Would you like TPTB to kill off a character? **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

personally i'd hate any kind of plotline that would end in a death of anyone on CSI. i'd digest killing off one of the less important characters, like let's say, detective Vega, but it would be a deja vu from S3 Finale Inside The Box. i'm worried that the present ratings may push TPTB to kill off one of the main guys, just so to gain some numbers.

i'd like a death-threatning situation though, but only if ending happily, like in WTG. i'm wondering if CSI will put everyone on the show through a situation like this. we had Grissom in Strip Strangler, which was pretty long ago so i think this route is still open; we had Nick in both Stalker and Grave Danger, Sara in Committed, Brass in WTG, Greg in Fannysmackin' and we had Cath!Drama in BTK. so basically i guess they can still use Grissom or Sara since Strip Strangler was six years ago and Committed was a lot less a show off than GD or WTG.

to be honest, i don't like those odds.

Please remember it's a spoiler-free thread.

2. GreatTyrant

GreatTyrant Dead on Arrival

Yes. Sara.

3. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Actually I would like that. :)

Come on folks, it's not the end of the world if one CSI gets killed off the show. :eek:

I want CSI and TPTB to shock me. :eek: Unfortunately with spoilers these days, we really can't be shock, unless we stay off-line. I just don't see that happening anytime soon. :lol:

I know we get so attach to our favorite characters on any show and it's hard to let go but sometimes it's not up to TPTB. Sometimes an Actor just wants to leave. All the power and happiness to them. :D

------------------
    [​IMG]

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

well the only two detectives that are on the show are Brass and Sofia

Adzix I think we have had enough 'drama' on the show involving the characters
    I don't think killing off even if the are not a main character, ooh lets say like Det. Vega or Det. Vartann, is going to bring in the ratings, (it's not a spoiler when neither actor is on the show any more)

and I really don't like the idea of 'killing anyone off'
    I guess that's what I'm trying to say :D

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hmmmm...not really.

Part of CSI's charm is that they have had the same main characters for seven seasons. Wheras NY killed off one character in season two, Miami in I think it was their third season or fourth-sorry I don't remember when Speedle died.

And if I had to take a guess, I would gather that the ratio of shows that had the same people playing the same characters for as long as CSI would be smaller then the ratio of shows that had several cast changes, or new people coming and playing the same character.

I won't get into who, but there are some charactes I would be more upset about killing off then others, but I'm pretty sure everyone who loves the show feels that way.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Re: Would you like TPTB to kill off a character? **NO SPOILE

i think csi would survive killing off a supporting cast, but not catherine or grissom.

I would love to see sara take a bullet....

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Could you please elaborate a bit more on why, the reason I ask is we are encouraging folks to add more substance to their opinion. Thanks.

8. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

i could imagine hodges to get killed in an attempt to save another csi's life. he stands in front of somebody who is attacked and so he becomes kind of a hero...he never really belonged to the team but always wanted to and that way he can show that he belongs/belonged to the team...

9. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Hmm, I'm not sure. I like not be shocked, and killing off one of the characters should definately qualify as a shock, but I love the characters far too much to lose one of them. I do think this show suffers a little from having far too big of a cast. There are, by my count, 9 people in the main credits and a big handful of recurring stars. Cutting down on one of them *may* be a good idea, because sometimes they seem pushed for screentime for each character, but I don't think killing one is the way to go. It's been done before, both Miami and NY have killed off a character. I'd think I might like to see one of them have to leave for some reason, something that either forces them to leave or pushes them to the point where they can't stay anymore and either need to get out of the profession of get a change of scenery. If you think about it, it would make sense that there would be a personnel chance in a lab after 7 years.

I don't know. I'm definately rambling. :lol: I think what I'm trying to get across is that I would welcome the idea if it was done well and in a shocking way, but I'm not sure if I'd want to mess with the chemistry of such a sucessful cast. Make any sense? :D

10. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't like to see anybody get killed off the show, but we all know TPTB won't killed off Grissom, Catherine, Sara and Nick because they are too popular with the fan. I don't know about Greg and Warrick. I'm sure Greg is popular, so it Warrick.

I'm not going to said it who get killed off and who don't. I think it will be good story line. I got this idea in my head about the lab got blow up and like Bobby, Archie, Hodges and 4 CSI like Warrick, Nick, Sara and Greg got stuck in the lab and got hurt real bad, like we won't know who got killed or who's hurt 'till the show come back, (like remind me of Charmed, who's leaving and who's stay? Phoebe stay, Prue left.)

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I think what they did with the detectives is leave it open for the actors to come back (because face it, you need some police to work with the CSI's) unlike Inside the Box with Det. Lockwood where he was killed

but they are just the supporting cast, I don't think TPTB would kill of a regular on the show
    maybe a lab tech but they are still considered supporting cast

12. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I think, if I'm being honest, I'd like to see Grissom go. I dislike him more and more with each episode, and that makes me really sad, because I used to LOVE him. Actually, I think he might die, because I've heard that this is his last season with CSI. I don't really think this is a spoiler, but only read it if you want to know why else I think Grissom might die:
    For anyone who's seen the "Who is Keppler?" picture, you may have noticed that Grissom has bare feet. The picture is a takeoff of the Beatles' album cover for "Abbey Road", in which one of the boys has bare feet, and he died. So that's what I think.

13. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

I'd like to see Grissom go, but I really don't think I'd want him to be killed off. I mean, come on. The GSR reveal last season was jumping the shark enough. Sara needs to dump him then he needs to leave.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back for an ep or so in later seasons, though.

14. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

I wouldn't really want to see any of them killed off - I think Warrick and maybe Sara are the only characters I've not bonded with over the 6 seasons, but I still wouldn't want to see them killed off!

If it got to a point where any of the actors wanted to leave and were adamant they'd not be returning I suppose killing a character off would be acceptable but it would be heartbreaking! I cried when Speedle died and that was only after two seasons! I didn't like Aiden so I have to admit I was a bit happier about that one. :lol:

If WP leaves and Grissom is written out as leaving, or retiring or something, it would be fantastic if he came back for a few episodes, like when Giles returned to Buffy - that was the highlight of the season 6! :)

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*nod* *nod* And that black getup...*drool* "I'd like to test that theory"

I'm not sure I'd want anyone to die either...it's better I think if they can take them off without having them die but that's just MHO. Or, if they *do* off someone, I hope they at least avoid being lame like on Miami.