Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I was happy with the episode overall and thought the sailing-into-the-sunset ending was beautifully done.
    Obviously, I wish the divorce had never happened, but it did, and they had to deal with it. And, consistent with the history of GSR, their lack of communication was the big problem, and no doubt was the reason for the failure of their long distance marriage.
    But, as usual, Jorja and Billy handled the tense scenes and the awkward scenes and the touching scenes brilliantly. The 'game face' scene was kind of fun; and the bee scenes were reminiscent of GSR of old. Grissom so wanted to say something to her when they were just sitting there, but he seemed tongue-tied as usual; and then again, in the hallway after her promotion. He realized then he probably lost her for good, and he seemed totally lost.
    I think the essence of their relationship was everything Grissom said to LH at the end: he grew to love Sara because they had many things in common; she became not just his lover, but his best friend, the one to share life with. And now, he's not that lonely 'whale' anymore.
    The ending was poetic and beautiful and fitting for GSR. Billy and Jorja have never needed words to convey their feelings as Grissom and Sara. As a viewer I admit it would be nice to hear something, but the message was loud and clear in the hug and in their faces.
    Thank you Billy and Jorja, and Anthony Zuiker, for giving us wonderful closure for Grissom and Sara. All is right with the world now, and my memories of CSI are good ones again. :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Happy Grissom, sharp52092 and GSR GR like this.
  2. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

I simply loved the ending even I thought the storyline could have and should have been dealt better. But CBS didn't give Zuiker enough time to spell out the details. Quite a lot were left unsaid and we, the fans, were supposed to figure stuff out on our own. I was grateful that Zuiker and Petersen stuck with GSR arc and made sure it got the proper ending it deserved. After FMN, I hung around all these years just waiting for my ship to come home. Now, are GSR fans allowed to gloat ---- just a bit? Yes?

jafox and Guest2U like this.
  3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

It's been such an arduous journey in the last few years that I don't feel I can 'gloat', but I do feel an immense satisfaction. I love GSR, and I love that AZ loved them as well. Such a wonderful uniquely portrayed relationship; and in the TV universe, I think GSR is the most enduring ship. 15+ years. Please, CBS, let them be...happily ever after.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    CSI_Forever likes this.
  4. Happy Grissom

It was indeed a beautiful ending. Didn't want to imagine what the alternative could be. After putting up with all the nasty, vicious insults and comments coming out of some other shippers' quarters, I felt relieved with a healthy dose of vindication, too. GSR is enduring because it's inviting, intriguing, daring. Just like you stated it, it's such a arduous journey. It's also infuriating, maddening, frustrating, heartbreaking and a millions things in between. These two truly captured the fans attention and hearts. Back in the summertime a friend of mine introduced me to an old blog article, penned by a British dude in 2009 around the time 'One To Go' was aired in England. It's a lovely piece of writing with such heart and done in such eloquent manner, I am listing the link here because I am sure you will enjoy it very much:

http://crushedwithkisses.blogspot.ca/2009/03/love-of-grissom-and-sara-true-romance.html

5. CSI_Forever

CSI_Forever Victim

Nice find! Thanks for sharing the link. Not sure if anyone else has posted, but there are some amazing GSR shippers guides by season at http://addictedtostorytelling.tumblr.com/tagged/csi

sharp52092 likes this.
  6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Been rewatching the show, I almost have season one done. I just have Evaluation Day and The Strip Strangler left. Anyway, I've enjoyed rewatching everything from the beginning including GSR.

Though it's very brief, this is one of my favorite moments, from Gentle Gentle.

[​IMG]

Anyone else rewatching?

GSR GR, Happy Grissom and jafox like this.
  7. CSI_Forever

CSI_Forever Victim

In the last five weeks I rewatched on Hulu every ep from season one to when Grissom left and then a few random eps from seasons 11-15. It's just too sad to see the long-distance GSR and then not at all in final full season.

GSR GR likes this.
  8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I had no interest in watching/rewatching any episodes after FMN. Since the finale, however, I'm going back to some selective episodes to relive the glory of the early years, esp re GSR. Homebodies, Butterflied, Bloodlines, LD/DD are some faves so far. Seriously, that end scene in Bloodlines is so intimate, and amazing. And the DD helicopter scene will forever be the beginning of the unspoken awesomeness of GSR. Flash forward to the endings of OTG and Immortality and you have the trifecta of no-words-needed romantic scenes.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    GSR GR and CSI_Forever like this.
  9. CSI_Forever

CSI_Forever Victim

Yes! Bloodlines and Butterflied are up there in the list of most excellent eps, even from a non-shipping standpoint. Plus it's always fun to see the first few seasons to see our lil babies and Sara is so rambunctious in season one and two. I love it!

10. Happy Grissom

Yes, just finished The Pilot and Cool Change. LOL. My husband thought I was crazy. But it's like to get reacquainted with a long lost friend. Grissom and Sara -- even in their non-relationship state/stage -- still can make me sign. So glad Mr. William Petersen could recognize that unique and undefinable something in Jorja Fox, and he stuck with the GSR arc from the get go. Neither can be said to be our typical Hollywood performers; but what a pair these two made. They didn't have to come right out and do it. It was such fun for me just trying to catch their body languages, a quick glance, a shy smile or even a sly smirk. Of course the smart writings helped, also. Too bad lots of GSR bashers couldn't see the beauty of this unique Geek love because GSR is definitely not the type of relationships, say, a Catherine would be engaged in. . BTW, the above scene is one of my favorites. Thanks for posting and sharing it.

GSR GR and sharp52092 like this.
  11. sharp52092

I know what you mean about reacquainting with an old friend. I became obsessed with the show in early 2007, but the last few years my interest began to wane. However, when the cancellation and finale was announced, I slowly started getting back in, also I think was and still am in mourning.

I started season 2 last week. I watched the first 4 episodes: Burked, Overload, Chaos Theory, and Bully for You. I grossed Mom out with the latter, Bully for You LOL. She was eating while we were watching that episode. Not a lot of GSR, but little bits in Chaos Theory and Burked.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  12. Happy Grissom

I am not sure if I picked the right thread to post this reply; I just came across a great FF story called 'Adam Fall' by Kaut. As a matter of fact, this writer writes fantastic GSR stories. I'll try to read "The End Is The Beginning' later this evening. There are so many great GSR stories on that site. Some of them are so well thought out and written, they could literally to put some CSI scriptwriter to blush.

13. sharp52092

I just had to recheck the rules, it's been awhile... :oops:

Anyway I believe it's fine.

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Symmetry (from Greek συμμετρία symmetria "agreement in dimensions, due proportion, arrangement") in everyday language refers to a sense of harmonious and beautiful proportion and balance.
    image.jpeg
    I doubt I'll ever tire of watching that end scene. ❤️

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    GSR GR likes this.
  15. Happy Grissom

So sorry, everyone. I made a terrible type on my Nov 22nd posting. The title of the story by Kaut I was talking about should read 'Adam Fell'. My most sincere apology to the writer, and to my fellow site members. My bad. Please forgive me for my bad keyboarding skill.

sharp52092 likes this.