Flack #8 - Flack, Don Flack

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

:D Yay for the new tread!
    What I want? Background. U know, the real stuff, not the I has a girlfriend. :p The parents, the brother his friends, a more 3D Flack.

And I don't know why I pictured the bro being older, and being dad's favorite, while Don is mom's baby! [​IMG]

2. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

On the subject of Flacks brother(s). Well maybe he has two older brothers who are twins, and because of that neither of them would have gotten the Jr.I love speculating. Or maybe Flacks mom absolutely refused to name her first child after him, and said they'd have to wait for the next one. Oh how I love speculation!

I also wish there were more Danny/Flack scenes like the one they had in the bar. That was a great scene, it was nice to see them really connect outside of work, rather than just have it mentioned.

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yeah, I always did assume Flack's a single child because of his name. Usually it's the firstborn son who gets the junior name, right? If Flack's the younger brother and he gets daddy's name ... how would his older brother(s) feel about that?

And about the Danny/Flack bar and pool scene in 3x23, yes, that was a lovely scene that showed genuine connection between the characters outside of work. :) I think it came across so well because of the genuine friendship between Danny and Flack too.

4. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

Or there was a full out brawl between the grandparents and mommy's side won. And with Don the parents went nuh-uh, you named the first one... this ones ours. We don't want another Patrick Gerald Flack. :cool:

5. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Someone had mentioned,a while back, that it was an Irish tradition to name the first born son after the grandfather and the second born son after the father.

I guess if he was the youngest and was the one who was named after his dad, then maybe to some extent there would be jealousy coming from his brother(s) and that's why he would endure every one of his/their insults...

Speculation is so fun, I'm getting so in to this! :p

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

^ Awesome! Thank you for that info. :D I love learning new stuff.

So, is grandpa called Don Flack, Sr. Sr.?

Just joking, guys. :lol:

This being the Flack thread, let us show some pictures of our beloved homicide detective!

[​IMG]

Aw, from the good old days of season one. I believe this one came from the episode, Rain.

[​IMG]

Same episode. Flack all wet. :devil:

And lastly:

[​IMG]

From one of my favorite season one episodes of all time, Blood, Sweat & Tears. Here he's smiling away at Danny after Danny stuck his head in the garbage chute and almost got clunked by a falling garbage bag. :lol:

And yes, Flack was smart enough to wipe the smile off his face the instant Danny turned around all annoyed. :lol: ;)

7. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

^Hehe! I love that scene too! :D To Flack's credit, I would've laughed too. Heh.

I agree, it might be possible. ;) I really, really wanna see Flack Sr. come on the show some time, and hopefully he can shed more light on that mysterious brother. Are TPTB even planning to run with that little bit from "Time's Up" and actually make it official canon? :confused:

8. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

LOL

And here 3 caps from Murder Sings the Blues when Flack, again, laughs at Danny's pout!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

yay great pictures! S1 Flack, I remember him! With the leather jacket and the longer hair. I like him now better. But season 1 Flack was great! I need to watch murder sings the Blues again, I don't quite remember that episode.

lol Don Flack Sr,Sr. Now that's a lot of Don Flacks. Hmm... wait if his dad is Don Flack,and he is Don Flack... What do you suppose he was called? I'm sure his parents didn't call him Flack, and I'd assume that his dad was Don.

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

^ Donny T-1000. :p

Can anybody guess where the following pictures comes from?

[​IMG]

Yeah. That really is his real hair. :lol: BOOF!

11. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

wow where did that come from? Is it recent or older.

and Donny T-1000, what a catchy name!

12. Lessien_Tinuviel

If I'm not wrong, that's from an audition clip of Miracle? :D He looks so young and cute in that pic! *ogles*

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Those caps of Flack laughing at Danny are so cute. :lol: I love the friendship between those two--Flack clearly enjoys working with Danny so much. It cracks me up because of the two, Flack is the funny one--he's the one with the witty one-liners and quips, but Danny just seems to amuse him to no end. It's cute.

I like the theory that Flack probably doesn't remember the bombing--it's one I agree with. He didn't flinch in "Snow Day" but I wonder if he was on some sort of adrenaline high from rescuing Danny and the other hostages and then rushing right to another crisis.

I'm still not totally convinced Flack is the younger brother, though I know most people (and Eddie!) think so. But if he is, it's possible Mama Flack got to name the oldest Flack boy after one of her male relatives, maybe her dad. And Papa Flack got the second son to name after himself. I'd be happy to see any member of the Flack family! :D

14. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Well, either or. Easier -- because he doesn't remember. He wouldn't be all scared and traumatized. Doesn't have to live through that again if someone asks him what happened. More difficult -- knowing Flack, he's this strong and collected guy and he doesn't want people pitying him. If not knowing how he landed in the hospital with a huge hole on his tummy and then these people started "Oh poor Don", he wouldn't want that.

Remember Nick, and how he flinched when a bug crawled up his arm. It was a short solo moment but at least it showed continuity (which obviously, these CSI:NY writers lack).

Yeah, I want to see Flack Sr, too. Hmm... who would be the best actor to play him?

I have a classmate who is a middle kid of 3 boys. And he got the Jr. Idk... :lol:

15. Lessien_Tinuviel

I've always imagined Flack Sr. to be someone with a real imposing frame, about Eddie's height, dark graying hair , blue eyes (maybe) with a real intimidating presence. He is, after all, an NYPD legend (according to Gavin Moran).

Does any actor come to mind that might fit that description? My brain is not coming up with any names right now...

Maybe they can get a real "name" actor this time. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.