Don't know if I should be worried or not?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Hardline Pro, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I don't know if I should be worried about any of the CSI shows being canceled or not...?

The ratings have been lower than ever before for all 3 shows. But there are several factors that make me think that they will be renewed for another season...

CSI: Miami got a syndication deal with AMC and there are mentions of an 11th season in that deal.

I don't think CBS would miss out on the opportunity at advertising "the end of the CSI series", that would get A LOT of attention, rather than just canceling them without telling everyone beforehand.

Also, CSI: NY and Miami seem like they'll be ending with a cliffhanger. Mac may be injured and the Miami team may be broken up. Maybe the producers were told that they would have another season so they can end this one the way they wanted...?

But on the other hand CSI: NY and Miami have only been renewed for 18 and 19 episodes...

:(

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

CSI:NY is the most at-risk of the three. I think it's pretty certain that CSI will be back, and Miami does have a much better chance than NY (and the syndication deal probably plays a role). CSI:NY barely escaped cancellation last season, and as you said, it has a limited episode run this year.

It's possible that all three could return for another season, but I think it's quite likely that we're reaching the end of CSI:NY. I hope not because it's my favorite, but it won't be a surprise if CBS decides not to pick it up. :(

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I think my favorite, NY could be cancelled, but I am praying it is not. As for Miami I really could take it or leave it, but I think it could make it another season. I also expect CSI (Vegas) to be back next year.

4. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

^^ Love that Mac icon ;)

I think NY is almost a definite cancel, Vegas will get another season for sure, and Miami is more likely to be renewed than canceled.

5. Ryan&MacFan

Ryan&MacFan Victim

On the scorecard it did state that it could go either way for Miami and NY. It did say CSI a sure thing which I think helped when they brought Ted Danson to be the boss of that show as I didn't like that show with Ray Langston so I didn't watch it so I ended up starting to watch it all over again with Ted.

I bet Miami will continue with cliffhangers as I do believe it will come back.

Definetly NY is more likely to end first but NY is the highest rating on Fri night even higher than Blue Bloods and it seems like Blue Bloods is coming back.

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I think all 3 will come back for new seasons. Trying to stay on the positive side...:thumbsup:

7. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Miami is the only one I watch, but I do know Vegas is a definite to return. I thought NY was getting canceled last year, so I will be surprised if it gets another season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see a Miami season 11!

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

No cliffhanger for NY, it's been stated recently.

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Here's where CBS' show stand from TV By the Numbers

I'd say CSI: NY :(, Unforgettable, and A Gifted Man are goners

10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

the original CSI is still holding up so far, and if the ratings continue to stay strong, or stable at least (if not go up), then I'm not too worried about it getting canceled. Either way, you'd think we'd know in advance if that was the case.

11. sharp52092

Eh, not always

NY's fate was a toss up last season, they didn't announce until a few weeks after the season finale that it would be coming back

12. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Seriously?? weird :confused:!

13. sharp52092

Yep, it was between NY and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior

14. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I remember when that happened a couple of years ago with Without A Trace and Cold Case. In the end, Cold Case stayed on for one more year.
    As for the other part..going to stay positive but the writing is on the wall for CSI NY.

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

And Gary tweeted last night a suggestion that the show won't be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.