Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

This.

Everything you said is exactly my feeling too. They have a perfect opportunity to bring back the Brass and Grissom bromance of seasons past only now with DB but the writers still don't know what to do with Brass (or any other detective for that matter) and now he's been reduced to maybe, if he's lucky, four minutes of screen time.

I would not be sad if Brass hopped on his motorcycle and rode off into the sunset after they wrap up the second part of this episode in S14. Having no Brass would be better than having pointless, shell-of-his-former-snarky-self Brass.

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

If Morgan is in peril again, I'm already not liking the season finale, or even the start of season 14.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

While I do like the character of Morgan :)shifty: she's lightyears better than Finn.) I do find it hard to believe that the LVPD don't have a trained cop of the right age that could do an undercover job like this a whole lot better than a CSI could. Don't get me wrong, I actually don't mind having the CSI's doing some of the "cop" things (CBS isn't going to pay just so they can constantly bring extra's in just to clear a building) but having a story that spacifically puts the undercover CSI in danger...

Susan

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree. I mean, look at "Strip Strangler" when they wanted to use Sara undercover and what a fuss Grissom put up over it. And how, in the first season, they made a big deal about the CSIs never having to use their weapons.

Things change. They need more action for better ratings. But it's ridiculous. It's Crime SCENE Investigation. Crimes themselves are usually investigated by cops and detectives.

And really...once again, do they thing the invested viewer/fan gives a rat's ass about Morgan or Finn or DB's granddaughter, etc? I know...appeal to the masses...the casual viewer. But when a hardcore fan like me doesn't even bother to watch the episode until days later and even then only looks up when she hears Nick's voice...that's a bad sign, for me if not for the show. And believe me...I used to like almost every episode and sometimes didn't even realize Nick wasn't in it, so it's not always been about that. But it is now.

5. Rena

Rena Rookie

Ditto! I can't say more to what has been said already by you guys. It's gonna be a bloody stupid season finale and season premiere. They're ruining the show.

6. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

This. I just don't care. I've got enough going on between Criminal Minds, The Office, and Parks and Rec to keep my brain occupied.

They're digging this show deeper into a hole the longer it continues. It's still nice to have it on the air as a fall-back option, but when the series finale finally hits, it will be without dignity.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

When the series finale airs, you will never know because CBS isn't going to say, final season.

8. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

i for one am happy that the writers still have the potential to direct 3 good episodes(character involvement excluded) in a row.last time i checked, that happened somewhere in season 11!!! yes, imo for csi standards it is been a long time, but also an improvement so to speak.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I haven't posted on here since FMN, and haven't bothered to watch the show until the last episode, Fearless; which seemed to me to be just another nail in the coffin for GSR, not to mention the ridiculousness of the Hodges/Elisabetta/Morgan storyline.

And, beaujolais, I feel the same way about Sara that you feel about Brass: please go, if that's what it takes to preserve the integrity of your character. I'm not stupid. I get it. They want to re-incarnate Sara without Grissom. Not buying it. Not after they expended so much effort to make me care about GSR, thereby making me rationalize Sara's irrational return to Vegas, only to make me wish she hadn't.

Can I say 'clusterfuck' here? If so, that's my feeling for the show right now. So many things are wrong with it, I'm not sure it can right itself. And this is from someone who actually likes the new characters; I just can't stand what they've done with the old ones.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Wow...these writers are becoming clueless.
    from TV Guide

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Wow. No words express my disappointment with this.

12. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Actually I like the plot with Ellie, but not Morgan's involvement (again !)

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well yes Ellie and Brass I am fine with it's the whole Morgan in peril and them literally saying they want to put them in jeopardy.

14. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Couldn't they just let this be a Brass episode? Why did they have to make this about Morgan too?

15. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I like Morgan but they really need to tone her down (and Hodges as well) next season