Would you like TPTB to kill off a character? **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

I only found this thread now.......LOL....almost a decade later! Now, let me see, if I could go back in time, who would I like to be killed off? I'd say Lady Heather. Her story played out in S7. She should have been killed off at the end of TGTB&TG. For a PLOTWAGON character, she didn't bring anything to the show after S7E23. I know she was used in the series finale and was supposed to be part of the Grissom/Sara/LH relationship triangle that never was. A complete waste of plotline. Grissom loved Sara; he'd rather being missing Sara for the rest of his life --- remember the mess left behind from S13's FMN --- than going back to the Dominion with LH. I was waiting for LH to show at least some tender feelings towards Grissom since her return was hyped to such an extent in the summer. Nothing. Absolutely nothing coming out of her.

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I wanted Sara to die, but since TPTB made her survive her ordeal, I had to deal with her all the way until the end. :(

3. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

Mulder42,
    I felt that way when she originally left the show ( Mini serial killer). For Immortality; I wish she had
    stayed with the lab, and Grissom going off on his own.
    I was also kind of hoping that he would hook up with either Catherine or even Heather.

4. Happy Grissom

And I have to thank Mr. William Petersen for believing in GSR arc even before Jorja went for auditioning to play the role. I think, as a CSI fan, I am happy that these two unconventional, flawed characters could find love and happiness in each other.

Sorry to learn how bitter you were about this fictional character, Sara. She survived her ordeal should tell you something about her character: Resourceful and resilient. Can you think other characters could pull it off? Hodges? Catherine? LH? How about Grissom?

5. Happy Grissom

Not according to Mr. William Petersen. He was totally committed to the GSR arc, that's why we got the happy ending in One To Go. Why is it so hard for you to see Grissom be happy? Sara's decision could have and should have been handled better, but, alas, Zuiker's hands were tied because of the time constraint if not time restraint. I suggest you go look for the TV Guide joint interview with Petersen and Fox back in 2006. When asked what Sara would choose if it comes down to her job and love, Fox said Sara, being a romantic person, would choose love over her job. So, for her to give it up did make sense, she stayed true to her own character. She went after her own happiness, and that's why she left the lab.

As for Grissom hooking up with Catherine or LH, that would be totally out of character for Grissom. Both women were his great friends. CSI gave us some of the best TV buddies/friendships in Grissom/Catherine, Grissom/LH, Warrick/Nick, Nick/Sara, Greg/Sara, and later on, Nick/Greg. But Grissom had always loved Sara. His problem was for him to own up the truth. And, my friend, that's why GSR was intriguing, enduring, frustrating, maddening and all the good stuff in between.

Petersen said it the best: Grissom fell for Sara because Sara got Grissom. He fell for Jorja because Jorja got him!

jafox likes this.