RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,183
Members: 11,252
Currently online: 59
Newest member: samileigh

Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   Talk CSI > CSI Crime Scene > General CSI Discussion

General CSI Discussion General topics on the CSI series.

Closed Thread

Old March 14 2012, 08:40 PM   #1
jimihendrix
Rookie

CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

I just saw this on Xfinity/Comcast.net Home Page. Both CSI Miami and NY are in Limbo, which means, not contracts have been finalized by CBS. The link is below:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/...-half-men-yet/

Also, Two and One Half Men maybe in trouble as well, and I can see that show going away, but not the two CSI spinoff shows. If anybody finds out any more information, post it!

Peace
Old March 14 2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Finch
Funnier in Enochian

Re: CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Moved this over to the GenCSI forum, as it's likely people will be discussing both CSI:NY and CSI:Miami, rather than just Miami. That way fans of both shows (or all three) can participate in this general setting.
Old March 14 2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Faylinn
Adam Fangirl

There probably won't be a ninth season of CSI:NY, although a tiny part of me hopes that the network will bring it back for another year. I think CSI: Miami has more of a chance of returning, but I'm waiting to see what gets decided.

They're going to torture me by making me wait for months to find out if my shows are coming back.
Old March 14 2012, 10:27 PM   #4
mulder42
CSI Level Two

Yeah, they practically renewed all the CBS shows, except New York & Miami. They sure love to torture us!!!
Old March 14 2012, 10:31 PM   #5
daisymay
Police Officer

Originally Posted by mulder42 View Post
Yeah, they practically renewed all the CBS shows, except New York & Miami. They sure love to torture us!!!
I agree. Don't like 'limbo'... I'd be surprised if they cancel both, and on that basis I imagine Miami is safer than New York. But who knows? They could yet surprise us (and probably not in a good way).

Last edited by daisymay; March 14 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old March 14 2012, 10:37 PM   #6
fanilowchick
Police Officer

View fanilowchick's Twitter Profile

First of all let me say congratulations to all the CSI fans! You will have plenty to talk about and be enjoying your show for another year

I am keeping my fingers crossed but am confident Miami will be renewed.
Old March 14 2012, 11:04 PM   #7
Hardline Pro
Police Officer

View Hardline Pro's Twitter Profile

Whether it's Miami, NY, or both shows that gets canceled I will always remember the CSI franchise. With almost 700 episodes and 30 seasons across all 3 shows, I think the franchise was mighty successful.

I am now 100% convinced that one of the CSI shows will be ending this year. Personally, I think it will be NY, but it could go either way.

No matter what though, next year just won't be the same without all 3 CSI shows on the air.
Old March 15 2012, 12:01 AM   #8
jimihendrix
Rookie

I keep try to post on here, but I get cut off, there is a storm going over top of us now.

Electronic Petitions and Emails won't work!

Nancy Tellem, President of CBS Network Television Entertainment said last year that CSI NY and CSI Miami would remain on as long as people will watching them. Let's make her hold up to what she said!

Here is the link to the CBS Corporation in New York. MAKE SOME NOISE, call every day and bug the heck out of Nancy's staff and secretary!

http://www.cbscorporation.com/
Old March 15 2012, 02:00 AM   #9
Geeno
Pathologist

I doubt CSI: Miami, Horatio and his sunglasses are in any danger of forced retirement after this season. Besides, nobody messes with Horatio except those who wanted themselves vaporized.

Well CSI: NY I hope it gets renewed or else I don't have any reason to watch CBS Friday. As well as other NY fans right!? No one tunes to CBS Friday if NY gets the boot. Leave Blue Bloods to grandpa and grandma and just have them tell you what the Raegan family talked over the Sunday dinner before you sleep. Grimm is fine!

Last edited by Geeno; March 15 2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old March 15 2012, 03:08 AM   #10
Lego107
Dead on Arrival

CANCEL THE GOOD WIFE, BLUE BLOODS, AND NCSI LOS ANGELES. all those show stink in comparison to CSI, SAVE NY AND MIAMI. call cbs, mail them, make your voices heard if you want to save these SHOWWSSS

Old March 15 2012, 03:31 AM   #11
jimihendrix
Rookie

Hello Lego,

Be cool my brother, those are not bad shows, but I could do without "The Good Wife"! We need to set our minds back to the late 60's, the generation before me, "The Hippie Generation", and protest to CBS! Heck, if we all have to, lets to New York, set up tents in front of the CBS Building and have signs up to support Miami and NY.

I don't have Twitter, and if I had it, I wouldn't know how to use it, but for those of you who do, start sending out massive tweets about this. I think the whole country should know that Nancy Teller, President of CBS, lied to us last year! I want to know if she has lied to us in an article I saw when reporters interviewed her about the future of CSI Miami and New York.

In all due respect, let's have a "peaceful protest"!

Peace to all CSI Fans!
Old March 15 2012, 04:04 AM   #12
spencerreidfan
Police Officer

This is not a good sign for CSI: NY or Miami but I'm still hopeful. Miami has had more viewership and a stronger fan base from the start (no offense to NY fans, those are just the facts) and I'm hoping CBS will take that into consideration along with the fact that Miami is performing well this season given the circumstances. But if it is the end, all I ask for is a good, satisfying ending that will leave everyone thinking about the show overall in a positive way.
Old March 15 2012, 07:16 AM   #13
Colonel Worf
Pathologist

I'm shocked Miami wasn't renewed in this batch. I have no hope left for NY now that CBS is plotting a move to Friday for the Mentalist, though.
Old March 15 2012, 07:42 AM   #14
Theresa
Lab Technician

Why was Good Wife renewed so quickly? Their ratings have been tanking, and CSIM consistently beats them. It may be simply economics; Good Wife is much less expensive to produce. Do you think CBS is waiting to see how the cop show does in Miami's slot? The previews sure don't make me want to watch it.
Old March 15 2012, 08:35 AM   #15
Alessia
Dead on Arrival

View Alessia's Twitter Profile

Eva La Rue posted this on twitter
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118051458
Closed Thread