"Leave Out All the Rest" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 1, 2008.

1. lucas_csi

lucas_csi Victim

I don’t think that Grissom slept with Heather (Sex) because is out of Grissom character.
    Grissom said that "sex without love is pointless and sad".
    And we know that Grissom loves only a woman: Sara Sidle. :)
    In 7x23 Grissom said that Heather is a friend and in this episode Heather tell him::
    "May I make a personal observation? As a friend, not as a therapist?
    Billy said "She's a friend, she's someone who he can trust." He went on to say, "I think that my character, Grissom, sees in her an anthropologist. Someone who is so keyed in to elements of humanity that Grissom never has been able to understand."
    For Carol Mendelsohn, "The two characters feel at ease with each other and share an intimate respect for one another. In a different world — one without Sara Sidle in it — Lady Heather and Grissom might end up together."
    So I think that Grissom respects Heather and he does not use her only to forget Sara.
    Grissom needs a friend not sex and they are friends, good friends.
    Billy is great and Jorja too...:bolian:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On Riley, she seems to be doing great but who knows her past? mabye she's got a boyfirend in the town where she came from, and he'll be brought into the mix:wtf:She should be only grateful to Ecklie who hired her, and seems to concentrating only on her new job, and good banter with her new co-workers, but down the line some will find fault and insult her too. Why did she do that, why did she ignore Greg or Nick or whoever or whatever. She is fresh and new, but so was Sara when she came on to the scene. I don't compare her to anyone, she's her own person. Everyone on this show has had some kind of meltdown at one time or another all of them:( And she possibly will have some kind of issues we no nothing of as of now. And Billy Petersen is the star of this show, and is the best, all eyes and ears lead to WP, he's the heart of CSI from one of his co-stars:thumbsup: not to mention the 2nd highest paid actors on TV, [$600,000 per ep.] and that doesn't take away from the other stars on here, their all fantastic. But, I just wonder how this show will survive without him:( Time will certainly decipher this~

WP hypnotizes my soul with his eyes

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  3. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Getting back on topic, because there's character threads for Riley, Sara, Grissom and the rest of the characters, and als discussion threads for the new season and where the show is going....

I thought it was a great episode. Lady Heather back on her feet and stronger than ever. I think that she'd be a great therapist. The way she reads people and knows what they're capable, all the while being non judgmental is the cornerstone of working as a therapist. I certainly hope that she comes back as a consultant to the team, like that one psychologist did in seasons 1 and 2.

I also love the dynamic between Riley and the rest of the team. I hope they explore that even more.

The interaction between Grissom and Heather was wonderful, especially that last scene at the end. I don't believe that she and Grissom actually had sex, but I definitely think that she did crawl into bed with him and hold him for awhile. Something very intimate, but not sexual, because quite frankly, I don't think he's in that place right now, and she knows that.

I'm not quite sure what happened with the case, did they solve it or not? If they didn't, will this set things up for a continuing arc later in the season?

All in all, I give the episode an "A"

4. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Big fat word. The episode Gum Drops is a perfect example of this. George Eads totally rocked that eppy but it was originally supposed to be a Grissom showcase. Its a shame that it took BP suffering a terrible personal tragedy for GE to be given the opportunity to shine.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

One response: Bull!

I hate when people post stuff like this.

They are all very, very talented. Extremely talented.

And that's where I'll leave it.

6. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Yeah, they never let Marg really show what she can do either. She'd be up for an Emmy every year with the likes of Mariska, Kyra, etc., if the writers ever gave her anything. I didn't realize I was watching the William Peterson show. *sigh*

It's so sad what CSI has become. It used to be so good. And the way each fan community has to grasp at scraps and bones of screen time because their favorite actors are ignored. Maybe once he's gone, things will be better. I sure hope so as lately it's been ridiculous. I can't tell you how many fans have been turned off over this.

Anyway....I liked the episode. It's always great to have Heather back. She's such a complex woman and an amazing character. I've liked her from day one. Her scenes with Grissom are usually the only scenes of him I can tolerate in recent seasons.

Her becoming a physchologist was a nice twist. She really is brilliant at reading people and what they aren't saying. I wish they would have followed up with her involvement in her grand-daughter's life from the last episode. There's never much continuity on this show, is there?

I liked the banter between Riley and Greg too. It's been a while since they've shown that side of his character. I've missed his little innuendos towards Sara and Catherine.

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with myfuturecsi. Have you see Gum Drops? George did a great job and you wondering who gave George this episode, it's Billy Petersen. It was suppose to be Grissom's episode, but Billy got death in the family, so he told the writers he want George taking the lead in the episode and he did a great job with it. And I don't mind to see George taking the lead.

Grissom and Heather did not do the deed and she just stay with him to keep him company.

I like it when Riley and Greg banter with each other and Nick told them to stop it and he dont' want to hear about sex too much.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmm totally another episode, okay then moving on now please, thanks. :)

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

:wtf: Whoa. I won't touch that because I'd hate to get yelled at. But, anyways...

I finally saw the entire episode and I think it was so-so. I just feel like the whole season so far has been pretty excellent. I've liked every episode but this one. I liked that Lady H is looking into another field. Not knocking doms or anything, but I believe a Psych is more acceptable in todays culture:lol:.

I was a little caught of guard at Nick snappin' at Greg and Riley. Like others have said, he was like that in the early seasons. Cracking jokes and going way off topic. But I guess that it's tptb way of gearing him up for head of the team after Grissom departs.

I don't think I'd dislike Grissom's character so much had they not written him as so darn pathetic. I mean, in the early seasons, Grissom was never the type of person to get emotionally ill over anyone, especially a woman. and now he's all heart broken and I just don't find it as intriguing as serious, dont-care-what-no-one-thinks-of-me Grissom. I just hope that when WP does leave, that it is on a better note. Happy, That would really be giving his character justice.:thumbsup:

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I couldn't have said it better. This is so out of character for Grissom. And do the writers and tptb seriously think that this will get him that Emmy? I doubt it. If this keeps up, he won't even get a nomination.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Grissom and the whole team have just lost one of their own and are all a bit pathetic, he died in his arms, and then his girl left, would he be better off running around and joking an laughing:confused: that would be a bit retarded and cold and not compassionate, which he is. . I saw him in this episode with some real down to earth emotions like he's never showed really to the rest of the world, which once again shows his increcible acting skills:eek: If one of us lost a close friend wouldn't we be sad and greiving? It's still raw and to close to home for comfort. He was fantastic in this ep. as they all were, was Greg pathetic for crying and seeing a counselor, or Nick when he was going to blow off McKeen's head?. They are all in a bad place right now, and to me, it shows the depth of their caring. He's lost and confused and that doesn't make him pathetic, just human~

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I didn't even think about that. That is a darn good point. I mean, they could be writing him gut wrenching stuff. He's not going to get an Emmy because he had one good performance during the season premiere. I would love to see him win it on his final year, but come on. But before I go too off topic...

Contrary to popular belief, I like Grissom. But this isn't him. This is a sad pathetic shell of Grissom. And I find it quite lame. LOATR was a perfect example of that.

I just think it would be more believeable had they not had him go into this vegetative slump. I know it's human nature to be down and out, but he's not the only one feeling it. The effort going towards showing Grissom's inner torment could be spread evenly amongst the cast, but that is another debate all together so I will stear clear from that.

All I'm saying is that, yes, even leaders stumble. But even the acting doesn't seem all that great to me either...

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat on CBS this Saturday, 8/7. :)

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Cool. At first I really didn't like this episode. But after watching it a few times I really got to like it. Like the motives why Grissom went to see LH, etc... And to watch them reconnect again.

15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

This was one of the few episodes I saw before I really started watching CSI. I really didn't like it - too dark and rainy; Grissom being all depressed; and no real resolution to the crime.

Having watched the series through now, I do understand what was going on with Grissom, and how the crime set up for future episodes - but it's still not one of my favorites.