Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

They displayed it indeed with high "Junior High" aspects, but I think it was definitely serious.....
    Especially when Hodges stated the following to Catherine in Blood Moon:

.... “I had love in my grasp and I let it slip through my fingers. That’s a terrible thing to wake up to every day.”...

2. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I really like Cath and Lou, I think they developed the relationship very organically, and haven't overdone or ignored it. I expect them to stay together even after Cath leaves, and I hope Lou stays. They've said that Cath may be back for appearances here and there after she officially leaves haven't they? Having Lou still there to keep us up to date with what Cath is up to will help her returning eps seem natural imo.

I've never liked GSR, stopped watching the show because of it. However, I do think the eps this season that have mentioned the relationship were required considering the ship is canon, and I didn't mind them. My only hope is that if Gris comes back for an ep or two they don't have any scenes together as I can't stand them in the same room! (not that that will happen)

I guess I ship Hodges/Wendy in the sense that I think they have feelings for each other and should be together, but I'm not interested in seeing it. I didn't enjoy the labrats episodes the more they did of them because they became more about this pairing rather than all the labrats and that was dissapointing for me as I prefer the other labrats. I like Wendy, but I haven't missed her.

I do see chemistry between these two, but I see it more as colleagues who work well together rather than romantic chemistry.

3. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Wow. I'm surprised to see GSR take such a grilling by some people. I'm not the biggest fan of the ship (in fact, it downright irritated me during its hayday) and while I still find the chemistry between Grissom and Sara to be negligible, I certainly don't blame it for the demise of the show (that rests solely on Langston's shoulders :cool: ).

I'm not the world's biggest ship fan when it comes to CSI, prefering the science and friendships of the team to romance, but I will admit to really liking how they've developed Catherine and Vartann. There's great chemistry between the two and a compatableness that I never saw with Grissom and Sara. I've really enjoyed watching they're relationship pan out and I sincerely hope that Catherine's exit from the show involves Vartann and a happy ending (although I would be sorry to see Vartann leave as next to Sofia, he was one of my favourite detectives).

On the downside, I am really not liking where they are leading the GReg/Morgan/Nick thing this season. I really like Morgan and sincerely hope they don't make her a love interest for Greg just because she's young and pretty (GSR was already an annoying distraction in the show, I don't want to see a second) not to mention the disgust I would feel if she came between Nick and Greg's friendship as I've always enjoyed their interactions and think they have a wonderful big brother/little brother thing going on.

I really wish Hodges had got his happy ever after with Wendy. I know their relationship was quite childlike but I think that had alot to do with Hodges stunted emotional maturity. Wendy would have been good for him but I guess it wasn't to be.

As for Brass and Sofia, can't say I've ever seen anything other than mutual respect between them. Would love to see Sofia back on a permanent basis, she was really great.

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I agree. It hasn't gotten that far yet, but I do hope they don't make anything canon out of it. I don't mind little hints and flirtation, but I too would prefer to keep the focus on the science and crime-solving. Keep the soap-opera romances and triangles for the fanfics. :)

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Well I don't agree with you on GSR, I find them very compatible actually :) though I agree with you about Vartllows, and I agree with you on who ruined the show ;)

As for Morgan, if I want her to end up with anyone I want it to be Greg but not until later when she's more developed or towards the end of the show, and I don't think the Greg-Morgan-Nick love triangle will be much of one if there's any love triangle to worry about it's
    the Vartann-Catherine-FBI Guy
    :eek:

Maybe when they end the show or if Wally decided to leave, Hodges can transfer to Portland (where Wendy went) :) or that's what I hope for

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey guys, I know there a a few new spoilers coming out.. but let's keep this thread as generic as possible.

If there is some about a specific pairing, post it in their respective thread and please use a spoiler tag until the episode has aired.

Thank you. :D

7. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Well said. :)

8. CSI_The Love

CSI_The Love Victim

I seriously don't like where they're going with the Greg/Morgan/Nick triangle! She's pretty but I don't want her screwing up Nick and Greg's relationship (friendship) I, being a huge lover of The Love, wish to see more of Nick and Greg and sort of less of Nick/Morgan/Greg/Morgan:angryrazz:

9. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I'm a lot more invested in the friendships between the characters and the fact that the team is like a family (at least they used to be when Warrick and Grissom were around, it may start to feel like that again, considering how well D.B. and Morgan are fitting in, but now that Catherine's gone :(, and we're getting a third new character I'm a little hesitant to see what the ensemble will be like), than any possible romance. There are a few exceptions though:

I always thought Warrick and Catherine would've made a great couple (it's too sad that they killed him off :(:(:(), they really had chemistry, and I thought he would've been a great dad to Lindsey. I liked Catherine and Vartann too though, they also had a natural connection, and I was so glad she finally found a love interest who was not only good to her, but didn't die on her as well. I was really disappointed that the writers decided to just end them as a couple.

I like Grissom and Sara; they were both a lot a like and it was interesting to see a romance develop between the two of them, their chemistry was unique and kinda dynamic and geeky (in a good way :)) IMO :).

I'm open to shipping Morgan and Greg, they're starting to have good chemistry, and I love how she brings out his more lighthearted side ;);however, unless their current relationship goes anywhere, I wouldn't mind if they just stayed friends.

As for the other pairings, I'm not really a fan, but I do love the relationships between them platonic/friendship-wise and I can understand why people ship them, plus I've read fanfics about them that I actually liked, despite not being a shipper :D:

Nick/Greg

Nick/Catherine

Sara/Greg

Catherine/Grissom

10. sharp52092

^ Wow, Lilith! A lot of that is how I feel, are we twins? :lol:

11. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Really? That's cool :D :)!! :lol::lol: maaaayyybe :lol:!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  12. sharp52092

Maybe we can get some conversation going here :)

What do people think of:

Vartllows end? As for me, didn't like it :(

Branders (Greg/Morgan)? If they wait a little awhile and do it later, I'm all for it :thumbsup:

Nick/someone? Since they've been trying to find a love interest for him this season

And anything else people want to discuss :)

13. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

If Greg and Morgan's relationship does slowly build up into something more, then heck yes :):). Maybe we should put up "Branders" as their official title, if everyone else agrees :):).

Well, I think George Eads has already chosen Nick's love interest :lol:, and I admit I am curious to see what kind of relationship Nick and Julie will have in general :) (although like with Greg/Morgan, I would want it to develop more gradually, if the writers wanted to go in that direction). But that may change in the future, maybe there will be some other girl outside of work, he has better chemistry with. I just hope their attempts to get him a possible love interest won't make the show soap operish or anything (I remember back in "Bittersweet", worrying about there being a love triangle :( ), although, CSI throughout the years has been really good about that for the most part, at least compared to other drama shows, so I'm not that worried about it.

14. sharp52092

Works for me :)

I'm open to Finnicky (Nick/Julie) too :lol: but I've got to see it and see what the writing is like, the chemistry, and all those factors :)

Doesn't look like there's going to be much of a love triangle, which I'm happy about :) and no I don't feel CSI has gotten too much soap operaish, but I know people disagree

15. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

:lol:,how can I forget Nick/Julie's ship name :lol:!

I guess it all comes down to what kind of relationships fans like or prefer, and what they think is too corny and ridiculous when it comes to romance on any show.