Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

LAST MAY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO FALL, ON CBS…

SEASON FINALE: The CSI team realized they had a serial killer on their hands as Russell pieced together the reasons why. Morgan went undercover to get close to the killer and went missing, along with Captain Brass’ daughter.

NEW SEASON: In the season premiere, the CSIs delve into the world of reality television when the contestants on a food competition show turn out to be using odd ingredients. In the series’ 300th episode, the CSI “Old Guard” look back to where each of them were when the show began, as they revisit a cold case that’s haunted them for 14 years.

Susan

weird, I wonder what that has to do with the Dante's Inferno themed killings, and getting Morgan and Ellie back :confused:? Unless....there's a completely different case going on during the premiere??

300th episode sounds interesting. It seems like it will be focused on Nick, Sara, Brass and Greg but we'll see.

Pretty sure I won't get in trouble (?) for saying this, but that's an error in the press release. Definitely doesn't happen in the premiere--it's all focused to the events from the finale.

14.03 - "Torch Song"

When the smoke from a nightclub fire clears away and four dead bodies are revealed, the CSI team goes looking for an amateur arsonist.

I don't know if they plan to make season 14 as the final season

It was said that CBS would tell the writers if they want to end it, in order CSI to have a proper ending

I think that CSI will end after 15 season, maybe after 16. I think that they should learn on mistakes because they cancel CSI Miami, put The Mentalist on 10 p.m on Sunday and they lose viewers so... I think that the same thing will be in friday with Hawaii.
14.03 sounds interessting, maybe we'll get some kind of serial arsonist or something :)

It was said that CBS would tell the writers if they want to end it, in order CSI to have a proper ending

That seems a bit odd, does CSI need 40 odd episodes to prepare for the end? Especially considering the show consists of stand alone episodes and does not require resolution of storylines.

I can understand shows like Lost, Dexter e.g. needing advance notice to conclude, but not this type of Show.

Also, with 3 of the most popular characters no longer around and the declining popularity of the show in general it makes little sense.

Has any show ever required 2 seasons to prepare for the series finale?

That seems a bit odd, does CSI need 40 odd episodes to prepare for the end? Especially considering the show consists of stand alone episodes and does not require resolution of storylines.

I can understand shows like Lost, Dexter e.g. needing advance notice to conclude, but not this type of Show.

Also, with 3 of the most popular characters no longer around and the declining popularity of the show in general it makes little sense.

Has any show ever required 2 seasons to prepare for the series finale?

I agree but CSI Miami and CSI NY didn't know if they were cancelled or not, they did not have a series final episode. It won't be the case with CSI Vegas ;)

NY still had a decent end, though. They knew it might end and prepRed. Miami had no warning and got a cliff.

As long as the show can maintain its numbers and not experience any severe drops, we should be able to look forward to new CSI episodes for several more years, although they may eventually be on Friday or Sunday. I personally think CBS does want both CSI and NCIS to last several more years just to see if one of them can challenge the current Gunsmoke/L&O 20-season title and bring a 21st season record back to CBS. ;-)

As long as the show can maintain its numbers and not experience any severe drops, we should be able to look forward to new CSI episodes for several more years, although they may eventually be on Friday or Sunday. I personally think CBS does want both CSI and NCIS to last several more years just to see if one of them can challenge the current Gunsmoke/L&O 20-season title and bring a 21st season record back to CBS. ;-)

Actually it would be good for CSI to be aired right after NCIS, a good combination
I think Criminal Minds is not a good lead show for CSI anymore

Is that really what it has come to? CSI needing to piggyback off the success of another show to keep the numbers steady? It's quite sad really.

according to the latest spoilers on CSIFiles, it seems like Teal Redmann doesn't want to return to the show, so maybe that won't be the case.....I guess that means....they might actually kill off Ellie :(:(:(; I really hope not though!!!

I read that, that's just so sad... But I wonder if the article talks about Teal Redman not returning in season 13 or 14 or both ? Maybe they'll manage to persuade her to come back for one episode ?
I would be disappointed if they decided to kill Ellie without seeing for a last time :( ...

According to this story right now here on TalkCSI...

Teal Redmann Returns to CSI for Season 14 Pemiere

The daughter is back. CSI Files has learned exclusively that Teal Redmann will be returning to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Brass’ (Paul Guilfoyle) daughter Ellie.

Though credited for appearances in last season’s “Strip Maul” and “Skin in the Game,” Redmann’s last appearance was in Season Six’s “Way to Go.” Due to scheduling and the small nature of involvement in those two installments, Redmann did not physically appear and a body double was used instead. After last season’s finale, which saw Ellie and Morgan Brody (Elisabeth Harnois) kidnapped by the Dante’s Inferno killer, Redmann will reprise her role in the premiere with a much larger presence.

CSI’s Season Fourteen premiere, “The Devil and DB Russell,” will air September 25.

Susan

Back