CSI: NY Renewed for Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2012.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

For me,I'll take it being the last season if it ends on a high note.
    By the time Without A Trace ended,it had become a joke. I quit watching Law & Order SVU because it had also jumped the shark and Cold Case was slowly starting to go down that road.
    I don't want to see that happen to CSI NY. Better to end on a high note then stick around an extra season and wish it had ended.

2. -tina-

-tina- Dead on Arrival

yeah your're right it should end on a high note but I think that we get a upturn in season 9 :)

3. Duke

Duke Witness

I can't find anything on the site (maybe I'm not looking in the right place) with regards to season 9 in the UK. It normally airs in January - end of April still nothing.

Anyone have an idea??

4. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I know they've been showing earlier seasons on Channel five, usually at the weekend, they do the same with NCIS, but I thought I'd seen S9 awhile ago, but I was probably imagining it, at the moment there doesn't seem to be any NY on. So I don't know.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Dangit, stuff like this gets my hopes up and then I see it's season 9 lol.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

:lol: Yeah, same here. :lol: :)

7. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Well I am still holding out for a S10, according to the latest rating for Vegas it only pulled in 7.36 in this time slot. Blue Bloods pulled in 10.36 in their time slot. Seems incouraging. Golden Boy should be renmed Bronze Boy only pulling in 8.01, a huge dip in my opinion especially since NCIS pulled in 16.76 and their counerpart NCIS: LA brought in 13.94.

So it could happen with these numbers and personally can't get any better than CSI: NY then Blue Bloods they compliment each other pretty well.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Ever since CSI: NY had gone off the air, I stopped watching CBS shows like NCIS and Hawaii Five-0 not because I hate CBS or I'm boycotting the network. When CSI: NY was still on air every week, I watched those shows so that I could watch a promo for NY. Also they were good shows too, and there's nothing really on TV during their time slot so I didn't really waste my time on them. But when NY had finished its run, I wanted to continue watching those shows but I just couldn't. It's like NY was my energy drink for CBS, my motivation, my prize for watching CBS that week. I had lost interest on Blue Bloods a long time ago since its first season. However, I still watch and enjoy Criminal Minds and CSI but I'm starting to lose interest on them. Not because of NY's absence though. I think the writing has been weak. I love comedies on CBS such as The Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls. They are just so funny, and I like the cast very much.

I would be very grateful if by some miracle CBS renews CSI: NY. I might find strength to watch other CBS shows too. :) I kind of accepted its fate already. But I'm disappointed the show didn't reach 200 episodes.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm not accepting anything until I have to.

Why didn't CBS want more eps these last two seasons anyway? All they had the next two Weeks were repeats anyway.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

They didn't even show repeats or if they did it was from last year. I have a friend who didn't get to see a few episodes.

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I don't get that either. Cold Case was more expensive to produce then CSI NY is and they had more episodes until the end.

12. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Is it true? I've read it got cancelled. If so I am just heartbroken and tv just won't be the same. I know this isn't even a possibility but if it did get cancelled any chance of like Spike or TNT picking it up?

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

And I thought we were going to find out on the 15th. We won't ever get that 200th episode...[​IMG]

14. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Yeah. No season 10, no 200th episode. Pity they made this decision. I Got the impression that this one would be the last season when it got renewed last year but after some recuperation I really hoped it stood one more year.
    Now all we have to do is drown ourselves in a cup of coffee (black, two sugars, please) and face our hangover tomorrow.

15. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

BTW, I'm not a victim anymore. I'm so pissed off that now I want to be a sniper.