Grade 'Flash Pop'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 29, 2012.

?

How would you grade Flash Pop?

1. A+

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. A-

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New episode tomorrow night! Putting the grading thread up a little early so that everyone remembers to tune in. Let us know what you thought after you watch the ep! :cool:

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

2 more hours to go!! :(

3. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I really enjoyed the episode. It has been too long without Mac and the gang. I thought Mac looked rested and better than usual. The crime was odd but glad Harlan didn't kill her. The 50s tie in was a bit strange and the idea that someone could get Stormy Red lipstick today was crazy. I liked the banter of the cast. The D/L scene bothered me and I am usually immune to that silliness. Clack glacier someone as usual and I missed his 'tude. As for Mac and Christine, I am rooting for them. I was glad she kissed him because he was being so slow about it. So all in all a good ep

4. alicelc

alicelc Victim

Gotta love PST :'(
    I'm waiting too ... It's ok. We've waited 6 weeks. 1.5 hours can't be longer than that :p

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yay!! Adam is back!!

I think they re shot some scenes because a friend who I chat with said his hair was longer and he was scruffier in the conference room.

I liked this episode actually but it was interesting to see how they used to do crime scenes back then.

I do wonder how long it will be until Jo is no longer working on that cold case that she said she would work on.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I thought it was pretty good. Including the DL stuff, but I'm a sucker for it. That one Jo/Mac scene was nice too, where she told Mac what she felt...I like how she's fitting in despite only being there two years. The shippers will have fun with it lol.

I wonder if this ep was perhaps written to be aired slightly earlier than March...it can still snow in March, but it seemed more wintery to me.

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I thought tonight's episode was great! I am going to have to rewatch it because there were some parts I missed due to I have two barking dogs that live with us. I have Comcast/Xfinity on Demand, so I hope they have it loaded up to rewatch.

I like the part where Mac and Jo where in that room, giving that Lab Tech Girl "Down The Road", for killing one of their own. I have never seen Mac or Jo that angry! It was so real! Also that lady that kissed Mac at towards the end of the program. I didn't get her name, and I have seen here on the show this season, but I guess it's Mac's new love interest.:thumbsup:

What I like about CSI NY is that Gary Sinse keeps all the "Love-Mushy" stuff to a minimum and they stay focused on the cases they are working on. I think the Danny/Lindsay marriage has worked out great on the show. I really hate CBS wanting to end CSI NY.:(

Peace

8. Rena

Rena Rookie

Well, when I was in New York last year around the end of march it was snowing again and pretty cold (36°F). But I agree that the hiatus might have been longer than intended.

To be honest, I didn't like the episode at all. The case was stupid, the story was stupid, the lab technicians were stupid, the accusations were stupid, like no real evidence, and Mac was annoying when he talked to Adam that way. In the flashback sequence at the end we saw the other lab technician (btw. why are they're always referring to the murderer as "the killer"? That sounds so inappropriate and non-professional. EDIT: I think there's a difference when it's used in English and German. In German it's colloquial language and used by tabloids) who killed the girl wearing no gloves. So there would have been fingerprints left on the glass unless she wiped it clean (which we didn't see in the sequence). EDIT: Actually, she touched a lot of things such as the shoes and the body without wearing any protection. I think as a lab technician she should have known that she shouldn't touch anything without gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints).
    The flashbacks to the 1950ies were annoying and didn't fit into the present story. The detective must be 77 now but he looked like 60-something. :scream::wtf:

I don't know why but this episode was somehow bad. I give it a C-. I didn't enjoy the story at all. The part with Christine at the end was nice (though I didn't like seeing them kissing ;);)). IMO, this is the way it should be, not the way they did it with Peyton at the start of S3 with both of them in bed. I thought it was great how Jo told Mac to change the suit and get something more casual :guffaw:I love her so much for that! Mac got all insecure and - thank goodness! - changed the clothing...he looked great at the restaurant and was such a sweetheart!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I liked this episode for the most part. When they kept mentioning Adam doing something (I forget what) at the beginning of the episode, I thought he wasn't going to be in the episode, but he was. :lol: Though I don't really know why Mac and everyone always crap on him...it made me sad seeing the writers doing that when he's already going through a tough time in his real life.

I liked the Jo and Mac scenes. Especially when Mac asked her if she needed a tissue, he sounded a bit sarcastic and I couldn't help but laugh. :)

Anyone notice in the Danny/Lindsey scene when they were analyzing all the footprints how each time they cut Danny had his arms crossed, then they would cut again and they were uncrossed. It was REALLY noticeable, lol. They goofed up there. :rommie:

I still don't like Christine very much but whatever. :rolleyes: Even though I'm a guy and am not really into the shipper stuff I think it wold be interesting to see Mac and Jo together.

I give this episode an A-. Now no more breaks until the season finale, right?! :)

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Funny you should say that about Adam, I thought, this would be another episode where he isn't in. Bam! There he is! :)

I will have to rewatch the episode since I didn't notice that about the D/L scene.

I do agree, sometimes they gotta stop acting like a jerk to Adam and the writers need to stop writing like that too.

I think Adam was giving his point of view since he works with the lab techs more than the detectives do.

No more breaks for NY. :)

11. bookworm

bookworm Victim

My heart is breaking. This episode was soooooooo bad. I believe the rest of the season is "in the can", but hoping that they're the CSI NY I love. It was like watching a cast sitting down to an initial reading. Where were the forensic skills, like previously mentioned the tech wore no gloves, it should have been a breeze picking up the perp. Jo's outburst in the interrogation room, sorry, a lot too late to become a "cop". My husband's reaction at the end of the episode "What was that?" Still don't like Christine - just bad casting. Someone once said "Respect the past, don't forget the past, but don't live in the past". I love Flack and TPTB could do so much with that character and Adam, he's a sweetheart, always has been and it was cute to watch the banter between Mac and him, but last episode was not nice. D/L were good. Just read PV interview re: showing the family dynamics of the CSI's, well I'll keep watching only because I have to see it through. I'm still praying for Season 9, hopefully to get back to the CSI we all love - seasons 1 - 6 were awesome.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think it was just better that Jo get mad at a woman than Mac. I also think they were just upset that someone in the lab later turned out to be a murderer. Can you imagine the criminals who find out this and their case could be overturned.

I think they could have been a 2 parter though, just seemed kinda rushed.

Writers always have treated Adam like crap though but we all know that cases that are close to Mac always get to him.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The case was average at best, DL were stupid as usual - yes, Danny, call your wife "babe" at work twice because that's really professional and be sure to give her credit for the work on the case that YOU did -- Jo, Adam and Sid were awesome as usual, Hawkes was once again relegated to the background and I do like Mac and Christine. Lee Majors was ridiculously underused. For being gone six weeks and knowing they're in danger of cancellation I expected a lot better.

Veasey's statement that they're going to focus on "family" in S9 and her laughable statement about DL being "wholesome" or "pure" or whatever she said just makes me cringe at the thought of what S9 will be if it does happen. I'd rather see it go out as primarily a crime drama than devolve into being all about the team's private lives and catering even more to shippers.

What a shame for this show to go out with a whimper if it continues to be as bad as last night. I was generous and gave it a C because of some good character moments.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have to confess though, I want to get into two character's private lives, Mac and Adam :adore: :adore:

That being said, I don't see Miami or NY having the full 22 episodes next year if one of them come back. So I'd rather have 22 quality episodes than a short 8 episode season.

15. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I bothers me that they have always treated Adam like a stoner, airhead and then last night was particularly annoying. Mac was too hard on him.