"Leave Out All the Rest" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

True. But I like it. Because of the episode title, I thought the ending was just it that they gave up solving the crime and no more resolution. The song by Linkin' Park is great. One of my favorites right now.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I liked this episode and admried Lady Heather for directing him on the right path, and it worked. He knew what he had to do, and is now a happily married man, even though he's gone, it's still a go, and hopefully we'll see him in S/11 with his wife Sara:p

3. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I can't help but watch this episode everytime it's on. I LOVE how they used Linkin Park's song as the title & then throughout the episode. It perfectly describes what's going on between Griss & Sara.

It's true the case wasn't big & it really didn't go anywhere, but just the fact that we got to see Lady Heather again. I really admire her & I'm glad she was able to help Grissom. It's good that he can trust her, confide in her, and just let go.

I have Sara's vid memorized :D It just makes me so sad to know how much it's hurting Grissom. Thank god things have changed since then :)

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

UGH, according to my DVR, we are not seeing that. We (in the Seattle area) are getting a two hour 48 Hour Mystery.

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

:confused:

I saw it on the TVGuide CSI listings early this week, their usually right :confused: you got me, maybe CBS switched the schedule since it was shown on Spike earlier in this week

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yep, that's what my TV listings are showing, so I'm going to go ahead and unstick the thread. If it happens to show up anywhere and someone wants to discuss it, feel free to post. :)

7. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

Rewatched this episode last night; I do agree with your comment regarding character study part. Grissom was really in a terrible state of mind and he went to LH for whatever the reasons -- let it be for her insight on the case the team was working on or he simply wanted to be with a friend. (Did Grissom have any real friend(s) outside his workplace? Acquaintances? For sure; Friends? Probably not.)

I still think it was a big mistake for CSI to let LH go mainstream. It's just very hard for me to take her seriously as a sex therapist! (Between TGTB&TD and LOAR, she studied and became a fully licensed sex therapist?! I am still not sure what Jacqueline Hoyt, the script writer, had in mind when she penned the script.) Grissom probably was in need some human contact if not animal comfort when he went knocking on LH's door. LH, on the other hand, to me, anyway, seemed still as manipulative as ever. Her mannerism and the things she said do make me feel she's rather good at further messing up Grissom's already muddled brain. Besides, what was the reason for her to ask if she was his secret?

As for what could have happened after she closed the door, I do think she got into bed with Grissom. I am not sure if Grissom was up to it, I have no doubt she wouldn't hesitate to go for what she wanted. (Yes, having sex with LH would be different from spending a night with a hooker. At least, LH wouldn't charge him for doing the deed.) So in the end, I do feel sorry for this supposedly strong character. Again, she's nothing but being used as a plotwagon in this episode. After all, Grissom didn't choose her as a life partner; he left everything and everyone behind to look for Sara in Costa Rica. (How did he know she was there?)

Jacqueline Hoyt's Sara was done in character. Sara basically sacrificed her own happiness to set Grissom free. So it echoed well with the Sara I know from the old episodes. She never tried to change Grissom. She always let him be. And she loved him for what he was.

I think it's so beautiful that two imperfect and down right flawed characters could find love in each other. I offer my sympathy to the GCR and GLH fans for not being able to have their fantasies realized. As for the fans keep on beating on the 'Sara has serious daddy issue' drum, all I can say is try to read the Petersen/Chicago Tribune interview published in 2009. The followings are in Petersen's own words:
    ".....And I think that’s what’s interesting to me, and always has been, which is why I never wanted the relationship to go away. I wanted the, I think Jorja and I both wanted this thing, we know we have chemistry and we know we can play off it and we enjoy it. It’s just like in any relationship, if you run into somebody where that feels right for, you don’t want to give it up, so you do things to protect it." After all, Petersen did mention in one of the DVD extras that of all the people in his --- Grissom's --- life, she is his heart; Sara is Grissom's heart.

Anyone recalls Sara's reply when Finn talking about it's easier sometimes to keep it ---relationship--- fun, not so many disappointment? Sara replied: " Well, it's true. But then you never get to make a real connection with someone. I mean, to be with somebody who really gets you, who loves you for who you are. I don't know. I think it's worth the risk."

beachlady likes this.
  8. beachlady

beachlady Victim

Just don't think Grissom would ever be able to remove all that tight clothing in the shape he was in!! And she didn't even fold the covers back for him -- he's just on top of the covers, depressed, and sleepless. Do you think sex with the whipper woman would put him to sleep? LOL! Give him nightmares more likely!
    And Sara was/is his heart--why wouldn't that include sex?