"Last Supper" Discussion **SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Oct 16, 2013.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

When contestants on a reality cooking show accidentally eat human flesh during a competition, the CSI team is brought in to investigate. Chef Wolfgang Puck guest stars as himself and model Catrinel Menghia Marlon returns as Italian bombshell Elisabetta.

GUEST CAST:
    Alimi Ballard (Detective Crawford)
    Catrinel Menghia Marlon (Elisabetta)
    Wolfgang Puck (Wolfgang Puck)
    Holley Fain (Nadine Bradley)
    Matthew Holmes (Curtis LeBlanc)
    Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Michelle Rowlands)
    Alastair Duncan (Graham Deveraux)
    Kristen Kassinger (Cici)
    Coby McLaughlin (Derk Barlow)
    Charles Malik Whitfield (Ray)

WRITTEN BY: Treena Hancock and Melissa R. Byer
    DIRECTED BY: Frank Waldeck

(Reminder: Nick, Sara, and Brass are not in this episode.)

2. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I'm sure Modges (Morgan/Hodges) fans will love this episode.

I might tune in just for the case....I don't know.

3. harmier

harmier Victim

I went into this episode unspoiled. So, the only things I knew about the episode where what I in last week's promo.

Anyway, I'm a Modges fan and I definitely loved it. But I knew that I would at least like it a lot because the promo showed that there would be definite Hodges and Morgan interaction. I was pleased because there hasn't been any the last few episodes. Anyway, I was not disappointed. I loved as they bantered about chemistry while Hodges dealt with the blood.

Since I was unspoiled, I didn't know that Elisabetta would be back or that this episode would be the end of Hodges/Elisabetta. (Yay!) I loved that the episode implied that Finn is not so subtely biased against Hodges/Elisabetta. Sure, I'm obviously biased against the pairing myself, but I like the fact that it shows a bit of continuity in the fact that Finn has seems to ship Hodges and Morgan a bit. And it was definitely interesting to see Finn not so subtely explain why they won't work by showing how her first marriage mirrors their initial relationship and potential future marriage.

Finn and David being fans of a reality TV cooking show. Heh.

And the crime was wonderfully gross.

4. riddick

riddick Rookie

La Dolce Vita is not about work? Oh yes, grapes will get gathered on their own. And I'm sure her hard "not" working parents who get up every morning at six to take care of the vineyards will agree. That was a bit offensive to me, but she was actually a spoiled kid who lived better at home than in LV because her family let her so.
    Both she and Hodges are very immature.
    At least she wasn't a Green Card hunter.

That's two in a row dumping poor Hodges in spite of claiming they love him. Who will be the third?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  5. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Sorry, hate to say, but I miss the old Hodges before season 12 (or really, before "Malice in Wonderland").

Again, I already had a feeling Hodges/Elisabetta wasn't going to last.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  6. mirdaishan

mirdaishan Hit and Run

I do feel kinda sorry for him... :( Hope he gets a 'happier' story soon - something about his work, though, that he finds something that solves the case or so...

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

OMG, this show has really gotten out of hand and has turned into a soap opera. Man, as I much as I hate GSR, at least it was handled a little better than this is. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that George didn't have to endure this episode :rolleyes: and since the tptb put him on leave I didn't have to suffer through it.

These writers need to go, so does CM.

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i love how all the old GSR haters are now using it as a standard haha. It kills me how far this show has spiraled downwards.

9. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

And I love how Nick's fans are saying that writers are completely responsible of George's exit while we absolutely don't know what happened :rolleyes:

To focus on this episode, the case was more than good. Far better than 14x03. B+ to me.
    Glad Hodges / Elisabetta is now over.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Seems to me if the writers knew how to write for the veteran cast than George wouldn't feel the need to stand up and fight for his character.

Oh and some of know it was the argument with the writer that got him put on leave it was an argument with CM. My guess is she couldn't handle the truth.

At least he has the guts to stand up for himself and his character, unlike others on this show.

And Nick/George fans are not stupid enough to believe that George isn't partially responsible for his leave. But the ultimate blame? The writers. Yes the writers, where a couple of them have said they weren't fans of the show nor never watched it. Which in that case CM should make them watch it from the beginning.

And now Jorja is saying that:

So now these writers are going rewrite history. :rolleyes: Don't even want to know what they're going to change.

I would assume Nick will be safe from that as he probably won't be mentioned.

11. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I don't want to delve into the circumstances surrounding George's leave of absence... again. I think we should agree that there isn't enough evidence to support whether he was put on a leave of absence or chose one.

But this statement really irked me speedy...

That came across as being very narrow-minded to the point of "this is why my favourite on the show is better than yours". George may have been unhappy with the direction his character was being taken but that's not to say the rest of the cast are feeling the same about theirs either. For all we know it seems they're pretty happy with what they've been given.

Okay, on to this episode then...

This one was never going to be a favourite due to the lack of Nick, Sara and Brass, not to mention the presence of the Hodges/Elisabetta storyline (perhaps my least favourite the show has ever spurned out, sorry Hodges fans!). So I had pretty low expectations for this one so I was surprised to say that I actually thought it was decent.

Okay I admit, I fastforwarded the Hodges/Elisabetta scenes, so there's no way I can give the episode anything above a B but at least they ended it. Bye bye. Case was fine, I might have missed something near the start because I spent the whole episode thinking the blonde chef did it so I was a bit surprised it turned out to be the producer. The six degrees of separation were a bit farfetched but that's always been a big part of the show so it didn't bother me too much.

Loved Super Dave and Finn discussing the TV show!

I think that's all I have to say really. It was just 'fine', which for me is satisfying enough. The season premiere was subpar but I've been impressed with the follow-up episodes and despite the unfortunate circumstances surrounding George (and the sound of the "Girls Gone Wild" episode) it's shaping up to be a good season.

And yes, I'm really looking forward to next week's 300th. :D

B

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

AMEN is all I am going to say to this comment!:thumbsup:

As for the episode it was actually rather gross to me. The storyline was okay but I could have done without the Hodges/Elizabetta whole thing. And how come Hodges gets all the girls, even though he looses them in the end.

I can't believe I am actually going to say this but Finn is growing on me. They have toned her down and made me like her more. I really liked her scenes with Super Dave this week.

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

If the rest of them are happy with what they've been given, then they either have very low standards or have given up on the show as we know it. It has turned into a comical soap opera.

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

That is your opinion, and that is fine, but that doesn't mean everyone shares those same views.

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yes and since it still comes in #1 show on the main networks in that time slot I would say many other people still like it too or it would not be still be the top show in that slot.