"In Vino Veritas" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 2, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

From what I understood D.B. got them both Celine Dion tickets, as he lives in Vegas. Mac asked what he owed him for them and D.B. said it was on him. Mac wanted to have dinner with Christine and D.B. since he hadn't seen him in a while and wanted him to meet Christine; that's why they went to the hotel.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This one was pretty average for me.
    I was happy to see Sara and Greg working together, but I didn't see much of the personal interaction between them that I enjoy. And, of course, Sara's demeanor showed no hint of anything wrong with her and Grissom. It would have been nice to have something about that in an exchange between Sara and Greg, considering their friendship; alas, something else that seems to have been left by the wayside.

I still think the writers are struggling with what to do with Morgan. I like her, but these scenes with Hodges do nothing for me. They need to put her with Sara or Finn more, and do less with the quasi-romantic triangle of her/Hodges/Greg.
    There were parts of the wine story that were informative, but the crime and its cast of characters were not all that interesting or mysterious.

Last, but not least, the premise for the crossover with NY was okay as a B story, and I could buy Mac coming to LV to visit Christine; but, yet again, the motive for DB going to NY was weak, as were the motives for the other crossovers in the past. I think the story itself will play out better in the NY episode, but DB really doesn't need to be there. Although, I do hope to see some interaction between DB and Jo. Both Danson and Ward are great veteran television character actors, and a part of me still hopes that her character will end up in LV if NY is not renewed.

A 7/10 from me.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with what you say about Sara and Greg not having any personal interaction. That was odd, I thought seeing as they always make comments about each other usually when they are working a case together. I was disappointed nothing was said.

Agreed that the scenes with Morgan and Hodges seemed a bit off for me too last night, more than usual.

As for the cross over case, I really could careless. I don't watch NY and none of the storyline made me want to watch that second part of it on Friday night.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

If it was when Mac was in the room with him and DB, maybe they just didn't want to bring it up with Mac there. If it wasn't in the scene with Mac and DB, never mind. :lol:

5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Having this as a two-case episode was the best thing the writers could have done in my opinion.

I genuinely thought the A-case (the wine) was great! It felt different and I got the impression that a lot of research and time was spent crafting the case and the background. The outcome wasn't particularly obvious and I liked some of the science the show included. Nice screentime for Sara, Greg and Brass.

However, the Hodges/Morgan cheese and wine tasting was absolutely ridiculous and cringe-worthy. I'd also agree with everyone who's disappointed by the lack of Sara/Greg interaction. However other than that, I have no issues with the A-case and really enjoyed it.

Sadly the case concerning Christine's disappearance was horrendously boring. Knowing the outcome wouldn't be resolved and the fact I've never really liked Mac already had my expectations lowered so I'm thankful it took a less prominent role in the episode. I know many of the NYers may have gotten something from it but I wasn't grabbed by the storyline and I'm not particularly interested in tuning in to part two. I'd have rather they moved Nick over to the A-case because he and Finn were particularly sidelined by the Mac/DB dynamic.

Overall, an up and down episode but I thought that the A-case was enough to view the episode in a positive light and rewatch it at some point. I'm overall really happy that the writers put more of a focus on the wine case as I was really expecting it to be an hour of just DB/Mac.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

LOL even some NY fans aren't commonly happy with Mac, 'cause they feel he gets too hypocritical at times, so that isn't surprising, really.

I do see the views of some NY watchers who thought they could have come up with a better way to do a crossover, a better plot. Either way, it's nice to have a crossover where it isn't the A case, I agree. Or where the two cases end up connected.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have to confess though, nothing against the Vegas team but I don't think they needed to have Mac go to Vegas. If Christine really never came to Vegas then her kidnapping could have had it's own episode in NY.

Really wished my mom didn't delete the episode already. :(

8. JorjaFoxFan

This was a horrible idea for a crossover imho. Vegas served ZERO purpose. The NY storyline had like what, 3/4 scenes? They could've included vegas a little more if they were set on a crossover. It definitely feels like it should've just been an NY episode.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Mac THOUGHT Christine had went to VEGAS for a restaurantur convention. He went there to SURPRISE Christine. He DIDN'T KNOW Christine had been kidnapped and was STILL IN NY.

10. Rena

Rena Rookie

Ah, now it makes all sense to me :lol: Thank you! Sometimes I get lost in translation, so to speak.

I'll watch the second part because I like Ted Danson as D.B. and am curious to see him interact with the NY team, especially with Jo/Sela Ward. I wished the writers would have provided more interaction between the teams. I remember how disappointed I was when only Ray Langston alias Laurence Fishburne made a guest appearance on Miami and New York.

11. JorjaFoxFan

I agree, the interactions could have been waaaay better. It felt like there was no point in even making it a crossover :confused:
    apart from D.B., Mac had no business with anyone else really. I dunno I just wasn't too overly impressed with the NY case.

12. byline

byline CSI Level One

You captured my thoughts exactly. Sadly, I'm just about done with this show.

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Maybe it will get answered in the NY part but I want to know what you guys think.

Jimmy said that his gf pretending to be Christine, so could she have just used her name at the airport or used a fake ID with Christine's name?

I'm a bit confused on that.

14. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

FWIW, the song in the opening is "High Roller" by The Crystal Method. It came out in 1997. I recognized the tune, but have not heard it for many years. We used to get a little...err... "happy" and listen to that record; funky stuff. :)

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh cool,Ill check it out. I like the Bones theme they did.