"Risky Business Class" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

After watching the episode I was like: oh well, Sara should get divorced and get her ex back! He is so hot and they had a lot of chemistry going on. Really enjoyed that.
    And well, she had Grissom's voice mail answering her calls so often, let him experience the same with hers, show him how it feels.
    Greg and Morgan were so cute together and IF they are cousins...there must be a lot of great great great in between. After all, somehow we're all related.
    A really nice episode, perfect for the winter break

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That's how I saw it too. Let him feel the way she did always getting voice mail, that she wasn't always jumping to pick up the call from him.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Despite the angst of the episode, I really enjoyed this one. It was nice to have a glimpse into Sara's past, and it was fun seeing Doug flirt with her. I thought they had some great scenes together, and I actually quite liked Doug. Sara does deserve to be happy, and I just hope she and Grissom (and the writers) find a way to work it out.

I thought the case was interesting with some nice twists and turns that kept me guessing. Although I figured 'Scott Shelton' was involved, I didn't see how til the patient substitution was discovered.
    I enjoyed the Greg and Morgan scenes, the Hodges scene with Sara, and the Finn and Sara scene. I liked the reenactment scenes, and the screen time seemed relatively balanced.
    I didn't like Sara not answering the phone, but I figured that was a good way to show Sara's dissatisfaction with the phone tag relationship they have.

I'll give this episode 9/10, and Jorja's performance 10/10. She's become the master of understated acting, able to convey Sara's sadness, vulnerability, and 'put on a happy face' strength with little dialogue necessary. Her scene with Doug at the end was incredibly sad to me; her eyes and subtle actions pretty much told the story. Grissom come home.

4. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I really enjoyed this one. Jorja gave a really good performance, long distance is definitely not working for them. Two hugs from an ex, and letting Grissom's call go to voice mail? I hope they get Billy tog guest star soon!

My only problem with this episode was the inclusion of the Genealogy tech, and that whole storyline for that matter. I found it rather cluttered and unnecessary but oh well.

5. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

Jorja's acting is an absolute 10/10, so believable and realistic, but seeing Sara unhappy makes me sad, it feels to me that she has an unfair share of angst to deal with. There's been so much on her plate over the years, she needs a break.
    I didn't dislike Doug guy but he has nothing on Grissom IMO.
    Also I don't like the hint of Grissom being a "bad guy" in this, I don't believe for a second he wouldn't be trying to rectify the situation knowing it was hurting Sara. And there are two people making a relationship work. Playing devil's advocate you could say how come Sara's not doing anything about the situation if it's becoming unbearable, quit the lab, join him wherever he is? (I so hope not actually, I love having Jorja on the show and she's one of the main reasons I still watch)
    Billy sure needs to make an appearance.

6. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Considering how apprehensive I was about this episode and what they had in store for Gil/Sara by bringing in her ex, it turns out to have been much ado about nothing. There was nothing in the scenes between Sara and Doug that had me worried that she might cheat on Gil. I thought they had a nice friendly rapport but I certainly didn’t see any sexual tension between them. When Sara and Doug were reenacting the scene in the plane where they were holding on to each other, all that I could think of, was the Gil/Sara ‘Pin me down’ episode. Now, that was chemistry and sexual tension. Sara and Doug - no comparison. It frankly reminded me more of a Sara and Nick/Greg scene. A couple of old friends catching up and sharing a few nice memories.

I actually felt the Sara/Doug scenes were way too contrived. It was bizarre having both Hodges and Finn make comments to Sara about her and Doug’s past. Maybe I missed it but I don’t recall one single moment in the episode where Sara or Doug actually outright said that they’d had a relationship.

Another thing that I completely missed was at which point Sara suddenly became dissatisfied with her long distance marriage. In the 3 ½ years Sara has been back in LV I don’t remember one instance where she indicated that she wasn’t happy. Even the phone call she made to Gil at the beginning of the episode didn’t hint at any trouble, yet by the end of the hour she was miserable and questioning her marriage? I’m just not buying this sudden Sara and Gil in trouble plot. Again, the writers have failed to shed any light on the state of their marriage. We still don’t know where Gil is, we still don’t know why Sara stayed on in Vegas after she was initially just helping out until their grant came through. Why is there not one writer on this show who can come up with a plausible back story for these two? It’s getting to be beyond tiresome.

If introducing Doug was an attempt by TPTB to gage how accepting viewers would be of a Sara/Grissom break up then I think the abysmal ratings may make them rethink that idea. I would not be surprised if the drastic drop in ratings is because a lot of Grissom fans stayed away. Warning to TPTB, do not underestimate the enduring popularity of Grissom and the loyalty of his fans. I expect this is the first and last time we will see Doug in Vegas. Back to the drawing board, guys!

7. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^^ Agreed. I don't even think the point was to create anything between Sara/Doug, the point was to bring to the surface Sara's feelings. In the final scene where she hugs Doug, you can see it on her face, she's not thinking about him, she's thinking about Grissom. Which makes this episode tragic to watch.

8. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

That was some superb acting, wasn't it. She absolutely couldn't have portrayed those emotions any better.

Good question and I'd love to know the answer. This is one thing that makes the long-distance problem somewhat self-imposed- the fact that the job(that once got to her so bad that she had to leave) is now keeping her in Vegas away from her husband(who actually quit to be with her among other reasons). I firmly believe those two would never let their marriage fall apart because of these circumstances however.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

A plane took a nose dive into the ground, nearly incinerating everything and everyone inside, yet the doors and windows remained intact enough to provide tamper marks and a piece of green paint that later fit perfectly onto the tool from which it came?

10. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

The door broke off before the rest of the plane hit the ground, which is how the pilot ended up in the pool. They mentioned Sara going out and finding it separated from the crash site I believe.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, thanks. Must have missed that in all of the convoluted mess. ;)

12. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Wow, I didn't think about a lot of things in your perspective. Excellent analysis. :thumbsup:

13. Castello

Castello Civilian

CSI was up againt the annual Barbara Walters Presents the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2012 must have affected ratings

14. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I'm just looking at it from the pov of a passionate Grissom/WP fan. I'm feeling very protective of them these days:)

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this episode. I thought it was one of the better episodes this season.

I loved seeing Donna again and her interactions with Greg, D.B. and Morgan. I like her character.