CSI: NY Renewed for Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2012.

1. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...-cbs-nina-tassler-discusses-tough-choice.html

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Interesting reasons, though I still think Miami's budget had to have at least a little to do with it.

Maybe being on an hour earlier will boost ratings, although putting a freshman show between NY and Blue Bloods could hurt them, too. I guess we'll see in the fall.

3. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Eh, I don't buy the whole NYC-Friday-fest reason at all. Surely people watch a show for the content/characters more than the city it's set in? :rolleyes:

It just seems like a dumb reason to cover-up the fact that it all came down to money.

4. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I've always wondered how much it cost to rent out the FAA Employees Credit Union to use as the facade of the MDPD crime lab.

5. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

CSI NY is great, the first one i watch when I was older enough to watch r16 (that what it is rated here in New Zealand) lol and glad it renewed but I would have though CSI Miami would be the only and last of the CSI shows to air, also go one for longer like 5 years or more?? I'm in season 6 in New Zealand lol so far behind!

6. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

If you mean Season 6 for Miami, then you DO get four more years of it. :)

7. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

No I meant season 6 of NY but however since our country screws the TV times lol lol, it seems CSI: NY is on at 11:15pm on Wednesdays, Sunday 10:00 is either CSI: Miami or CSI?? depends which comes first but we are in season 12 of CSI and I'm guessing we are in season 7 or 8 of CSI Miami?? I'll check the TV times.

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I was surprised at how much I loved Sela Ward's Jo when she was added. It made it so much easier to get over MK's departure. Now I just love how Jo seems to have become the "mom" to the team (to Mac's "dad"), really making them seem like a family. As much as I enjoyed both series, that change made me fall in love with CSI:NY all over again, so I'm pleased that this was the series TPTB chose to stay. However, I would have preferred to lose one or two of the comedies or reality shows instead of Miami, had I been granted the wish to choose among the CBS shows.

9. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

I'm new here, and I needa make my rounds of supporting CSI New York, since they happily got us renewed for another season.
    Well the day I heard the news I almost started to cry because I was too happy.
    My three wishes for this season, is that all the characters get some sort of closure, two that Jo and Flack have more scenes together becuz they are amazing together (in my mind hence my name), and overall more personal moments becuz you only catch glimpses of what they do on days off. (well besides Mac who obviously goes back to work lol)

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I feel exactly the same. Never thought I'd get over character/actor departure so smoothly. Actually I don't miss MK that much.
    I guess Sela/Jo had made it all up for me.
    And now I'm liking Csi:NY better again...

11. JoFlackPenguin

JoFlackPenguin Hit and Run

Okay I admit it i was a BIG supporter of Stella... but then when Jo came along I got used to her.
    Happy for the character change I thank you for that CBS... Jo Danville is an amazing character and I hope they keep her amazing (and that they show us more of a relationship with her kids I miss seeing them)

12. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

Maybe there is hope for those Jo/Mac shippers lol, I perfer if Jo went with Hawkes- he needs some loving.

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Hate to burst your bubble, Mr Jo Danville, but Sheldon has a girlfriend. Did you somehow miss those episodes with her? :)

14. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

Don't think so??? what season is it?? I'm in season 6 but I have seen his ex who was raped though.

15. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Yeah, she's coming up in s7 :)