Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Valmartinn

Valmartinn Victim

I'm praying for a big season. I know it's probably not going to happen but still...
    -Somebody should deal with a pregnancy (nobody had a child except for Cath)

-The lost of a loved one (father, mother, sister...), should be the main actors.

-Either Nick, Greg, or Sara (even though she has one, 13x15) should have 1 ep centered on them.

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^I disagree with the first two, I think the show is soap opera-y enough as it is.

I hate to say it, but the death could be Brass. He's an aging actor who's been with the show for 14 years. Might be time to move on..

3. Valmartinn

Valmartinn Victim

Yeah, you're right !!
    And for Brass, i'm saddened too... but it wouldn't be a surprise if it was him, i'm mentally ready.

4. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Would Brass really be buried in Las Vegas though?
    I would imagine Brass would still more likely be buried back home in New Jersey where the family plot is. Other than his job what connection does he have to Vegas?

I know the 'CSI family' angle has been pushed relentlessly the last few years but this would be a little too unrealistic.

If, however it is Brass, I hope there will be some mention of Grissom and Catherine who were very close to him (closer than Russell in any case) and an explanation why they cannot attend the funeral.

5. Rena

Rena Rookie

Uh, haven't been around for a while and need to catch up on things, but so far there are some interesting spoilers buzzing around. I like the idea of a (c)old case combined with flashback memories of the veteran cast. And I mean real flashback memories they put together from archive material when the cast was 14 years younger :p;)

As for the death (there's always a death, isn't there? :rolleyes:) it's probably some unknown LVPD dude we've seen a couple of times. Or Ellie. I don't think it's going to be a main character like Brass. That would be too hard to keep it secret.

6. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I wouldn't mind if it were Brass because I'd love to quit watching this show if they killed him off. However, Brass is a main character and despite the last few seasons, was a big part of the team. I'd hate to think they'd brush his death off like any other recurring character death. He deserves a proper send-off. Plus, if it were Brass, he's worked with Sara and Nick long enough that I'd think they'd be pretty broken up about it - not just DB.

DB could feel responsible for anyone's death. Kind of like how Nick felt responsible for the death of that random officer at the end of one of those Langston finales.

7. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

The fact that DB is going to feel responsible is the part that really throws me, because I can't imagine any situation in which he would feel responsible for a death.

8. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I agree with you Frosch about Brass. I guess the only reason I think it could still be him nonetheless is because...well, unless he gets sidelined again (which, sadly, is another huge possibility IMO but we'll see) I could see him getting way too close to the case as a detective and father of one of the victims (and I don't nessecarily mean going rogue), and falling into some kind of peril; and despite that it still wouldn't make sense in the end..... I don't know, first Brass is barely on the show, and now it's as if the writers are ignoring (if not forgetting) some of the history of these long time characters as well as the friendships between the old team members in general.

So I wouldn't be surprised, if he doesn't get a proper send off, and Grissom and Catherine don't show up or get mentioned at all...and heck if even Sara and Nick were kind of ignored (assuming the writers choose to go in that direction :(:(). That's just me though, but again, I agree with you guys; it could also be some random guy from LVPD, not nessecarily a major character.

Who knows, maybe Russell will get tricked by the killer while trying to save Morgan and Ellie and ends up getting someone from the department killed. Even if it's some guy we barely see that he's not close to, that doesn't nessecarily mean he won't feel responsible over it.

ugh, I'm really done with all the drama involving the new characters. Even if the premiere doesn't turn out to be terrible, there's nothing to make me believe it will be that good or compelling like other CSI premieres in the past. For one thing, I still have a feeling that Sara, Nick, Greg (and possibly Brass too after what's happened in the finale with the Brass/Ellie storyline) will be sidelined, and that it will be another more-unrealistic-action-less forensics episode.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  9. Rena

Rena Rookie

Yesterday, I watched an episode of Miami from the second last season or so and I was laughing my *** off thanks to its silliness, nonsense, overdramatic plots, stereotypes, and bad acting due to brainless dialogues. I could go on but the point is it was like watching a parody. :lol:

10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

yeah, that's why I couldn't get into CSI Miami.

11. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well there was some unreal episodes from Miami, for example 8x15 and 8x20, this two ep I hate, but you know, there's a many great episodes. However I don't remember some unreal and nonsense episodes from Las Vegas... Always was something interesting, dynamic in opposite to many episodes from last three seasons of New York...

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I felt the same about Miami. But I felt NY was even better than LV at the end...it was usually interesting and dynamic too...sometimes wish it'd been flipped with NY staying and LV going.

13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well NY had a good series finale, but for me 9x16 was horrible. But many episodes from season 9 was quite good. The only thing I wanted from last seasons of NY it was a serial killer but no for one episode like in 7x14 or 9x07 but you know, something like Dr Jekyll or Miami Tautner.

14. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

I don't think it's Brass either because he is more "part of the CSI family" than "close to it" (but it wouldn't surprise me if nobody turned out dead in the end and all this is about having us guessing). At least Brass is 11 seasons more "family" to the CSI's than DB is.

DB would only care for Finley on a personal level, but he would feel equally responsible for everyone else on a professional level, so it could be anyone from the journalist to a random officer.

15. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 14.03 "Torch Song"

STORY LINE: When the smoke from a nightclub fire clears away and four dead bodies are revealed, the CSI team goes looking for an amateur arsonist...

Writer: Tom Mularz
    Story By: Elizabeth Devine

CALEB
    Intimidating, formidable and scary, a big guy who's in the cement business, with a vicious, thuglike streak to his personality that's as wide as he is, Caleb is a neo-Nazi who's quite fond of the all-Aryan band White Cross. Having picked a fight with Timo and strangled him to death while the music was raging, Caleb thinks that the subsequent club fire has annihilated all traces of his crime -- and he's determined to punish Jeremy severely for questioning him too closely.

STU
    A jaded, burned out club owner with the weight of the world on his shoulders, the owner of the nightclub, he's been in the business for over 30 years, and he's dazed after seeing his business (and four human lives) go up in smoke. A man who no longer understands the new music that's played in his club, he has been doing it by rote for years, waiting for the next Fleetwood Mac tour. So stunned that the detectives initially take pity on him, he's revealed to have torched the place for the insurance, but had no intention of killing anyone.

JEREMY
    A guy with a wiry, stray-dog vibe, Jeremy is a neo-Nazi who's quite fond of the all-Aryan band White Cross. Jeremy is hauled in for questioning after his red Pontiac is proven to have been parked outside the nightclub -- blocking a fire door exit. He insists that he loaned his car to a guy and had no involvement in the arson fire -- but four dead is a lot of dead, and he agrees to help them finger his "friend," Caleb. When Caleb gets suspicious, Jeremy gets a faceful of acid as a present for being a cooperative citizen.

APRIL
    A stoic young woman, she works at her parents' mechanic shop, she's a prime suspect in the arson murders; her 17 year old brother was attacked and crippled for life after a White Cross concert, and she's advertised her cold bitterness about his suffering. Brought in for questioning after her garage is linked to a piece of evidence, April coolly explains herself and is allowed to leave.

NANCY
    Sympathetic, heart wrenching, working class, the mother f one of the arson victims, she arrives at the nightclub at midnight to pick up her son, and is traumatized to find him burned to death and surrounded by forensic investigators.

TIMO
    Timo is one of the victims found at the arson fire -- only he didn't burn or choke to death, he was strangled on his own neck-chain. Having attended a "hatenanny" given by a White Power rock group, he got into a fight with a brutal neo-Nazi and was throttled in a back room.

SWAT GUY
    This authoritative SWAT guy orders Caleb down onto the floor.