Don't know if I should be worried or not?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Hardline Pro, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think so to.

It's just the fact that suddenly there is optimism Miami might be coming back when just a week ago, it was suggested they might not come back.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Of course, when people say 'all due respect' they tend to mean the opposite... But in this case, it's probably just personal taste. The two shows are so different, it's unlikely (I'd have thought) that one could be a fan of them both equally.

3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I would not worry about nothing until TV Guide, which seems to be a relaible source, says it is so. Mr. Caruso wants to make it to 12 seasons, and Ms. LaRue talked about them filiming in Asia. I think that is going to happen, unless there are budget cuts at CBS due to the economy. Hey I like Cold Case too. The reruns come on I On Television Network. The same man that created the CSI Shows created Cold Case. Peace!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

You must mean Jerry Bruckheimer? He didn't create Cold Case--his production company produces it, along with all the CSI's. I'm not too sure about filming abroad. Overflated budgets can get you into trouble. They've only done it once.

http://www.jbfilms.com/

5. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

I would definitely be surprised to see NY running for too much longer. I've never properly got into it, but I can say I would be heartbroken if Miami was cancelled, so I am hoping that from the optimism I've heard, it won't be. Would also be extremely sad to see the original going - but in my mind ending the original and continuing with spin-offs doesn't sit quite right, so I think Vegas is particularly safe.

6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Does it make any difference how successful these shows are overseas? Or is it purely based on how they are performing in the US?

7. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I would say it matters to a degree. I mean, if it's money they want, they'll definately get a lot of overseas cash from a show as popular as Miami. Audience wise, it's all about the US numbers. Then again, when shows like the csi's regularly get into the top ten in global audiences, it doesn't hurt.

8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello folks,

Here is what I am thinking, the writing is on the wall for Maimi and NY to be canceled. If that is the case, then this summer, both show should be allow one final "new" farewell-goodbye show. CBS owes it to the many fans and advertisers over the years.

With this being an election year, the economy is still in terrible shape, I feel for the cast and crew of both shows, but the two leading men of both shows, David Caruso and Gary Sinse is going to take this hard. Those men have put their lives into make those shows what they are.

I'm sure the rest of the cast and crew will get jobs somewhere else, but the person to really worry about is David Caruso. CSI Miami "fixed" the bad rep he had in the past. Now the man is 57, and little kids at home, it maybe a hard time for him finding work. They could move David to CSI Vegas, since he will be the one (in my opinion) who will suffer the worst. Gary Sinse has a better chance of finding work in movies or another TV Series on the other three networks, ABC, NBC, FOX, and maybe Time Warner would want him.

Peace

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think Gary might take it harder because he is the producer of the show as well. But I just hope he does some acting as well as his band but hope he doesn't do the band full time.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

If this is truly the end, maybe David will just decide to take a break and be "dad". Come back later and see what's out there. A decade is a long time to be on one show. [​IMG] Whatever happens, I'm sure both Gary and David will be just fine.

11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Everyone,

After reading some of the press releases CBS has put out to the media and the public, it's hard to say what is going to happen, but in my opinion, CSI NY will go off, and I hate that because I like Gary Sinise and I do "LOVE" Anna Belknap!:)

To the cast of CSI NY: (my song)

Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
    On the road to Shambala,
    Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
    On the road to Shambala,:)
    (do you remember Three Dog Night?)

May "Peace" be with the cast, crew, and fans,

Jimi,
    Your Ole "Hippie" Friend

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

There is a new thread called CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

"CSI: NY," CBS
    Why: Of the two "CSI" spinoffs, "CSI: NY" is the stronger. Pulling in more than 10 million viewers on a Friday night is no easy task.

"CSI: Miami," CBS
    Why: Out of the three (!) "CSI" programs on the air, "CSI: Miami" could be the one to say goodbye first. The one-time ratings giant has been affected by football overruns (just as "The Good Wife" has) and "CSI: NY" has the edge in terms of total viewers, meaning a "Miami" sunset could be on the horizon.

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

It will depend on the next few weeks and also Miami does have that deal with AMC so we'll see

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, we will have to see even though NY's ratings last night was not very good.

15. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I keep seeing these rumors of AMC making a deal with CBS to buy out the rights to CSI Mimai. There has been no official word or press release about this. The only thing AMC has right now is a contact to show reruns of CSI Miami.

I'll say this, I sure hope it happens, but one side of my brain tells me that CBS will want major bucks out of AMC for the rights to CSI Miami, or they will not sell them at all.

All that has happed right now is CSI Miami is in syndication where satellite networks like AMC, A&E, TNT, etc. can just show the reruns. That's it for now. I'm sure if AMC is doing this, it will come out soon.

Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.