perhaps Flack couldn't remember what happened to him in Charge of This Post. That's why he hasn't any lingering emotional trauma from it as seen in the last scene from Snow Day. He may have the physical scars as a reminder but other than that, mentally he is fine. I've had first hand experience, well not as dramatic as a bomb explosion, mind you...I've had an accident when I was younger, cut myself up pretty badly but I don't remember anything that happened. I have the physical scars but none of the mental trauma. Better that way, I guess.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm glad you all like the picture. It was the best I could come up with at 7am. :D

And great continuation of the discussion Top. :) I also believe that Flack probably can't remember. To me it would seem feasible that he would have developed a great coping mechanism which enabled him to block painful memories, the mind certainly can work that way sometimes. Even Flack, who might fairly quickly heal from his physical wounds (although nowhere near as quickly as we see on screen) and with his strength of character and matter of fact attitude, he would probably need some help to deal with the affects on his mental health. It would have been nice to see him flinch, even slightly, at the sound of an explosion...

If I recall correctly, Peter Lenkov said, in his interview, that there had been some scenes from the beginning of season 3 that had Flack talking about what happened, at least there was more than the twenty seconds on screen that we got. I really want to see that footage, I wonder what it was like and what Flack's feelings or coping mechanisms were.

MrElsie owns a tux and we have been to our fair share of black tie dinners. I am happy to report that he scrubs up well, so to speak. But Don Flack he is not... :p

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^Aww, but Flack didn't put up with crazy fangirls in LA this summer, so I think that's a point in MrElsie's favor. :p

Wow, thread number 8--that means more than seven thousand posts about our favorite homicide detective. I love the graphic in the opening post, too. He's so pretty. :lol:

I wonder how many threads are full of us wishing they'd bring up Flack Sr? :lol: Because that's what I just thought: 'Let's see, what do I want to say about Flack? Hmm, what do I want to see...Flack Sr, of course.' :p

I'd also love to see Gavin Moran make another appearance. And, of course, the mysterious brother Flack mentioned in "Time's Up".

This might be random, but maybe the reason Flack is the Jr instead of his (possibly, not definitely) older brother is that they have different fathers. You know, like their mom was married before or just had a kid before she married Flack Sr, and even though Flack Sr raised the boy as his own, he's still not technically a Flack--might have caused some tension in the Flack household...

Anywho, moving on... :lol:

Oh yeah, that was a great scene. It was nice to see them acknowledge that these two are friends outside of work, and show that Don is the one Danny turns to when he is having doubts--and that Don is there for him. It's a great friendship, I love it. :D *glances at signature banner and winks* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.