Would you like TPTB to kill off a character? **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

Re: Would you like TPTB to kill off a character? **NO SPOILE

I don't want to see anyone killed off. I know these are fictional characters but I think if you would seriously get some kind of enjoyment out of seeing one of these people killed off...you might want to get out more. That just seems a bit sick to me. Just my opinion.

2. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Actually, I change my vote. I do want to see Grissom GO, but I guess I don't want him to get killed off. Originally, I said I wanted him to get killed off because I think the show (and its viewers) really needs a reality check. We keep having all these narrow escapes and I really do think that we have to wake up and realize that life isn't about narrow escapes. People get killed in this line of work.

As far as taking Grissom off the show, I think that maybe they could bring the hearing issue back, or maybe they could have him like teaching more than field work (sounds like a long shot - but maybe) and so he just never returns to the lab. I don't know. Either way...I think Grissom will go.

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I think CSI is good the way it is. They better not kill anyone off, even though I don't like everyone from the cast.

4. softcake

softcake Pathologist

A character killed off? No. But I wouldn't mind if Sofia disappeared. The cast is so HUGE. And sometimes I feel even the lab tecs have more screen time than any of the main cast...

5. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I agree with you there, softcake. It's sort of depressing when they're constantly showing Hodges or Wendy or Henry (not that I mind these guys - I love them all and Hodges rocks) rather than Catherine or Grissom or Nick or someone who's actually in the theme song. :( Don't get me wrong; I think the whole cast's great but...yeah.

6. Jessica_k705

Jessica_k705 Hit and Run

Oh yeah, I love this thread already =)
    I'd so like TPTB to get Sara killed, cause she annoyes me. She has this weird appearance like she is stoned all the time and she really needs to get screwed. She talks like she is not really on this planet and I'd love to slap her in the face to wake her up. She has this raw voice sometimes like she is an alcoholic or something. I mean she is way to gorgeous to be drunk, so why is she talking like it?

No offence to Jorja, neither to Jorja lovers, cause I think Jorja is a wonderful person. She very funny and I really like her, but I just hate her character.

Sara has her good sides too, I mean she is pretty funny sometimes and her perky anwsers do make me laugh but the fact that Grissom likes her, makes me a bit sick . And then I put it gently. I think she should shag Nick some more. So if Sara dies, Nick should follow her up to heaven so they can have lots of bebies. And donw on earth CSI can go on with the love between the two remained supervisors.

Although I have to say, it's nice to see them flirting on the show. CSI would be fucked up if any of their cahracters died. So let them live. But please let Grissom go away so that Nicky can work more on his flirting with Sara and Cath can stop by Grisses town house every day after shift.

(Please MOD's, I'll never offend GSR anymore. I respect their choice of shipping but I just wanted to tell what I feel for once, cause i've been thinking this for quite a time and now there's a thread about it so.)

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Lets keep in mind we have the Adult Content rule we have here on the boards.

While the mentioning of a relationship occassionally as an example is one thing if it lends credence to the reason for your opinion of the single character, BUT I feel it necessary to step in and remind folks that overall discussions should be done in the forum for shipping, and remember if you are a fan of any ship mentioned in regard to an opinion any arguments will be cause for ticking us (Tally & Myself) off. ;)

8. Jessica_k705

Jessica_k705 Hit and Run

The question here is "Would you like TPTB to kill a character?" and, yes, I would. In my opnion that has to do with the realationships on the show and the way that character acts. So I think you shouldn't ask me if I want to get someone killed if I can't anwser it here.

I don't want ot get into any more trouble and I'd love to stay on talk CSI, but I do think it is rather weird that you are telling me to go to the shipping thread when this is the thread to give your opinion about the killing thing.

9. katjo

katjo Witness

that's not cool! :mad:

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am sorry you feel that way, but re-read what has been stated, While the mentioning of a relationship occassionally as an example is one thing if it lends credence to the reason for your opinion of the single character, "Relationships meaning those romantically involved or whom fans want to be" (example: I don't like sara because her and grissom are dating, I don't like Warrick cause he is married and flirting with Catherine), from there giving the reason behind the opinion. "Relationships pertaining to Friends non-romantic" is not shipping.

Also re-read the part that says: BUT I feel it necessary to step in and remind folks meaning everyone not just you. Normally ship discussions take place in the SC forum and usually are mentioned in regular forums in regards with the ep they pertain to, or in lets say passing as in the examples above.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh right. i forgot about Warrick, i knew i missed something.

i cannot recall any serious Warrick - centered death-threatning situations happening, but he's still the least developed character from the main cast anyway. i don't know if TPTB will use him to do another GD or WTG. i doubt it though.

i really wouldn't like neither Sara nor Grissom to get killed off. if one of them would, i'd simply stop watching the show. the thing is, if they won't sign for the next season, let them leave (though i'm gonna cry, lol), but NOT die. i love them both and the show without Grissom, and now as GSR is canon, also without Sara, would suck.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

just saying...i can't stand her. I like Sara in cases when she isn't around grissom, but when they are together, she is so annoying, and it brings her character to a pathetic level. I am not talking about their relationship right now either, this always was a big beef with me. I like her when she is working with the others though.

13. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Like Kohoutek seeing a character die would be shocking and heartbreaking but I won't have any problem if they kill off a character. They do it all the time on TV anyway--24, Lost, Heroes, Vanished, The OC, Grey's etc. (Heck it already happened to CSI (Holly), CSI Miami and CSI NY.) They even killed those who were considered as the main stars and the heartthrobs of those shows.

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

well, i dont want anyone to die really, but i'd be happt for sara to go. in the earlier seasons, i felt that she's very smart and observant, and she adds to the show, but from season 5 onward is feel like shes "the fake smile that chases grissom everywhere he goes" and i dont like it. id rather not wish death on anyone, but im saying that that would be my choice

15. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

ITA here... I don't want to see any of the original 7 characters die. Love them or hate them, they've all been an integral part of the drama... they interact like a family (as Billy said, "a dysfunctional family that needs therapy").

Leaving is one thing, but killing someone off is just too cliche... it seems to be every show's easy way out. If an actor leaves (for whatever reason), it seems that the writers could rise to the occasion with a better story line than just having them shot at a crime scene or something. :rolleyes: