"The End Game" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The person from season one who died was Shaw, even tho he wasn't really in season one but the actor was, playing Jack in "Boom". That was a horrible, misleading tease by CBS. What a joke.

And Finn in peril again. Does anyone really care at this point?

2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I like DB and Finn so I think it was good, but they could do something with Sara or Greg. And I don't like Morgan at all in this episode and 15x17.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Daniel Shaw. Mark Valley, who played Daniel Shaw also played Jack Willman in the season 1 episode "Boom". It pushes the spoiler a little bit as it read "A cast member who has been a part of the show since Season 1 will become a victim of the Gig Harbor Killer" but TV Guide was probably struggling on how to word it without naming who.

---------------​
    Could it have been better -- YES! But for the way the seasons have been going for the last 7 or 8 years I thought it was pretty good. It was definately better than Catherines goodbye episodes. :shifty:

As for who dies - wasn't going to stress myself out on it. I was fairly certain it wasn't going to be any of the major cast members. I jokingly said over on the IMDB "CSI" board that I was probably over thinking it but it could be Daniel Shaw because Mark Valley was there in season 1. :lol: I didn't expect to be right, I was just getting tired of all the "it better not be ..." posts.

Finn getting seriously hurt - expected that!

I though Nick, for the most part, was pretty much kept in character for his goodbye. I appreciate that. :thumbsup:

Everyone sure was positive Nick was going to take the job even though he wasn't as sure about it. :lol:

George, you will be missed. :( And I do hope you get to come back one more time for a series finale.

Destiny, not many of us are here any more. :(

Susan

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  4. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I wasn't a fan of this episode because I am tired of the GHK storyline. Tired of Finn being the victim again and tired of her flirting with Daniel.

I would have liked Nick saying goodbye to Doc, Super Dave, Hodges, Henry, Mitch, Sara, Greg and the newbies. He worked with most of those people for 15 years, it would have been nice to have a touching scene here and there, for him and for his fans. The ending music montage was nice, so at least we got something - it actually made me cry.

5. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I do hope for the last time ^^

Honestly I think her story is done now.. I'd like to see them writing DB like like they did before Finn was introduiced.

I really hope Lisa Shue won't be back ! (no hate against her, she's a great actress, but her character is quite done now, like Langston was at the end of season 11)

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree (although it doesn't matter to me because I'm done watching). But what a waste of a character. In the time she's been there she's done nothing but get into trouble and put everyone else in danger too. Plus all of the flirting and sleeping around. What a mess. They could have really gone in a good direction and sort of "re-invented" the show when they brought Danson in, but they screwed up.

7. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well I see now the ratings from last night and it's not very good. I forgot that NBC show SNL anniversary...

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

Though I'm glad we had some montage at the end, it was still rather disappointing. It was not enough, as Smokey said, way too small. I would have liked to see them all together at a diner, but I'll take what I can get.

And that moment with Sara mentioning Grissom...nice touch, yet a bit too much with that music and dramatic pause :lol:

All in all I thought it was a pretty good one. Even the plot with Finn was okay and I hope they'll make something good with that storyline. The character needs more depth, IMO.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing some Cyber stuff ;)

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I confess, I did check out only the Nick stuff and I liked it. I fast forward through most of it.

I liked what they did for Nick at the end though.

What is up with Nick and D.B. trading beards the last two episodes? :lol:

10. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

I think the "beards wars" was a thing of the directors, the previous episode was all around George character and to have the beard feels a lot more like "he is the boss" but like every finale Alec Smith love to change the style of the characters.

In season 14 finale George change the style from hair to not-hair, in season 15 finale George pass from beard to baby face.

So the bad ratings are not great for me, this is what happens when you are arrogant and makes so crappy storys believing the people will care everything you shot to them.

11. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I still wonder why two episodes were aired back-to-back. Especially because one was a season finale. I never heard of this in episodic TV before. I know there was a Holidays hiatus, and at least one episode got moved back a week due to a football game. Did CBS commit to a fixed date to start CSIC, which isn't even in the same time slot? Were they afraid viewers couldn't tell the series apart?

I watched the season closer passively. I guess it was OK. I bet the nice people in Gig Harbor, WA are glad to see their name gone from this abhorrent plot line. And I wonder how many episodes The Eye will order next year. I feel like Nina Tattler wants this thing to sprint into oblivion.

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

They were billed as a 2-part season finale. This isn't the first time they've done a 2-parter with different episode titles. Season 4's "Assume Nothing" and "All For Our Country" were part 1 and part 2 and the season premier's. And in season 6 "Bang Bang" and "Way to Go" were part 1 and part 2 and the season finale's.

Next week is another award ceremony (forget which ones, don't watch awards!) and they can't air a new episode against awards. March 1st is the the season premier of "Battle Creek". So yes, there was a fixed date that "CSI" had to be over by.

Susan

13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

And season 5 finale was two part too I thought :)

I think why they did not put this two episodes in replace something in week? I mean CBS repeat something before 15th February so... I don't know..

14. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

The Oscars

15. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Sort of like Marg being back for the 300th. :rolleyes: