CSI: Cyber

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, Aug 7, 2014.

?

Will you watch CSI: Cyber?

1. Yes, absolutely!

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Maybe, I'll have to wait and see.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Probably not, but I might change my mind.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. No, absolutely not!

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I guess CBS doesn't want Cyber to last long.

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Ok so cyber is over next year...

Though I'm quite curious to see Ted Danson involved !

3. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

1. 'CSI' in the title is rather odd. They're FBI, not CSI with the meaning of the word established by the original series. 2. 'Cyber' is also not the best word they could find. It can work okay as a prefix but not on its own. 3. After CSI's cancellation I don't know how the fans will feel watching Ted Danson as a regular. Personally, being reminded of how the original series was treated, seeing him in every episode won't make me feel like watching, as he will be an unpleasant reminder. I already don't watch regularly, let alone with Danson in it and all our favourites gone. 4. The overall chemistry can improve with Danson and Arquette working together, but the rest of the cast, or at least the chemistry between them, is forgettable. Van Der Beek's character can be saved though by, for example, not having him chase down a suspect in every single episode (it's also funny how during interrogations none of the suspects complains over being chased, no matter how innocent they are).
    A lot more can be said, but...

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

They may be FBI, but they do have "crime scenes", so its appropriate enough. I just hate they're bringing in Ted Danson. [​IMG]

THE CYBER TEAM INVESTIGATES WHEN A POWER OUTAGE IN DETROIT IS USED TO MASK A JEWELRY STORE ROBBERY-HOMICIDE IN WHICH GEMS WEREN'T THE TARGET, ON "CSI: CYBER," AT A SPECIAL TIME, WEDNESDAY, MAY 13

"Bit By Bit" – The cyber team investigates when a hacker uses a power outage in Detroit to mask a jewelry store robbery-homicide in which gems weren't the target, on CSI: CYBER, at a special time, Wednesday, May 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: The lights R out N Detroit! The #CSICYBER team looks 4 a hacker masking a jewelry store robbery! 5/13 9 pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1QpqB3M

REGULAR CAST:
    Patricia Arquette (Agent Avery Ryan)
    James Van Der Beek (Agent Elijah Mundo)
    Peter MacNicol (Assistant Deputy Director Simon Sifter)
    Charley Koontz (Agent Daniel Krumitz)
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)
    Hayley Kiyoko (Raven Ramirez)

GUEST CAST
    Eric Normington (Russ Williams)
    Frank Krueger (James Schaeffer)
    Christel Smith (Karen Schaeffer)
    William McMullen (Jeffrey Schaeffer)
    Neil Brown Jr. (Local Detective)
    Robin (Tabitha Chistos)
    Tony Amendola (Ellis Christos)
    Brandon Barash (Stephen Christos)
    RC Ormond (Edward Gaines)
    Delila Vallot (Julie Irons)
    Lucas Kerr (Henry Spitz)
    Blake Shields (Jeremy Spitz)
    Alfred Woodley (Xavier Nelson)
    Lisagaye Tomlinson (Jasmine Nelson)

WRITTEN BY: Thomas Hoppe
    DIRECTED BY: Aaron Lipstadt
    AVERY CONFRONTS THE HACKER WHO RELEASED HER PATIENT'S INFORMATION ONLINE WHEN SHE WAS A PSYCHOLOGIST, ON THE FIRST SEASON FINALE OF "CSI: CYBER," WEDNESDAY, MAY 13

"Family Secrets" – Avery confronts the hacker who released her patient's information online when she was a psychologist. Meanwhile, Krumitz confronts the man who murdered his parents, on the first season finale of CSI: CYBER, Wednesday, May 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Avery confronts the hacker who stole her files! #seasonfinale 5/13 10 pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1DV9Bvy

REGULAR CAST:
    Patricia Arquette (Agent Avery Ryan)
    James Van Der Beek (Agent Elijah Mundo)
    Peter MacNicol (Assistant Deputy Director Simon Sifter)
    Charley Koontz (Agent Daniel Krumitz)
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)
    Hayley Kiyoko (Raven Ramirez)

GUEST CAST
    Austin Highsmith (Agent Rene Bennett)
    Brent Sexton (Andrew Michaels)
    David Dastmalchian (Logan Shelby)
    Angela Trimbur (Francine Krumitz)
    Deron Paul (Taylor Pettis)

WRITTEN BY: Craig O'Neill, Pam Veasey, Matt Whitney
    DIRECTED BY: Anton Cropper

5. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think they want put Danson in Cyber cause he had good conection with Arquette. Cyber is way far from CSI. I watched maybe five episodes and don't have feeling that I want see next episodes, maybe these two from tonight.

6. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

Sundays at 10 is the absolute worst disaster imaginable! But then again csi cyber is always described that way as well! Lol!! It's just so not improving.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Most likely the reason for Danson coming in (& yes, he will be playing DB Russell!).

Peter MacNicol To Depart ‘CSI: Cyber’

Susan

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

That's where they put CSI, and look what happened...football pre-empted it 3 times, and episodes got pushed back.

9. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

Forgive me if it's already been asked (if it has, I didn't see it) but now that CSI Cyber is the lone series carrying the CSI torch, is it possible to have its own board section so we can have separate threads for individual episodes, actors, characters, etc.?

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

TBonz answered a question in the QSF forum back in November. That decision could change, of course, but it's staying in GenCSI for the time being. :)

In the meantime, if you want to open actor/character/episode threads, go ahead and open them in GenCSI! We can always move them if the show gets its own forum. :D

11. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

That's a shame. I liked him. Wonder how they will write him out.

12. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I'm thinking it will be explained that he's been transferred to another department or taken a job in the private sector somewhere.

I don't envision a "good bye" episode for a character that existed for less than a season. I imagine they'll picked up in season 2 with him already gone and explained away with a few lines of dialogue.

At this point I think Haley Kiyoko's character has pretty much been scrapped too. I don't envision her returning in season 2. They really don't need three tech geeks competing for screen time. I envision her being replaced with a more seasoned field agent or an actual crime scene investigator of some sort that would have more interaction with Avery Ryan & Elijah Mundo. James Van Der Beek can't be the only one kicking down doors and cuffing bad guys.

I'm envisioning Grissom and Catherine returning to Vegas to stay in the CSI finale...maybe Russell and Catherine trade jobs (ie: Russell takes a semi-retirement gig as the Cyber team's in-house forensics expert, Catherine returns to Vegas to lead the CSI team, and Grissom and Sarah live happily ever after.)

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I must say that season finale of first season was great. I think that if every episode was like that since the beggining ratings could be higher are show could be more interesting. But they do like they do and well. Cyber shows that women can't be a lead or can be but Ryan is not very unique - every lead of CSI was strong, interesting. With Avery we don't have it and rest of the team are not very interesting. But we will see how second season will work and maybe CBS want syndication.

14. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

CBS aired Cyber on Wednesday, 03.06.15 as repeat and it had 0.9 in 18-49 and 5.82 mln overall so it means that repeat had not many viewers less than season finale aired as premiere.

15. EdgeofNik

EdgeofNik Victim

Cyber repeated quite well during it's run "after" the season, considering that these episodes only aired less than two/three months earlier. I still think CBS is making a huge error in putting Cyber on Sunday after MS/TGW, both of which have horrific ratings. I have a feeling when Code Black bombs, which it will, Cyber will get moved. Unlike Miami and NY, which had full seasons to work out the kinks (remember Kim Delaney and NY being criticized for all the 'dark/night' shots at beginning). Hopefully, with TD coming on to help relaunch the series, the show will find its footing.